Sign in to follow this  
Iceman 918

PvE Ship Decay

My company and I have been building up a pretty substantial city in 05 (Casterly Rock those of you looking for an active trading post) and somebody came in and docked a brig. It's been 24 days and counting and this boat is still here. Not only that but there's no decay timer. I'm almost positive that the entire company has been inactive but they're from H4 or H5 so I haven't searched for them to confirm and I can guarantee they have not been spawning in here. They actually had a cat no board that died yesterday (mind you they have 9 lives!). 

Someone PLEASE either tell me there is a decay timer (and what is it) or tell me that you've come up with a way to get rid of abandoned ships. My construction is basically frozen until this thing is gone!

The company I am in lost 5 craft and as far as I know there is no Ship decay timer.

ALSO, there is a ship - sloop - near us that has been sitting since we started in E5 Stingray Island.

I was told about a Reddit thread that mentions a 21 day decay timer for ships, yet I find nothing about this in the Official Forums or Patch Notes. DID I MISS the memo?

there is suposedly a 21 day hiden timer. but it doen't work properly, at present it's more like a  random 1-5 week timer.

I had a break over the new year, but jumped on raised and lowered the anchor on each of our 6 ships before I left, you'd think all the timers would be the same length, but no, when we came back two ships had vanished after 2 weeks, one schooner and one brig.

23 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

there is suposedly a 21 day hiden timer. but it doen't work properly, at present it's more like a  random 1-5 week timer.

I had a break over the new year, but jumped on raised and lowered the anchor on each of our 6 ships before I left, you'd think all the timers would be the same length, but no, when we came back two ships had vanished after 2 weeks, one schooner and one brig.

I guess that explains why there doesn't appear to be any agreed upon answer this this anywhere on the internet. Although it seems like most of the information you search for either yields mixed responses or doesn't exist for this game.

The most frustrating part of all, is this:

THERE IS NO OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM A DEV, MODERATOR, OR ANYONE ELSE IN OR ON STAFF FOR ATLAS.

and THERE IS NOTHING ANYWHERE IN THE OFFICIAL GAME NOTES ABOUT A SELF DESTRUCT TIMER FOR SHIPS. Not even a random one.

So either the game is very buggy or one of the programmers has a horrible sense of humor.

• Haha 1