Sign in to follow this  
angryapache

How many people play this regularly?

I’m looking to get back into this game... but I hate it when there is sooo many players and you can’t find a spot to live on. I am forever a solo player or playing with my little brothers so I will never join a company.. just wondering if I’m playing single player or joining the servers again.

people can only tell you about the official servers they play on, suggest saying where your preference lies.

EU PVE, lawless regions are pretty crowded, most other regions are freindly and have space.

On 2/5/2020 at 4:10 AM, angryapache said:

I’m looking to get back into this game... but I hate it when there is sooo many players and you can’t find a spot to live on. I am forever a solo player or playing with my little brothers so I will never join a company.. just wondering if I’m playing single player or joining the servers again.

if u are on eu pve then come live on our island i12 venividivici we got place and its all good .

Single player has some odd quirks (Extreme weather health loss is exponentially more deadly than on official servers, weather lags behind a bit when transitioning zones, bed and ship locations don't update on the map in realtime etc), and it's unsurprisingly a little more crashy. But you can basically 'beat the game' in single player; and I have done so.

On NA official, the lawless zones are a fustercluck of structures built on top of each others like slums, but most owned islands are largely empty - due to a mixture of people wary of landowners deciding to evict them without warning (And, I have had bad experiences with hostile landlords so that's a legitimate concern), and a load of misinformation about how taxes work (PvE taxes do NOT decrease your harvest yields!).

Actually getting an island for yourself is a hit or miss affair. I hear a lot of people lamenting it's nigh impossible, but our little 2-man company owns and maintains 2 small islands so; YMMV.  There's almost always a bunch of mid to large size islands open; but you would need a decent size company to pay the rent.

Edited by RyuujinZERO