Sign in to follow this  
Strider

Why are cheaters not getting banned?

Its become a joke now. We have placed a few reports in now about a certain company and their continued use of aimbotting. Why are the Dev/s not cracking down on these people? Or any cheaters in that fact.

Youd need a video and proper proof and youd need to post it to reddit and cause such a public outrage that doing something about it can't be avoided.. This dev's dont even say hi on discord.. or anywhere, anymore.. you really think a ticket means jack shit nowadays?

• Like 2

The devs have said in the past that during the early acces(Pre-release) that only the most severe cases will be punished due to the time and effort it takes to manage such things.

Also, aimbotting is hard to catch. A couple of lucky shots and everyone and their mother is crying aimbot.

• Haha 1

Anyone that was fighting in i10 knows exactly which tribe and who is using the aimbots. I know the dev's got many reports over the last 24hrs from multiple tribes about these guys. Anyone that was there can legit say this isn't a case of lucky shots.  The excuse that Aimbotting is hard to catch is running thin. This hack is ruining the game and for me personally i am getting burnt out by it. I love PvP. Win or lose matters not to me. Getting cheated on the other hand, continuously is driving me closer to quitting.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Strider said:

Anyone that was fighting in i10 knows exactly which tribe and who is using the aimbots. I know the dev's got many reports over the last 24hrs from multiple tribes about these guys. Anyone that was there can legit say this isn't a case of lucky shots.  The excuse that Aimbotting is hard to catch is running thin. This hack is ruining the game and for me personally i am getting burnt out by it. I love PvP. Win or lose matters not to me. Getting cheated on the other hand, continuously is driving me closer to quitting.

I know exactly who you're talking about. They stand just inside render distance and headshot you perfectly every time.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 3:30 AM, Strider said:

On 2/12/2020 at 10:19 PM, ArrowSlit said:

I know exactly who you're talking about. They stand just inside render distance and headshot you perfectly every time.

Ok so, let the community know then, instead of beating around the bush. Who was doing it? Lets get company name and individual names.

If your gonna quit over it, at least aim bot them back for a bit first if you know you can get away with it. 

I used to not bot in a game I used to play because I didn't want to risk getting banned. After a few years, I realized the best people were all botting because the dev didn't really care. I quit for a bit. Then said fuck it, came back and botted my ass off and was one of the top players. It is certainly not my preference, would never be how I wanna play a game. I do not and have not cheated in Atlas, but I am not as competitive as I once was, and havn't had the misfortune of being aim botted at yet. But don't be misled, I will play the way the devs allow and encourage.

Cheating....

Its how the Patriots win.

Its how the Astros win.

Its how KU wins.

Becuase they get away with it.

Not allowed to name them. Get in trouble for that. Not allowed to encourage cheating yourself, you get in trouble for that as well. I honestly wish the forum moderators are the ones dealing with the cheaters. Things get done quick.

But yes it is extremely fustrating. Dealing with it right now again. We even have the pudding and ale going and still getting wiped off our tames and hte ledges. We as a crew are at our wits end and i do have some guys that want to use the aimbot just to survive against the cheaters in question. I have deterred them so far, but i can't honestly think why i should. If the Dev's are not going to do fuck all about it..............

My guys are tired of making reports. They are not getting feedback if anything is being done so its discouraging further reports. We know nothing is getting done because the very same individuals are still at it. So its meh. I love this game. But, i am not gonna sacrifice my sanity over it anymore. So maybe the only way The dev's will listen is if people start making reviews and encouraging other's not to get the game till they fix this issue.

I can tell you first hand you do get in trouble for such. The Forum mods work harder and faster to deal with Code of Conduct violations than the GS Dev's in dealing with in game CoC problems.

ok first off to the guy who admits to aimbotting...lame dude.

second off, why can't you name who you think is aimbotting?

14 hours ago, SeroJ said:

ok first off to the guy who admits to aimbotting...lame dude.

second off, why can't you name who you think is aimbotting?

Because we do not allow Naming & Shaming / Witch Hunting on the forums.  At best, it accomplishes nothing.  At worst, it starts fights and flame wars based on the "they said" vs "they said" model; plus all of the people that like to pile on and throw in their insults.

And, it is a rule that is put in place to protect everyone.  It does not take much work or talent to fake a few pics and post them as proof that someone was violating the COC; or they could just skip that work and just make the claim in a post.   

In-game issues can only be handled through support tickets.

And, I have no say over how support tickets are handled; I cannot even see them, except when people report their own ticket (which does nothing for your ticket).

• Like 1

Guess the dev's finally banned a chunk of the company we been reporting for the last few months and confirmed by the Global ban list. Guess better late than never, but this company  said they don't care. They are going to Last Oasis.

Of course there is also the issue of HOW they are able to cheat.  Both the pistol and carbine have very long ranges, laser like accuracy and no bullet travel time.  You know, just like muzzle loaded matchlocks, flintlocks, snaplock, snaphance, etc, weapons had!

Except they didn't.

On 3/23/2020 at 7:18 PM, Strider said:

They are going to Last Oasis.

Trash takes itself out. Same groups are also the ones that bitch endlessly about the devs, exploit, make intentionally laggy islands, etc.

Well, don't count your chickens yet. Last Oasis might have F'ed up. Breaching upon worst steam EA launch title that Atlas has held. They might come back this way if LO can't get their act together. Me on the other hand, i have quit weeks ago. I would love to say i am coming back to Atlas since i have enjoyed it greatly, but i can't trust the Devs. Let alone to act in a time fashion to deal with a cancer before he destroyed my company. Nothing wrong with getting foundation wiped by an enemy that either out skilled you or out numbered you. But to lose all your hard earned "stuff" to a bunch of hackers that paid for aimbot and knowing full well that it was the aimbotters that carried them to victory. Yeah, that ended it for me here. 3 months of reporting it took to get some bans, way too long and the damage already done.

On 3/23/2020 at 4:33 PM, Jerryn said:

Because we do not allow Naming & Shaming / Witch Hunting on the forums.  At best, it accomplishes nothing.  At worst, it starts fights and flame wars based on the "they said" vs "they said" model; plus all of the people that like to pile on and throw in their insults.

And, it is a rule that is put in place to protect everyone.  It does not take much work or talent to fake a few pics and post them as proof that someone was violating the COC; or they could just skip that work and just make the claim in a post.   

In-game issues can only be handled through support tickets.

And, I have no say over how support tickets are handled; I cannot even see them, except when people report their own ticket (which does nothing for your ticket).

Ok man thanks for clearing that up.

Good on the devs for starting to ban some peeps. I also heard of some people "leaving for..." and honestly I think some of it is a big excuse.. I wont name names but a big company i think we all know of recently just "quit", claiming then won "s3" when in reality their members were... reduced.. for whatever reason..

In reality they lost a lot of fights, lost some proxys, and then tried to save face by scuttling their own boats.

That other game i wont mention isn't even live right now so .. lol.

Servers were shutdown and i think aren't up for another 4 days or so, until back up for pre-alpha

On 4/2/2020 at 11:20 PM, SeroJ said:

Ok man thanks for clearing that up.

Good on the devs for starting to ban some peeps. I also heard of some people "leaving for..." and honestly I think some of it is a big excuse.. I wont name names but a big company i think we all know of recently just "quit", claiming then won "s3" when in reality their members were... reduced.. for whatever reason..

In reality they lost a lot of fights, lost some proxys, and then tried to save face by scuttling their own boats.

That other game i wont mention isn't even live right now so .. lol.

Servers were shutdown and i think aren't up for another 4 days or so, until back up for pre-alpha

If it's PVP and some players are allowed to cheat, the game is no longer fun.   So honorable people LEAVE.  There are so many problems with the game-

1.  Disparity with Xbox and PC.  Many new players, perhaps most are on Xbox.  They can't even enter built up area without freezing/disconnecting.  All they got is official servers.  Experience sucks for Xbox.  Islands are Xbox "Proof". 

2.  Storing at Freeport.  10 canon bears sitting in freeport waiting to raid...  it's against the spirit of the game, I'm sorry.

3.  Aimbot, cheating.  On top of launching raids from PVE maps, cheating is still highly prevalent.

4.  BUGS, I like to joke that just about every map has a bug in it.  For example.  D13, has had a bug for a long time that makes it difficult to go up ladders.  Reported, never fixed. 

Yes, all of this makes me Super Salty. 

2. The reality: People who spent 1000 hours breeding can have a safe spot to leave their breeder tame

3. don't think i've seen an aimbot but i've seen tons of other shit

4. Having difficulty with emergency ladders is explained as lore i think... they poked fun at this by making it "easier to climb emergency ladders" in a patchfix heh

because truth be told DEVS REALLY JUST DONT CARE!!!! they beat around the bush saying its hard and not time efficent cause they have to et off the couch to do anything and when they do do somthing... here heres a hanging basket for your troubles no you lost thousands of players due to your inability to perform basic tasks as a dev. it just sucks it was a good game till they decided to put it on the backburner