TridentSpoon

Taming Pen and changes to Taming

So my suggestion is for tames. Only place I can see this perhaps not working is powerstone islands (for Razors and Shieldhorns) or underwater (Crabs).

90% of people I talk to don't enjoy nearly killing something to tame it. My suggestion is that we build taming pens (this can be what we currently build or be a new structure) A feeding trough can then be snapped to it which will change it to a taming trough. Once you capture the creature you want to tame you will need to keep it fed and interact with it to win it over. After a certain time frame you will eventually tame it. The whole structure can decay or require it be destroyed to release the creature once this has been achieved which could help on Powerstone Islands. The taming pen could also lock off the creature to griefers that run past and kill tames while taming them (As the pen would lock their health to the company that is taming?).

Ways to get the animals into these pens could be to set baited taming pens for an passive creatures and "traps"/lures for aggressive creatures. (I haven't played Ark but understand there may be a similar mechanic in a taming mod that is available). For argressive creatures one could potentially have them warm up to you after you "tame" them and by feeding them over time you unlock the ability to ride them.

Thanks for the platform

Trident

Edited by TridentSpoon

I agree in parts.  I definitely think there should be a dedicated structure for taming at least.  There is nothing I hate more in these games (wildcard games) than the trap to tame system that has made its way into the meta.  If we really need a trap to tame in this game, which 9 outta 10 times you do, you shouldn't have to create some weird makeshift trap consisting of doors and ramps....if a trap is required, then make a structure for it.  These makeshift structures kill immersion and just make islands ugly with people spamming them all over.  The dedicated traps could have a quicker decomp time even, to alleviate the spam problem....

But overall I am tired of this games structure system being based off Ghetto rigging something to fit a purpose.  Its unrealistic and ugly and just plain annoying.   

On 2/4/2020 at 3:03 PM, PeglegTheAngry said:

This isn't Ark bro.

Nor should it be.  But taming is essential to grinding, so therefore a mechanic should be established to streamline this...

There is one dedicated taming structure, that is the cage. It can be used for stuff as large as a horse. Now if they just had another size that was bigger that worked for everything else, even an elephant, we would be good.