Jump to content

Grapeshot Games

Latest Patch (v404.5)

Recommended Posts

Great another patch when will you guys start fix some of the countless bugs that there are in to single player.


it seems a bit like you guys don't care to fix all the bugs in the game and instead of adding things to the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ardwolf said:

Great another patch when will you guys start fix some of the countless bugs that there are in to single player.


it seems a bit like you guys don't care to fix all the bugs in the game and instead of adding things to the game.

Not sure if you've played an Early Access game, but that is kind of what it is all about. Adding features, not fixing bugs. If you don't like to play a game with so many bugs, pick one not in Early Access. They do fix some, and this latest patch had some bug fixes, but that is not the main focus.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, wildbill said:

Not sure if you've played an Early Access game, but that is kind of what it is all about. Adding features, not fixing bugs. If you don't like to play a game with so many bugs, pick one not in Early Access. They do fix some, and this latest patch had some bug fixes, but that is not the main focus.

Phase 1 of Atlas road map = BUG FIXES, QoL changes, performance issues.

Hmm...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is no different than Ark. You can expect them to release paid DLC before they fix outstanding memory leaks and game-breaking bugs.

Edited by Trimbo Slice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tired of the constant broken patches after a year im done later guys we all signed up for a paid beta but this shits just painfull

Edited by Luxfere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You hear the same things from the majority of people and they are right, the game is on the road to nowhere and bringing in 1 extra dev won't change that I'm afraid.

I've been playing a year also and gave it up recently, favoured towards the large companies and to hell with the rest of us. I've got back into No Mans Sky, they should take a leaf out of their book.

Atlas is dead unfortunately, the majority left a long time ago, i've had my fun with it though but it's all over now for Atlas. At least New World is just a few months away, more numbers to abandon Atlas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, wildbill said:

Not sure if you've played an Early Access game, but that is kind of what it is all about. Adding features, not fixing bugs. If you don't like to play a game with so many bugs, pick one not in Early Access. They do fix some, and this latest patch had some bug fixes, but that is not the main focus.

Get your nose out of the Dev's arse man, seriously!

If you've been playing this since the launch of the EA and had paid for this hunk of junk, you'd be equally as disappointed in the meager updates and overall direction that the Dev's have been taking this piece of poop to. It started out a horrible mess and has never really improved from there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it so difficult to spot discoveries with the spyglass now??? The blue haze is almost impossible to see and we are unable to find the them. I understand making things a challenge, but not an impossibility. please fix this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the big issues get taken care of soon. I am getting tired of blindly running into game ending bugs which either make me start over or contemplate just uninstalling.

-First time around was me getting use to the controls, layout, and just messing around. I built a ramshackle and set out to figure out the sailing controls and do a little exploring. That's when I ran into the ladder bug. Couldn't climb into the boat, got eaten by a shark. Didn't have a bed, as I was just starting out,.So that was a waste, but a learning experience about the fast travel system and all that.

- Second time was me figuring put how to climb mountains and all that. Accidentally fell to my death, but no big deal as I hadn't gone anywhere from my spawn point. I go to get my dropped items and it seems as my body is in a crevasse. Shimmy my way down to get my stuff, and lo and behold I get stuck and cant move. It seems like it is registering me as falling so I can't move, regardless of the fact my body is going literally nowhere. Logging out and back in just puts me back in the Bermuda Triangle of rock formations, have to create a new explorer and start fresh.

-Third time is similar to the last one. My boat was sunk and I tried getting to a near by island. Didn't quite make it and it sunk right on the shallow waters. That's alright, because I can just make a bed and fast travel back. Except some how during the sinking process I turn into goo and melt through the deck and get stuck between the sea floor and my now sunken ship, and yet I'm not drowning so I cant respawn. Same thing as before logging out and back in just puts me back as the live hood ornament of a sunk ship.

- This last time happened just today. Build my own ship and was exploring around with a few NPCs on the sails and as back up just in case. Ive got my tamed War Pig on board and my first mate monkey Captain Winky on my shoulder. Somehow I am cooking from the inside from the heat, while sailing on the Ocean and plenty of water barrels on board. Going under the deck does nothing, despite the fact all our food is down there and its not having any issues with the heat. So i try putting on my diving suit and go underwater to hopefully cool down and not get ripped to shreds by sharks.That doesnt work either, because apparently the heat is being sucked into my suit and turned it into an oven. Only choice is to take my chances with the sharks. Well you can guess how that went. When i went to respawn, it put me back on one of the islands and not my ship which has a bad for this reason. Look at the map to fast travel and its gone. Nothing on the map, restart and still not there. This one got me to just sit for about 10 minutes in silence in utter disbelief and a fair amount of despair on the notion of having to start over for the third time.

I have gone looking to see if similar things have happened to others each time one of these happened. I know this is in alpha and things are still being worked on, but most of these things I have come across have been going on for over a year. Ive seen posts about disappearing ships from late 2018 and the ladder thing seems to have always been around. Ever since Black Flag lots of people have been wanting this exact game and probably longer really. Sea of Thieves is fine and fun to play with buddies. I think the graphics are great and I havent had many issues with bugs, but at least for me, it gets repetitive. Cosmetic only upgrades, not much difference in quests, max crew of four, etc. dont put it over the top for me. This game, for me, has almost everything you could want from a open world pirate game. Off the top of my head I cant think of what else I would want added. For NPCs to be able to spawn into your buildings in Single Player and at least be able to create you own little town would be great, but I am perfectly fine without that as well. That being said, I agree with someones comment before along the lines of if these major issues are not a priority and are not going to be addressed, then just scrap the thing. I know this stuff takes a lot of work, but Im sure most players would rather have the game freezing/crashing, ship disappearing, ghost ladder issues dealt with rather than hard caps, stat tweeks, spawn rates and things like that. If you arent going to address those, then stop dangling the carrot of big updates/fixes,getting peoples hopes up, and taking peoples money and just shut it down.

Sorry for the long post, I really am the worst pirate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, theworstpirate said:

I hope the big issues get taken care of soon. I am getting tired of blindly running into game ending bugs which either make me start over or contemplate just uninstalling.

-First time around was me getting use to the controls, layout, and just messing around. I built a ramshackle and set out to figure out the sailing controls and do a little exploring. That's when I ran into the ladder bug. Couldn't climb into the boat, got eaten by a shark. Didn't have a bed, as I was just starting out,.So that was a waste, but a learning experience about the fast travel system and all that.

- Second time was me figuring put how to climb mountains and all that. Accidentally fell to my death, but no big deal as I hadn't gone anywhere from my spawn point. I go to get my dropped items and it seems as my body is in a crevasse. Shimmy my way down to get my stuff, and lo and behold I get stuck and cant move. It seems like it is registering me as falling so I can't move, regardless of the fact my body is going literally nowhere. Logging out and back in just puts me back in the Bermuda Triangle of rock formations, have to create a new explorer and start fresh.

-Third time is similar to the last one. My boat was sunk and I tried getting to a near by island. Didn't quite make it and it sunk right on the shallow waters. That's alright, because I can just make a bed and fast travel back. Except some how during the sinking process I turn into goo and melt through the deck and get stuck between the sea floor and my now sunken ship, and yet I'm not drowning so I cant respawn. Same thing as before logging out and back in just puts me back as the live hood ornament of a sunk ship.

- This last time happened just today. Build my own ship and was exploring around with a few NPCs on the sails and as back up just in case. Ive got my tamed War Pig on board and my first mate monkey Captain Winky on my shoulder. Somehow I am cooking from the inside from the heat, while sailing on the Ocean and plenty of water barrels on board. Going under the deck does nothing, despite the fact all our food is down there and its not having any issues with the heat. So i try putting on my diving suit and go underwater to hopefully cool down and not get ripped to shreds by sharks.That doesnt work either, because apparently the heat is being sucked into my suit and turned it into an oven. Only choice is to take my chances with the sharks. Well you can guess how that went. When i went to respawn, it put me back on one of the islands and not my ship which has a bad for this reason. Look at the map to fast travel and its gone. Nothing on the map, restart and still not there. This one got me to just sit for about 10 minutes in silence in utter disbelief and a fair amount of despair on the notion of having to start over for the third time.

I have gone looking to see if similar things have happened to others each time one of these happened. I know this is in alpha and things are still being worked on, but most of these things I have come across have been going on for over a year. Ive seen posts about disappearing ships from late 2018 and the ladder thing seems to have always been around. Ever since Black Flag lots of people have been wanting this exact game and probably longer really. Sea of Thieves is fine and fun to play with buddies. I think the graphics are great and I havent had many issues with bugs, but at least for me, it gets repetitive. Cosmetic only upgrades, not much difference in quests, max crew of four, etc. dont put it over the top for me. This game, for me, has almost everything you could want from a open world pirate game. Off the top of my head I cant think of what else I would want added. For NPCs to be able to spawn into your buildings in Single Player and at least be able to create you own little town would be great, but I am perfectly fine without that as well. That being said, I agree with someones comment before along the lines of if these major issues are not a priority and are not going to be addressed, then just scrap the thing. I know this stuff takes a lot of work, but Im sure most players would rather have the game freezing/crashing, ship disappearing, ghost ladder issues dealt with rather than hard caps, stat tweeks, spawn rates and things like that. If you arent going to address those, then stop dangling the carrot of big updates/fixes,getting peoples hopes up, and taking peoples money and just shut it down.

Sorry for the long post, I really am the worst pirate...

Your experience is not so different from many first time players of Atlas. The game has a very steep learning curve. Most of the things you encountered are easy to avoid. I always make sure I have a bed made first thing and place it on my first ship. Never ever not make that bed as soon as possible. You don't know that of course until you learn it the hard way. Atlas is a bit cruel that way. Also as soon as possible, you make a climbing tool, like a grappling hook. That hook can get you out of the crevice and also back on your boat if the ladder fails to work. The ladder seems to fail when you park in shallow water, but not the most shallow the ship will go in. Just a certain depth messes it up. I don't actually see these as major issues once you learn how to deal with them, but they do seem that way to a new player.

The game is meant to be hard core, and many like that. I don't personally so to make it not hard core I play with mods and on boosted unofficial servers. That is one option for those that don't like how hard core the game is with vanilla settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×