ATLAS

Latest Patch (v404.5)

20 minutes ago, hartsia said:

but srsly i just think this is a  bug

not intended

I hope you are right since it was not even mentioned in patch notes its not unlikely.

How the hell can you nerf only NEW handling sails.

How the hell can you join a server, grind for hours for a myth blueprint, hours for resources and mythos, and then you're half speed compared to any other boat before the update ? You completly messed up unofficial boosted servers. Those who already have a 200 accel handling sail are kings, because new players who want to join can only get up to 125.

How can this make sense to anyone ? You guys have no brain. Game was slowing dying and you're just making it die faster.

Sell the game to an actually competent team who actually wants to develop the game. Just in my crew you lost 10 active players with this crap.

• Like 2

What in tarnation did you do to Army of the Damned resistance and our treasure bears?! The patchnotes don't indicate any changes to those!

3 minutes ago, Habitman said:

What in tarnation did you do to Army of the Damned resistance and our treasure bears?! The patchnotes don't indicate any changes to those!

Im really hoping this is a bug, my cousin and i got smoked on our level 80 bears last night on a quality 20 map. Its just us in our company so if this was intended we really wont be able to do any of those types of maps and in all honesty just move on to a different game.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Driven Madders said:

For someone that is "signing off" You sure are letting a game in ALPHA get to you... Maybe you should play games that are already done. Go back to the Super Nintendo games perhaps?

Yes, I AM letting a game in ALPHA get to me. I absolutely love Atlas and the original vision that Grapeshot/Wildcard set for it.

There are at least 1000 things in the game that I can name that need work or could use improvement/adjustment. That's not what I'm upset about. It's the lack of effort and communication that is unforgivable, because there is no valid reason for it. It would take one Grapeshot employee (Dollie is the designated PR lady, I think?) no more than an hour each week to give us a quick shout out on all their social media platforms and let us know that they are on the grind improving this game.

As for the lack of effort, put yourself in a theoretical leadership role over at Studio Wildcard. You're the boss and project manager. Jimbo, your only employee down at the Grapeshot department has been working on Atlas for a month and a half. You pay him, I don't know, 50k a year for his services. In 6 weeks' time, you've shelled out $5,700. He reports back to you that he's fixed 3 of the smaller bugs in-game, moved some loot tables around and input different figures on 10-20 items. And, oh yeah, he accidentally fudged the numbers to the Army of the Damned. Also, when Jimbo lowered the level cap to even out the odds for new players to the PvP servers, he couldn't foresee that there would be a cause and effect on the Discovery Points needed to get to those higher levels, effectively not solving the problem at all.

So, boss, what do you do? Is JImbo's work worth 6k? Do you continue to employ him?

Now remember that in real life it isn't just Jimbo. It's an entire team of programmers that probably average more than 50k a year. If I was the boss and this update is what my investment paid for, I'd clean house. They'd all be fired and replaced by people that could get things done.

The only reason that isn't happening in real life is because of the only scenario that makes sense: Wildcard has been redirecting Grapeshot's time and energy into working on ARK instead of Atlas.

Again, I'm not upset about no new content, no major changes to gameplay and so on. Those issues aren't supposed to be addressed until later. We are on Phase 1 in the road map: bug fixes, QoL changes and performance issues. Almost nothing out of these 3 categories was improved upon in the time since the last "patch". Which sends the signal to anyone paying attention that Atlas has been put on the back burner.

That, friendo, is why some of us are pissed off.

• Like 4

I was just trying to get back into Atlas and this update pops up and makes me not really want to bother..I got a couple levels taken away and capped down to 52 again.. And only because they dropped max cap down, a half decent programmer could do that without screwing all the lower level people. I already hated how they capped levels to exploration and was just finally almost able to unlock crew silos..so they wouldn't mutiny if I didn't play for a day, which its horrible to have to sail without any crew to a freeport to get more every time they do. Apparently they nerfed sails and animal damages too?? I was excited to see the fixed blueprint drops until I got effected by all this other stuff that makes playing the game not worth the stress.

• Like 1

Hey Grapeshot, why can't I log into my game?? Private Server, gets stuck at Snapshot16 screen it goes black and sends me back to desktop??

I have restarted Steam, pc, verified files too. When I search for avail server mine is not showing under unoffical?? can anyone let me know what is going on??

2 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

new world comes out soon and we can all move one.

Surprised im not hearing more buzz for last oasis too.   They stated their design philosophy was "focus on fixing the shitty parts of ark"

Nerfing Handling Sails because Speed Sails are broken.  Sounds like a great way of not fixing the same problem.   All the other changes to the loot table,  all just stuff a low level intern could make.  The no effort patch.   What was the budget 1.2 man hours?

On 2/7/2020 at 7:38 PM, Bobothewizard said:

Im really hoping this is a bug, my cousin and i got smoked on our level 80 bears last night on a quality 20 map. Its just us in our company so if this was intended we really wont be able to do any of those types of maps and in all honesty just move on to a different game.

I just came across a group of Army of the damned level 65 in a large group on an island beach... one of them fired an arrow at me and my 92 high spec bear on neutral just went in and died in under 5 seconds, if this is not reversed Im also done with the game permanent. Will just head back to Ark.

20 minutes ago, Monomania said:

I just came across a group of Army of the damned level 65 in a large group on an island beach... one of them fired an arrow at me and my 92 high spec bear on neutral just went in and died in under 5 seconds, if this is not reversed Im also done with the game permanent. Will just head back to Ark.

They've been told about it in discord.  Since then,  they announced that they're desperately working on a fix for puckle ammo boxes needing to be replaced before the guns pull from them.   So it's either intentional or not really a priority compared to a minor inconvenience

• Sad 2

On 2/8/2020 at 9:57 AM, George Catcher said:

Game moves to "more efforts less rewards" state : ))

exactly, no reason to play again with this patch, and the new bugs.

rly sad for the game right now.

no motivation at all.

i guess i stop waiting and move on aswell.

Oddly enough for some reason before this patch I had enough discoveries to continue leveling to 54, after this patch I have more discoveries than required based on the wiki page, yet it says I need more discoveries to continue leveling. I'm trying to understand what happened and if the amount of discoveries needed increased, and if so can please get an update to the wiki for this? I was almost halfway to level 54 before this patch, now I need more discoveries to continue to level to 54, I'm confused AF.

Would be nice to have a bit of an explanation of some of the changes made. I looked at what they did to the loot and I think it is an improvement, but without knowing what the loot tables are in total, not 100% sure:

They removed from treasure chests: Stone Pick, Torch, Scissors, Tier 2 Saddle, Tier 2 Saddle Carriage, Tier 2 Cargo Saddle, Fishing Rod, Fishing Net, Stone Pick, Stone Hatchet, Throwing Knife.

All crap stuff, except maybe the saddles and fishing rod, but that added some good stuff: Medium Wood Plank, Medium Wood Gunport, Cannon, Medium Wood Deck.

From floatsam and sunken treasure chests they removed the thatch building pieces that no one wants and added some ship pieces that people do want.

The items added to the sunken treasure chests: Medium Wood Deck, Large Wood Deck, Medium Wood Gunport, Large Wood Gunport, Cannon, Large Cannon, Puckle, Catapult, Dinghy Ship Hangar, Ship Resources Box, Food Larder, Diving Attachment, Ship Cargo Rack.

They removed some items from SotD Schooner, but most were added to the sunken treasure chests except: Small Wood Deck, Small Wood Plank, Ship Ammunition Container, Puckle Bullet, Boulder.

Similar to the other SotD. They added the wood ceiling, which maybe you could only get from sunken treasure chest before?

This just looks like they balanced stuff a bit. They want you doing more sunken treasure chests, and a bit less SotD maybe?

Been playing over a year now PVE and me and my wife decided after this last patch we are  sailing off in sunset bye Atlas

All loot tables now have a chance to drop an already-crafted version of an item rather than just the blueprint.

This is very useful! Finally, you can got something really valueable, and not just blueprints. Very nice! Very good change. Now i have at least one reason to check those treasure chests. Thank you developers) Hope you'll add even more rewards on doing pirate things, and exploration.

Glad they at least fixed the treasure maps now maintaining an island is doable again, love the game but it needs more content. I also wish they could drop the Pirate theme, and instead rename the game to "Atlas 20000 leagues under the sea" and make it a Jules Verne universe based game. It already has some heavily Jules Verne inspired mechanics and items so why not go all the way.

2 hours ago, Elliot Fox said:

All loot tables now have a chance to drop an already-crafted version of an item rather than just the blueprint.

This is very useful! Finally, you can got something really valueable, and not just blueprints. Very nice! Very good change. Now i have at least one reason to check those treasure chests. Thank you developers) Hope you'll add even more rewards on doing pirate things, and exploration.

Ya, pretty cool. I've gotten a few of these items already, some of them are good, but like all random loot, you will get duplicates and I've gotten those too. I now need to figure out where to put all these extra items :classic_biggrin:

I'm so glad to see the thatch removed from the loot tables. I can't think of anyone that wanted those.

Edited by wildbill

5 hours ago, George Catcher said:

Are there some amount of crafted stuff in a loot, or just a single pieces of each item?

I don't think I've gotten more than one actual item at a time. 

• Thanks 1