ATLAS

Latest Patch (v404.5)

Ahoy Pathfinders!

We’ll be releasing the latest game update later today around 14:00 PST/22:00 UTC. This update includes the aforementioned level cap reduction from 150 to 120. We previously announced that we’d be forcing a skill respec for all players with this change, but we will now only be forcing a respec for players who are currently past level 120.

We’re hard at work on the next update and as a reminder, 2x XP and harvesting rates are still enabled on our Official Network and will continue to stay boosted for the time being.

:anchor: Latest Patch Notes (v404.5) :anchor:

• Reduced max player character level cap from 150 to 120.
    • Forced a skill respec for all players past level 120.
  • Offline player character bodies on ships will now stay visible to other players on PvE servers and in freeports.
  • Fixed a bug where offline player characters would fall off ships when transitioning into a freeport grid.
  • Fixed a bug where holding a treasure map on Blackwood would crash the game.
  • Players can now purchase a one time use “Rename Ship Item” from the Cosmetics Vendor for 10k and use it to rename their ship.
  • The Equilibrium buff now properly shows the Stamina Recovery Rate in the Buff Stat Bonuses section of the character screen.
  • Experience points from defeating the Kraken and Snowman have been significantly increased:
    • 40,000 exp for normal mode.
    • 120,000 exp for hard mode.
  • Increased the spawn rate of high tier Ship of the Damned galleons.
  • Increased the damage of certain mount creatures toward players by 30%.
    • Effected creatures include Sheep, Bear, Bull, Horse, Ostrich, Pig, Wolf, Elephant, Giant Crab, Giant Tortugar, Giraffe, Lion, Olfend, Rhino, Tiger.
  • Increased the attack range of certain mount creatures by 10%.
    • Effected creatures include Sheep, Bear, Bull, Horse, Ostrich, Pig, Wolf, Elephant, Giant Crab, Giant Tortugar, Giraffe, Lion, Olfend, Rhino, Tiger.
  • Changed torpedo crafting cost to 28 metal ingots, 60 gunpowder, 40 blasting powder, and 100 mythos.
  • Torpedos are now fireable by NPCs from the helm/Lieutenant’s Podium (so long as that player has Torpedo Studies unlocked).
  • Reduced the travel time required before torpedo damage becomes active from 3.75 seconds to 2 seconds.
  • Increased grenade damage vs. puckles and swivels by 100%.
  • Increased grenade damage vs. structures by 170%.
  • Reduced max handling sail acceleration stat cap to 125%.
  • Fixed certain edge cases where cannon carts could be fired while in water.
  • Kraken, Snowman, and monstrous whale encounters now have a chance to drop items.
  • All loot tables now have a chance to drop an already-crafted version of an item rather than just the blueprint.
  • Removed the following blueprints from possible treasure chest loot:
    • Stone Pick
    • Torch
    • Scissors
    • Tier 2 Saddle
    • Tier 2 Saddle Carriage
    • Tier 2 Cargo Saddle
    • Fishing Rod
    • Fishing Net
    • Stone Pick
    • Stone Hatchet
    • Throwing Knife
  • Added the following blueprints to possible treasure chest loot:
    • Medium Wood Plank
    • Medium Wood Gunport
    • Cannon
    • Medium Wood Deck
  • Removed the following blueprints from possible flotsam loot:
    • Thatch Ceiling
    • Thatch Door
    • Thatch Floor
    • Thatch Roof
    • Thatch Wall
  • Added the following blueprints to possible flotsam loot:
    • Dinghy Ship Hangar
    • Ship Resources Box
    • Food Larder
    • Diving Attachment
    • Ship Cargo Rack
  • Removed the following blueprints from possible sunken treasure chest loot:
    • Thatch Ceiling
    • Thatch Door
    • Thatch Floor
    • Thatch Roof
    • Thatch Wall
  • Added the following blueprints to possible sunken treasure chest loot:
    • Medium Wood Deck
    • Large Wood Deck
    • Medium Wood Gunport
    • Large Wood Gunport
    • Cannon
    • Large Cannon
    • Puckle
    • Catapult
    • Dinghy Ship Hangar
    • Ship Resources Box
    • Food Larder
    • Diving Attachment
    • Ship Cargo Rack
  • Removed the following blueprints from possible Ship of the Damned schooner loot:
    • Small Wood Deck
    • Small Wood Plank
    • Ship Ammunition Container
    • Ship Resources Box
    • Food Larder
    • Puckle
    • Puckle Bullet
    • Catapult
    • Boulder
  • Added the following blueprints to possible Ship of the Damned schooner loot:
    • Wood Ceiling
  • Removed the following blueprints from possible Ship of the Damned brigantine loot:
    • Small Wood Deck
    • Small Wood Plank
    • Dinghy Ship Hangar
    • Ship Resources Box
    • Food Larder
    • Diving Attachment
    • Ship Cargo Rack
    • Puckle
    • Puckle Bullet
    • Catapult
    • Boulder
  • Added the following blueprints to possible Ship of the Damned brigantine loot:
    • Wood Ceiling
  • Removed the following blueprints from possible Ship of the Damned galleon loot:
    • Dinghy Ship Hangar
    • Ship Resources Box
    • Food Larder
    • Diving Attachment
    • Ship Cargo Rack
    • Puckle
    • Puckle Bullet
    • Catapult
    • Boulder
  • Added the following blueprints to possible Ship of the Damned galleon loot:
    • Wood Ceiling

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

Grapeshot Games

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Thanks 1

My biggest concern is that by lowering the level cap by 20%, they've increased the number of explores needed to raise your cap by 20%.  

Xp boost doesnt matter when by far the long pole is needing so many explore points to raise cap.  

Every time they touch the leveling system, they make the explores needed to level higher.

16 minutes ago, Milos said:

An actual good patch, very nice, keep it up!

Afraid I disagree.  Nerf to handling sails and an increase in explores to level vastly outweigh some minor loot table tweaks.

• Like 2

So they finally fixed dunking offline players in the drink when crossing into freeport grids...  but they're bringing back visible sleeping player bodies on ships on PVE...  Did they ever finally fix the sleeping player falling off ships when crossing any other grid borders?  (I'm hoping so..)  But the removal of the crap BPs in loots is a good thing though.

Stock BPs should really be removed throughout the game.  I mean, if you have the skill to make scissors, getting the BP does nothing for you... but if you don't have the skill, the BP is still useless to you 'coz ya ain't got the skill 😉

1 minute ago, Archsenex said:

My biggest concern is that by lowering the level cap by 20%, they've increased the number of explores needed to raise your cap by 20%.  

Xp boost doesnt matter when by far the long pole is needing so many explore points to raise cap.  

Every time they touch the leveling system, they make the explores needed to level higher.

Let's just wait and see. We also don't know how this will impact crafting new items vs bonus on old items. As a community, we should be a bit more excited of the good changes and no worry about potential doom and gloom. Haha ❤️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

this is not confirmed, and it would make absolutely 0 sense if they also increase the discoveries needed, as the levels between players would be just as disproportionate as now

Just now, Drewlbucket said:

Let's just wait and see. We also don't know how this will impact crafting new items vs bonus on old items. As a community, we should be a bit more excited of the good changes and no worry about potential doom and gloom. Haha ❤️

Its feedback on changes. This is far from the first time they've touched these systems and they get worse every time.  I dont need to see if needing more time pointlessly sailing around to level might, this time, make it better.  You cant roll over a boring task to be more boring and now its somehow fun.

1 minute ago, Milos said:

this is not confirmed, and it would make absolutely 0 sense if they also increase the discoveries needed, as the levels between players would be just as disproportionate as now

It's how the discovery to cap system works, and they've published no changes to the number of discoveries.   It's a linear division of potential explores to potential levels 

6 minutes ago, Drewlbucket said:

Hard to stay interested when we get a bunch of garbage pvp tweaks. Go back to working on pve and the game can be something.

Mostly just adjustments for PvP. Zero new content and very few QoL adjustments except for the adjustments to loot tables which is nice (and should have been done a year ago). Very disappointed right now to be honest. When are speed sails going to be fixed? When are we going to get some new ship designs? I'm bored to death of sailing for hours upon hours just auto-sailing along gridlines to get maps. 

• Like 4

More changes than I expected and some really good ones in there. Especially the changes to kraken/yeti to make them repeatable. I can those becoming some awesome high traffic areas to get the pvp action going!

13 minutes ago, SkyKevin said:

More changes than I expected and some really good ones in there. Especially the changes to kraken/yeti to make them repeatable. I can those becoming some awesome high traffic areas to get the pvp action going!

The PvP is a mixed bag. Yeh, I like fighting ships but when I try to land at a powerstone island and immediately get hit by a mythical Brig with super upgraded handling sails that walk my 3 blue speed sails, it gets old really quick. They are either leveling their ship or trolling. Either way, if you are not part of a mega tribe or mega-adjacent, you are sort of screwed.

48 minutes ago, Milos said:

An actual good patch, very nice, keep it up!

Finally someone positive. I didn't realize we had so many game developers that know how long everything takes to develop, test and deploy. Just scroll through, sooo many!

Hmm... I'm not an English speaker, so what are "loot tables" stands for?

Does it mean - I can find crafted thing everywhere (in chests, flotsam, shipwreck, etc?) Is there possibility to get crafted mythic thing? Will there be just a single crafted thing instead of blueprint with possibility to craft several items?

Did the number of discoveries needed for each level (past whatever the 1st one is that needs disc) get adjusted as well or do they remain the same?  If already killed Kraken do we get the additional xp automatically, do we get it when we defeat it next, or are we limited to what we were given when killed the first time?

Wait, I thought they want us to use tames LESS? So they increase the damage and attack range of half of them???

"Working Hard" funny guys literally the most useless devs and community managers I've ever seen please find a different career. Darkside rp manages their servers better with better updates sad 

I thought this was only to affect characters at 120 or higher.  My char is 65 and had the max level reduced from 67 to 62.  Why?

I am lvl 65 (was allowed to go to 66). Now I'm still lvl 65, but allowed only 62. This update sucks donkey ballz.

• Like 1