Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Rabbit

PVE Needs mixed PVP

As a player who has played both PVP (except this last season) and PVE every season thus far i think it's time PVE got some end game development love and while i know we are on the roadmap i don't think many of us will remain throughout EA in PVE without some change to that roadmap especially when a lot of the current roadmap and patches have heavy amounts of development time devoted to PVP server centric changes.

PVE server endgame is honestly boring at this point, we have all done the Kraken and Snowman many times over to help get every new player the achievements, breeding is on Auto pilot especially with how well connected our community is now with trading stocks, we all have way too much materials to craft all the crap we have collected getting to lvl cap that I am at and a lot of other people are at or very close to. What now?...

We want PVP on the PVE server in a limited form. Why not just go play on PVP you say? Well we all know each other on the PVE server, we chat all the time on Discords and have a real community going on and we want more ways to interact with other companies but not force them into PVP as a lot of these players just won't go play on the PVP servers, they just won't for a multitude of valid reasons.

What i propose (and i welcome other people with ideas to comment below also) is we turn a few of the central lawless grids in full PVP zones with full land and see combat with full building allowed on land. The sea combat would be welcomed by all PVE groups alone we all want something to build up disposable ships for and just go blow them and each other all up. I would also like to see land combat rewarded with a reason to be there with either some specific tames only spawning here and resources like gold, mythos and multiples of material types to be gathered here. Encourage us to go there and we will go there, we will build defensive and offensive bases and we will fight our friends over them.

I welcome feedback and debate but please no just go to PVP servers for PVP because honestly a lot of our friends just won't and that argument is mute, we just want more end game content within the community we have built.

• Like 1

What you're saying is....yo u want to play pvp..you have done everything because there is little resistance. Your breeding is on auto pilot because no one attacks you..if you think you wont get bored of whatever small PVP- ESQE content u ask for..im sure you are wrong. You dont want your base touched which means your tames and ships will never need replacement..so you get bored doing things like feeding and...well ....what else is there?  Best you can get is an arena type mash in thats not true pvp..its like fighting your older brother at his favorite Street fighter. Give pvp another try..dont be too salty when you get raided...it gives you new things to do. So you dont get into the rut of breed feed and tame..build ship..play arena...bored again.. 

Ive played pve extensively and also pvp...but devs already say they plan on pursuing pvp. And I'm just telling you from experience...youre bored because you play pve...you have learned the game...time to test your skills against others...yes?

What happens when a pve tribe wins in your scenario....you can only hurt their ships...they have a protected base to keep supplying whatever fob they have..and after a while they win either by numbers or by resources...and they only way to tip the scales would be to attack their home base....whatchyadoinnow?

On 2/7/2020 at 11:14 PM, Alpha Rabbit said:

As a player who has played both PVP (except this last season) and PVE every season thus far i think it's time PVE got some end game development love and while i know we are on the roadmap i don't think many of us will remain throughout EA in PVE without some change to that roadmap especially when a lot of the current roadmap and patches have heavy amounts of development time devoted to PVP server centric changes.

PVE server endgame is honestly boring at this point, we have all done the Kraken and Snowman many times over to help get every new player the achievements, breeding is on Auto pilot especially with how well connected our community is now with trading stocks, we all have way too much materials to craft all the crap we have collected getting to lvl cap that I am at and a lot of other people are at or very close to. What now?...

We want PVP on the PVE server in a limited form. Why not just go play on PVP you say? Well we all know each other on the PVE server, we chat all the time on Discords and have a real community going on and we want more ways to interact with other companies but not force them into PVP as a lot of these players just won't go play on the PVP servers, they just won't for a multitude of valid reasons.

What i propose (and i welcome other people with ideas to comment below also) is we turn a few of the central lawless grids in full PVP zones with full land and see combat with full building allowed on land. The sea combat would be welcomed by all PVE groups alone we all want something to build up disposable ships for and just go blow them and each other all up. I would also like to see land combat rewarded with a reason to be there with either some specific tames only spawning here and resources like gold, mythos and multiples of material types to be gathered here. Encourage us to go there and we will go there, we will build defensive and offensive bases and we will fight our friends over them.

I welcome feedback and debate but please no just go to PVP servers for PVP because honestly a lot of our friends just won't and that argument is mute, we just want more end game content within the community we have built.

WE do not want pvp on pve servers that why some people play on pve servers. But more endgame content or any content would be welcome.

just make lawless lawless.... and the ability to declare war mutually, add the combat window pvp has as an invincibility window to prevent ship stealing, inside the 9 hrs"combat phase" ships can be stolen.

Edited by Dukex69
adition

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 3:10 PM, Whitehawk said:

A challenge only pvp would be ok. So many other games do that now.

That or a "At war" status similar to an alliance, you can invite a company to be PVP and they can accept.

but OP's suggestion of the PVP players get the best stuff is why most dont PVP.

Edited by Jack Shandy

i think u want a config that ark have but nobody uses: Tribe War on PVE. The owners of two tribes can declare war for a limited time that will be choose by them too, they can choose when it start and when it finish. i already thinked many times about that thing, should be a way to only blow doors so people dont get entirely wipe (thats a good way to people have fun, get loot and dont quit after losing all they got). i support ur idea and dont worry, mostly of PVP players in those days will never understand what u want cuz they think that Players Vs Structures is PVP, so from that u can imagine why they will never understand. Their kind of fun is destroy everything, they dont even think on the others time, maybe cuz they have all the time in the world to play, dont need to eat or drink, their life is just play and everybody thats is playing should be like them, if not they dont care and destroy everything. i hope i helped and that the devs do something about it to make this game greater.

Edited by SirGray

On 2/7/2020 at 10:14 PM, Alpha Rabbit said:

material

On 2/8/2020 at 10:13 PM, Viktor Ferrahgo said:

What you're saying is....yo u want to play pvp..you have done everything because there is little resistance. Your breeding is on auto pilot because no one attacks you..if you think you wont get bored of whatever small PVP- ESQE content u ask for..im sure you are wrong. You dont want your base touched which means your tames and ships will never need replacement..so you get bored doing things like feeding and...well ....what else is there?  Best you can get is an arena type mash in thats not true pvp..its like fighting your older brother at his favorite Street fighter. Give pvp another try..dont be too salty when you get raided...it gives you new things to do. So you dont get into the rut of breed feed and tame..build ship..play arena...bored again.. 

Ive played pve extensively and also pvp...but devs already say they plan on pursuing pvp. And I'm just telling you from experience...youre bored because you play pve...you have learned the game...time to test your skills against others...yes?

There have many many successful games that allow pve players and pvp servers a place to play on the same server. Your builders can build because your pvp players will need to buy. Your pve players can get involved in pvp by having to go there for a specific material that is needed for higher end items. No risk no reward stand. The game would most likely grow exceptionally quickly if the servers were combined to some degree. Pve players don’t want to rebuild everything all the time which is fair, pvp players tend to not really want I build and just want the challenge and fun of beating another player. There can be both in one place and be enjoyable to everyone no matter what aspect of the game they enjoy. This change would make me play again and so many other companies that left the game entirely just this weekend.

3 hours ago, Reeking cannonbait said:

No risk no reward stand. 

There is a huge difference between fighting high level mobs in challenging conditions or fighting Toxic children for your so called reward.

Please allow us the courtesy not to have to do the later.

Edited by Jack Shandy

They could have an attack system where you can attack a player, ship or base but it only becomes pvp if you are attacked back, meaning they have accepted the challenge. That way everyone can be active for pvp but ignore it if they are not interested. Obviously the damage would only start once the challenge is accepted.