ATLAS

Latest Patch (v404.5)

1 hour ago, Archsenex said:

Afraid I disagree.  Nerf to handling sails and an increase in explores to level vastly outweigh some minor loot table tweaks.

i concede, devs are still retarded

Changed some ini files, neat.

Things that need to be fixed asap:

• Re-spawn green screen loop
  • Ladders, seriously, what's up with ladders.
  • Bear cargo saddle, OMG the number of problems this creates.
  • Performance, oh dear lord performance. Kraken especially, power point slideshow.

Come on devies, get off that ARK ship and get on the ATLAS ship.

• Like 1

We did a level 24.2 treasure map just before the update and, due to the roll back, had to do it again after the update.

To achieve this map, we used 4 high level bears with an average damage of 220-230. We killed the army of the damned very easily.

When we did it again after the update, damage inflicted by our bears were of 20-23 without Nature's Fury while the Damned could inflict 549 damage point to naked players and bears. So, at the end, most of the peatons died and one bear too. Sad, very sad.

Such changes in damage system should have been mentionned in the update info.

Moreover the number of discoveries to gain one max level has dramatically changed. Why didn't set the max level to 120 without any other change, just like ships are limited to 52?

Edited by Bourgui
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So have small planks and decks been removed from the loot table completely then?  I see them removed, but not added elsewhere (like the medium and large)

10 minutes ago, Bourgui said:

We did a level 24.2 treasure map just before the update and, due to the roll back, had to do it again after the update.

To achieve this map, we used 4 high level bears with an average damage of 220-230. We killed the army of the damned very easily.

When we did it again after the update, damage inflicted by our bears were of 20-23 without Nature's Fury while the Damned could inflict 549 damage point to naked players and bears. So, at the end, most of the peatons died and one bear too. Sad, very sad.

Such changes in damage system should have been mentionned in the update info.

Yikes

I run a 3x3 unofficial dedicated grid. My Console players have been reporting their inability to use the server-search menu since the release of this patch.  I ran the update on my console and this was in fact the case.  This patch is unwanted and has broken your game. I suggest recalling the update and testing it before applying it.  There are currently players active on my grid that have broken our server rules and because of this update cannot get an active admin online to deal with the situation.   So if you could figure it out quickly that would be fantastic.

Wow. Just wow.

This patch must have taken one guy one lunch break to finish. Hell, if you gave me a month, I could have done this update. And that includes the time I would need to learn how to fix 3 bugs.

As someone who really, really loves this game, I am beyond disappointed. This is just pathetic.

I've learned by now that no one from Grapeshot ever reads these posts, but just in case one of you accidentally clicks on the wrong tab... If this is the level of effort that your team is going to put into Atlas, just pack it up and move on. Work on developing a game that you're actually interested in making great. Changing a couple of math digits and shuffling loot tables around is not an update and does not require even one skilled programmer a month and a half.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Aquagoth said:

Wow. Just wow.

This patch must have taken one guy one lunch break to finish. Hell, if you gave me a month, I could have done this update. And that includes the time I would need to learn how to fix 3 bugs.

As someone who really, really loves this game, I am beyond disappointed. This is just pathetic.

I've learned by now that no one from Grapeshot ever reads these posts, but just in case one of you accidentally clicks on the wrong tab... If this is the level of effort that your team is going to put into Atlas, just pack it up and move on. Work on developing a game that you're actually interested in making great. Changing a couple of math digits and shuffling loot tables around is not an update and does not require even one skilled programmer a month and a half.

The 1-hour-later update:

Bad News: Well, you guys have seriously taken the wind out of these sails. My only hope for this patch was that you would implement the location discoveries in singleplayer like you have in pvp/pve. Instead, I try booting up Atlas only to find my character now only has enough discovery points for lvl 55 instead of (almost) lvl 58. And, oh yeah, discoveries still not working. Again, I'm not a programmer, but it can't be a difficult fix. You already have it working in online play.

Good News: ARK really looks great. Seems like you guys actually put effort into that project. I think I'll play that instead.

More Bad News: Since I couldn't be a proper pirate in the world of Atlas, I decided I'll try my hand at real life pirating. I can't in good conscience give more money to the same company that is willing to do these kinds of shenanigans to its player base.

This "update" was touted as a "major update" (as per your Twitter announcement). So major that you needed another week to put the finishing touches to it. Hey, not a problem. I understand that things don't always run according to schedule. I'll wait patiently. But if you're going to stand behind this as your major update and pretend like you are actively trying to polish this amazing idea you had... nope. You don't communicate with us, give us updates on development, respond to tickets, reply to forum/Facebook/Twitter posts, take our feedback into consideration or act on common bugs that we report to you.

Look, if the Atlas project isn't profitable for you, then can it. Why waste your time and money developing something half-heartedly?

P.S. Atlas has literally become my favorite game of all-time in an incredibly short period of time. More than Halo, Starcraft, Mass Effect and a slew of other games dating back to Super Nintendo. But after seeing this... I think I'm done.

Signing off

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

👔
3 hours ago, Aquagoth said:

The 1-hour-later update:

Bad News: Well, you guys have seriously taken the wind out of these sails. My only hope for this patch was that you would implement the location discoveries in singleplayer like you have in pvp/pve. Instead, I try booting up Atlas only to find my character now only has enough discovery points for lvl 55 instead of (almost) lvl 58. And, oh yeah, discoveries still not working. Again, I'm not a programmer, but it can't be a difficult fix. You already have it working in online play.

Good News: ARK really looks great. Seems like you guys actually put effort into that project. I think I'll play that instead.

More Bad News: Since I couldn't be a proper pirate in the world of Atlas, I decided I'll try my hand at real life pirating. I can't in good conscience give more money to the same company that is willing to do these kinds of shenanigans to its player base.

This "update" was touted as a "major update" (as per your Twitter announcement). So major that you needed another week to put the finishing touches to it. Hey, not a problem. I understand that things don't always run according to schedule. I'll wait patiently. But if you're going to stand behind this as your major update and pretend like you are actively trying to polish this amazing idea you had... nope. You don't communicate with us, give us updates on development, respond to tickets, reply to forum/Facebook/Twitter posts, take our feedback into consideration or act on common bugs that we report to you.

Look, if the Atlas project isn't profitable for you, then can it. Why waste your time and money developing something half-heartedly?

P.S. Atlas has literally become my favorite game of all-time in an incredibly short period of time. More than Halo, Starcraft, Mass Effect and a slew of other games dating back to Super Nintendo. But after seeing this... I think I'm done.

Signing off

For someone that is "signing off" You sure are letting a game in ALPHA get to you... Maybe you should play games that are already done. Go back to the Super Nintendo games perhaps?

• Like 1

Since update I cant see any unofficial servers anyone have any idea when they will fix this problem like any info at all 

Since update I cant see any unofficial servers anyone have any idea when they will fix this problem like any info at all 

1 hour ago, Driven Madders said:

For someone that is "signing off" You sure are letting a game in ALPHA get to you... Maybe you should play games that are already done. Go back to the Super Nintendo games perhaps?

It's because of the ALPHA status that we expect alot more from the dev's, it's a game that is supposed to be in full-time development, with the size of the team apparently working on the project and the big milestones they have set out we should have gotten a BIG update to game performance, (phase 1(which should have been well on the way to being completed already)) but no, we got something an experienced developer could do in one week.  This is what people are complaining about.

Edited by JoeyKray

The new loot tables are nice and all I guess. But it’s been 3 months since the last patch, I was hoping for something more substantial then some value changes.

PvP is in such a shit state. Melee weapons are redundant when one guy with a shield can just chain stun you into a coma, all you can do is hope you have more hp then he’s got stamina and there’s no counter play outside using a shield yourself. 

Carbines and flintlocks are still plagued with hit detection issues, on a lot of grids the player model and the hit box of the player is in two separate locations. In season 2 we could somewhat tell were the hitbox was because your crosshair turned red when you were aiming at the hitbox, now it’s just complete guess work. PvP food vs guns is also just way to strong.

I really don’t see the point in buffing tame damage vs players as long as the swivel horse with grape straight up delete any players on the ground floor. Two flame swivels facing each other is the pinnacle of shit gameplay, to flame you need to have rear facing swivel so essentially its like two ships with backwards facing cannons trying to fight each other. Basically just devolves down to two horses running around in circles next to each other.

Many of the pvp companies and players have already left because the grenade nerf and swivel/puckle buff turned the entire east side of the map into a status quo for several months and the developers have just sat around like a bunch of clueless kids while its happened. I am really curious who is going to provide data for the pvp changes when or if you get to that phase on your roadmap. The fact that we have had this fucking shield stun bs in the game for over a year now just shows how long the pvp community have been ignored and neglected.

So we have one developer working on atlas, gone are:
li(v)e producer
a doll
the whole QA (team^^).

Did phase 1 started yet?

What was done in this patch (PVE view):
- maxlevel was reduced by tweaking one number, which lead to needing ~4000 DP for level 120. That was an increse by (99/69) ~43%. 5 hours later they have a workaround.
  Were was QA here?
- Some tames dmg vs play was buffed: Aotd gets more resistance, and deals more dmg. 6 hours after patch (5 hours after it got reported here) the dev did not know about.
- Items are removed from loottable: - but you get slightly less BPs now (my evil guess is: they still produced but deleted before moved to container 😞 )
- Intstead of being able to move with a ship while offline (or fixing any of spawn related bugs) they make sleepers visible to offload the problem to the captain?
- 10% attackrange, at least for tiger it is still not enough to facedmg an elephant.
plus:
rename ship, and at a high price!

But, where is the vision, where are we heading?

look at this, a razor self imprinted razor, normal hits 105, the level 22 warrior is hitting for up to 60!
https://gyazo.com/6c42dc81469eed84c99167078888e6b0

• Like 2

I would like to know what the "hidden" changes are... I am running a private Blackwood Server with some friends and we changed the Loottable for example the Sperm Whale to our needs. Now this doesnt work anymore, i guess because the way the Spermwhale loot is handled changed. But where can i read that?

Edited by mjra

Not as great a patch as i was hoping for but this will definitely spice things up until come real updates happen. Thank you GS, this was much needed. 

Those who dont like this patch obviously dont play this game much. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Those who dont like this patch obviously dont play this game much. 

I love doing treasure maps, but the stealth buff to AotD has kind've taken that off the table completely for me, so I can't say I like this patch, no. I like the loot table changes though that was a thing we've needed a long time. But literally nobody ever said "I don't think solo players, or non-fully-imprinted animals should be allowed to do treasure maps", and the loot table changes don't mean jack if you can't actually get the loot anymore.

It's also slightly insulting that the 3 month long 'content patch' just amounts to some .ini tweaks, regardless of how good or bad the changes are.

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 3

I think this is a mockery, they will laugh at us.

Having received the last profit from the consoles, the game was abandoned.
5 months have passed since the stream in August, none of the presented roadmap has been implemented.
ATLAS is dead. :skull:

i just dont understand why  they dont talk with us more and why include hidden updates, if they want remove  tames from treasure maps, then pkease add,grenade,flame arrows,explosives,guns,swords,puckels,swivel guns work on treasure maps

then we can get crewtive with map hubting, and please remove that they despawn

As a solo player, while I like the changes to the loot tables, the changes to player level, the aotd damage increase and hit to character level has taken the wind from my sails.  Now I have to find so many more discoveries jut to get back to the level I was and treasure hunting has been pretty much nuked for single player.  There really is no more reason to play. Base already built, have 2 of every type of ship.  Without a reason to leave my base, the game is pretty much worthless.

• Like 1

This patch literally ruined PVE, it has now made getting enough gold for stuff a massive grind. Any treasure map above 6 in quality is now dangerous and not worth doing unless you have 30 people you can bring along. 

This game just turned into a massive grind, might as well go back to doing Chores in Ark..