Zhoutai

Maps difficulty been increased

Just tried to do a map with lvl 20 AOTD and nearly lost my bear, never used to been an issue, did I miss something on the patch notes? 

They reduced the bears damage to AOTD with around 60-70%. 

It’s actually insane how incompetent they are. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Well this will be interesting, wonder if they changed any of the other animals vs AOTD, bears aren't a great choice now, not like you can use guns or arrows either, my pistol was 4 dmg and arrow about 11

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

LOL JUST LOL

you know this game has like 5000 more important problems but NO we have to nerf bears ASAP!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sau said:

LOL JUST LOL

you know this game has like 5000 more important problems but NO we have to nerf bears ASAP!

Bears? All animals. They nerfed them all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

you said bears? not animals

The damage of animals vs AOTD has been decreased by 66% but not only that - you take way more damage. 

A masterwork warrior usually deals around 60-70 damage per hit. Right now, a common warrior of level 22 deals 60 damage to tames and players.

Good job Grapeshot, you manage to screw up the only thing nobody was complaining about. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 3

Bashing down groups of AotD on a bear never really felt very satisfying; like 90% of combat in ARK/ATLAS type games really, it's a little too rooted in smooshing your face into something else til one of you fall over.

But you gotta provide an alternative, you can't just take away all the options for doing the content. Fundamentally the problem is rooted in the AotD just being too beefy and dangerous to take on on foot, and animals being really good at hitting multiple targets at once

What they COULD have done, is if they don't want the AotD done with pets, they could give them a 'fear aura' that spooks pets, and then nerf the actual AotD a bunch so players on foot have a decent chance of heroicly swashbuckling the encounter. Afterall, they have total control over how beefy the AotD are, they could nerf them to make them winnable on foot, they could even make it so low end maps literally just spawn 1 soldier, and you swashbuckle them for the loot using their parry/fight system nobody every uses

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1

Not only this but how on earth could you kill them even slowly when they continually despawn every 20 seconds and respawn at full health?  I just lost 2 good bears.   I isolated one warrior of the damned, thinking this would make it safe to try and take them down one at a time.  The single level 76 warrior of the damned did 192 damage in one swing and the rest is history.

Absolute stupid update.  High level maps are are now literally impossible to do unless you have a team of at least 3 players all on high level bears, and even then it is a risk.

Edited by EatEmAlive
  • Like 1

Hey I have a great idea, let’s have the ability to use guns against the AOD. I know it sounds crazy to use the weapons in the game to fight with but I’m an outside the box thinker. What if we could ‘plan’ a ‘strategy’ against the AI that doesn’t involve bear paw slapping. Too much to ask for? At least I know where my body is while I’m sleeping. 😴

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

Hey I have a great idea, let’s have the ability to use guns against the AOD. I know it sounds crazy to use the weapons in the game to fight with but I’m an outside the box thinker. What if we could ‘plan’ a ‘strategy’ against the AI that doesn’t involve bear paw slapping. Too much to ask for? At least I know where my body is while I’m sleeping. 😴

And lets also not have them constantly despawn every 30 seconds and respawn at full health. Or perhaps if they despawn, they still respawn with whatever damage they had.

Edited by EatEmAlive
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zhoutai said:

Yeah I don't get the despawn thing, why do they do that?? 

I think it's to stop people cheesing them with ranged weapons. My observation is that they bury themselves if they don't get a hit in within a certain timeframe, similar to how animals will try run away and reposition. This can happen in melee because stuff like bears cause knock-back, which prevents them getting off any successful attacks.

If you let them get a hit in now and then they don't seem to retreat

Edited by RyuujinZERO

20 minutes ago, Yellowbeard said:

Guess the value of gold will be increasing.

Less maps being popped also means less gold taxes for land-owners, so the effective cost-per-day will rise for them, while on the flipside, the largest single faucet of gold (High end maps) are basically off the table entirely.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of land claims come back on the market soon if they don't revert this change. Also a bad time to be a whale 😉

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1

Something tells me they tried to fix the biggest faucet of gold which is farming AOTD in gold age servers and broke the maps while doing so... 

I'm still new to atlas and tamed a bear just to do maps, almost lost her yesterday to a level 15 warrior of the damned. this has discouraged me from doing the maps. now i just have a new raft built and I look around for the "sunken treasure". its not as fun as finding a map and killing the enemies that spawn, but its enough gold to keep the crew.

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, ZmANz321321 said:

I'm still new to atlas and tamed a bear just to do maps, almost lost her yesterday to a level 15 warrior of the damned. this has discouraged me from doing the maps. now i just have a new raft built and I look around for the "sunken treasure". its not as fun as finding a map and killing the enemies that spawn, but its enough gold to keep the crew.

If you use a sextant, it shows nearby sunken treasures, all you need then is a sloop with a diving atachment, plenty of oil to sustain you while you dive and a lantern to see anything in the depths. 

I'm going to see if my old technique of using full plate mail, alcohol and a big mace still works for treasure maps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Devs already said that this wasn’t intended. We just gotta wait till it’s fixed and maybe we’ll get a 2x gold bonus for the week. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Devs already said that this wasn’t intended. We just gotta wait till it’s fixed and maybe we’ll get a 2x gold bonus for the week. 

hopefully on the 2x gold. I need it, lol

9 minutes ago, Percieval said:

do you have a link to said statement?

1 hour ago, Dauthiatull said:

do you have a link to said statement?

Evza said it on discord, look it up yourself.