Zhoutai

Maps difficulty been increased

7 hours ago, Percieval said:

Evza said it on discord, look it up yourself. 

Be nice if they made official statements on twitter or their site...

• Like 1

Good job killing two of my best bears and the last fun I had in this game. It's thank you and goodbye from me.

Edited by BigBombz
  • Like 1

Evza on discord said it was not intended and they'll "look into it". So basically it's a bug, but not a major concern, so I'd expect something in the next patch to address it. Save your bears til then.

It's not just bears that were nerfed. It's the entire algorithm  of maps that is hosed.  A friend and I found it impossible to do a lvl 5.8 common map and kill all the warrior AoD, with a Razor and a high level bear. The warriors would just respawn continuously at 25% health.   Last week I could solo any 5.8 map in the game with the same bear.  Some update.

20 hours ago, Yellowbeard said:

Be nice if they made official statements on twitter or their site...

...don't hold your breath.

Edited by Batshit Krazy
typo

So it might be a good idea to just avoid maps all together for awhile. Seems to be a lot of stray AOTD mobs running a muck now, since they basically can't be killed. RIP anyone who built on a treasure spawn.

Update: Latest minor patch supposedly fixed the extra damage dealt by AOTD. However their defense rates are still way too high, making it impossible to kill before reverting into the ground. Good luck everyone.

Last night they wanted to dig up a blue map.  took two bears with parameters 1400XP and 190% damage.  the map was never dug up.  Damage to defenders takes place at the level of 16-32 XP.  Defenders do damage 140-184.  If they could not cause damage - they go underground and it starts all over again.  Bears miraculously survived.  The undertaking with the treasure was postponed indefinitely.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:30 AM, Percieval said:

Evza said it on discord, look it up yourself. 

So I see their communication across platforms is still not even. I wonder whatever happened to the claims I was given months ago that all information would be available across all official sites, yet here is someone asking a question on the official forums and you have to send them to discord, because apparently they didn't bother to also respond here.  Because the official forums are STILL the red headed step child. Catering once again to the kids, not to people a little older who actually have their own money. Smart move GrapeCard™ Yet another one.

Yup, not regretting my decision to walk away from this game. I gave them every chance, but it sure looks like it's going nowhere fast.

• Like 3

I am a solo player have a bear with 171 dmg could do up to blue maps NP. Now with this patch i cant even do reg maps anymore with out getting my bear killed i see the stone building shit all over again. there going to lose alot of players again. island in j4 is going to be up for claiming i cant make the gold to keep it now. Thanks alot Atlas.

Edited by Raging_lunatic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

So I see their communication across platforms is still not even. I wonder whatever happened to the claims I was given months ago that all information would be available across all official sites, yet here is someone asking a question on the official forums and you have to send them to discord, because apparently they didn't bother to also respond here.  Because the official forums are STILL the red headed step child. Catering once again to the kids, not to people a little older who actually have their own money. Smart move GrapeCard™ Yet another one.

Yup, not regretting my decision to walk away from this game. I gave them every chance, but it sure looks like it's going nowhere fast.

I think they are learning to code, and it's really difficult to code, you know?

As has been reported, high level maps are still impossible.   I tried for hours doing a level 18 map.  I have a great bear 1300 health and nearly 200 melee.  First time I nearly succeeded.  Just 3 Warriors were left.  These then went into the ground and respawned at full health.  I needed to gain health and so I moved around a bit to safety to refresh.  Killing those last 3 Warriors took quite a while as they would wait until they were low health, turn around and despawn only to respawn at full health again.  I never moved far from the dig spot throughout the whole process and I never died once.  I had the map equipped the whole time.  Eventually I killed them all, only to go and try to dig the treasure and then the whole hoard of AotDs spawned again!  As I was not expecting this, I had to flee, and now I have something like 30 Level 76 AotD's to try and clear up if I want to have another go at doing this map.  This will waste more hours. 

What is with this crap?  Although I hate the extra resistence the AotDs got, we can get by with this if they simply stopped despawning and respawning at full health.  They do it so damned fast too.  Every 30 seconds they keep doing this crap.  If they must despawn, why not make them respawn at the health they had when they were despawned?

Also when you've given up on doing a hard map, why must these AotD's hang around for days and days?  This is the time for them to despawn and not come back.

Proposed changes:

* Return AotDs to their former resistance level (No need to do anything else)

If Not the above:

* Stop the AotD's from ever despawning at all

* If despawning the AotD's is a must do mechanic, have them respawn at the health they had prior to despawning,

* Once all the AotD's are actually killed, no matter how long it takes to do it, or how far you had to move from the dig spot to kill them off, you should always be able to go and dig that treasure without a new batch respawning.  Perhaps the proviso being you have to had the map equiped the whole time.  Although if you die and then get the map re-equiped, you really should be able to still dig the treasure once all of the AotDs for that treasure map are dead.

* The only time we want the AotDs to despawn is when you've given up on the map and left.  Maybe the timer for them to despawn for good needs to be set to an hour.  The thing is, if  some of the older AotD's are hanging around from your previous attempt, after a fairly short period of time, you can still go to the map spot and a fresh batch with now respawn.  So theoretically you could fill an island with many batches of high level AotDs that never despawn for days.  YAAY.  Lets turn all islands into the Golden Age Ruins!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did a 21.3 map solo with my crab. Crab got down to half health and I used heal, twice. Got hairy, of course, the crab got stuck on top of them. But, was able to crawl backwards and whack the warriors. Slow going and got my adrenaline up for a change.

I'm not opposed to how it is now, a lil risk and danger for a change. 

45 minutes ago, 8ball said:

I'm not opposed to how it is now, a lil risk and danger for a change. 

The problem is that it's creating a very specific meta. Basically 'Crabs or bust'. We have a whole arsenal of weapons and potential strategies we COULD employ, but the devs seem hell bent on making sure we don't use them; any of the other myriad tames, besides crabs, firearms, crude ballistics like bows, melee weapons, incendiaries, artillery, mounted guns etc.

I don't know why a developer would try and straightjacket the player's playstyle and options to such an extreme degree.

On 2/10/2020 at 5:15 AM, EatEmAlive said:

As I was not expecting this, I had to flee, and now I have something like 30 Level 76 AotD's to try and clear up if I want to have another go at doing this map.  This will waste more hours. 

Yeah, it's always been this way, if you take a really long time to pop open the chest, ALL the enemies respawn. Had this happen the first time we did a map as dumb newbies - just the 3 of us with bows and spears foolishly tried open a low end map xD - we got them down eventually, but just as I went to stick the shovel in the ground a new wave of them popped up xD

Edited by RyuujinZERO

11 minutes ago, RyuujinZERO said:

The problem is that it's creating a very specific meta. Basically 'Crabs or bust'. We have a whole arsenal of weapons and potential strategies we COULD employ, but the devs seem hell bent on making sure we don't use them; any of the other myriad tames, besides crabs, firearms, crude ballistics like bows, melee weapons, incendiaries, artillery, mounted guns etc.

I don't know why a developer would try and straightjacket the player's playstyle and options to such an extreme degree.

Yeah, it's always been this way, if you take a really long time to pop open the chest, ALL the enemies respawn. Had this happen the first time we did a map as dumb newbies - just the 3 of us with bows and spears foolishly tried open a low end map xD - we got them down eventually, but just as I went to stick the shovel in the ground a new wave of them popped up xD

Exactly we pretty much have a arsenal of weapons but not allowed to use them. It seems every time a new "meta" for dealing with AoTD they come in and nerf it. 

Honestly i have no idea how to take on higher lvl maps now. My company has got a legendary map and we cant do it. We threw 5 bears at it first go failed. We just tried now with 10 bears and failed worst then before. As of this moment we dont have the means to get a crab as we havnt got submarine Bp yet. honestly i dont know what creature we can use at this time to do the maps. 

If anyone has a suggest in i am all ears. 

1 hour ago, RyuujinZERO said:

I disagree about crabs or bust.  I do think I could have done this with my high level bear.  Just have to change up tactics instead of just sitting there swiping away.  Also, while I think this would have been very, very, very iffy with a tiger, I do think tigers can do well on these maps.  Maybe better than bears with their mobility, just don't get yourself stuck against a rock, cliff or a couple trees.

5 hours ago, Blackbirdm3 said:

Exactly we pretty much have a arsenal of weapons but not allowed to use them. It seems every time a new "meta" for dealing with AoTD they come in and nerf it. 

Honestly i have no idea how to take on higher lvl maps now. My company has got a legendary map and we cant do it. We threw 5 bears at it first go failed. We just tried now with 10 bears and failed worst then before. As of this moment we dont have the means to get a crab as we havnt got submarine Bp yet. honestly i dont know what creature we can use at this time to do the maps. 

If anyone has a suggest in i am all ears. 

Not the best of options, but given the sitaution you can do a couple things.

1. Wait on GS fixing the issue and risk the map spoiling.

2. Contact local land owners/megas.  Sell them the map at 2-5x gold listed on map.  I know lots of people willing to spend a good chunk of change on a legendary map.  Very rare occurrence. 

3. If you have a good relationship with any of them get them to join your company with crabs to kill the AoTD.  This way they get a good chunk of XP and toss them some other benefits as needed.

3 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Not the best of options, but given the sitaution you can do a couple things.

1. Wait on GS fixing the issue and risk the map spoiling.

2. Contact local land owners/megas.  Sell them the map at 2-5x gold listed on map.  I know lots of people willing to spend a good chunk of change on a legendary map.  Very rare occurrence. 

3. If you have a good relationship with any of them get them to join your company with crabs to kill the AoTD.  This way they get a good chunk of XP and toss them some other benefits as needed.

Is there any way i can tame a crab with out a submarine? Would i need a couple of crabs or only like one? Do the have to be high lvl crabs or is it just prefered if they are high lvls

9 minutes ago, Swordphobic said:

Is the mace not working against them?

Honestly never used it against them. I have used a mace before while doing alot of damage its attack was so slow but idk if you lvl that up it get better.

On 2/9/2020 at 6:48 PM, boomervoncannon said:

Hello, it was a real dev replying to a question. The comunity dummys dont even be on discord anymore.

16 hours ago, 8ball said:

I disagree about crabs or bust.  I do think I could have done this with my high level bear.  Just have to change up tactics instead of just sitting there swiping away.  Also, while I think this would have been very, very, very iffy with a tiger, I do think tigers can do well on these maps.  Maybe better than bears with their mobility, just don't get yourself stuck against a rock, cliff or a couple trees. 

THIS.
Crabs dont help with dmg. Its more about dmg now. And bc fights are longer, you need to activly avoid beeing hit yourself.
Tigers mobility is great for that, also the bleed does its part.
i do maps with tiger (800hp 230 dmg selfimprint), i even do double spawns.
20200211230423_1.jpg
But i prepare, i wear high armor plate armor, i have alcohol buff, 250hp and never the less a high level monkey. My tiger gets dmg reduction from alcohol too.
In good terrain, the hp loss is next to nothing bc the incoming dmg can be avoided.
This was me after i cleard a 30.4 map (like 119 worrior) in bad terrain.
20200211183423_1.jpg

Keep in mind when using a tiger, you will most likely die befor him!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kummba said:

Hello, it was a real dev replying to a question. The comunity dummys dont even be on discord anymore.

THIS.
Crabs dont help with dmg. Its more about dmg now. And bc fights are longer, you need to activly avoid beeing hit yourself.
Tigers mobility is great for that, also the bleed does its part.
i do maps with tiger (800hp 230 dmg selfimprint), i even do double spawns.
20200211230423_1.jpg
But i prepare, i wear high armor plate armor, i have alcohol buff, 250hp and never the less a high level monkey. My tiger gets dmg reduction from alcohol too.
In good terrain, the hp loss is next to nothing bc the incoming dmg can be avoided.
This was me after i cleard a 30.4 map (like 119 worrior) in bad terrain.
20200211183423_1.jpg

Keep in mind when using a tiger, you will most likely die befor him!

Oh my! I thought they took the alchohol buff away from tames. Excellent to hear it works still. 

Yes, I didn't add about armor and a monkey. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edited to add. Once the map was down to 1 warrior, on my tiger, I just simply backpedaled when he swung, stepped forward, a couple swipes, repeat.

Edited by 8ball

The increased dmg for alcohol is gone, it might even reduce outgoing dmg (abit). The alcohol is about reducing incoming dmg.
Later i lost my tiger and monkey, bc i crashed while spawning a map. I have same more tigers on my ship, so i continued.

Now i have to say, the most improtant is the Monkey!
The Hp reggen is so strong.

• Like 1