Wraiith

Sleeping on boat

My wife and I just started playing and we have yet to find a place to settle down.  The other day, she logged out.  I continued to sail the seas.  When she logged back in she was in the middle of the ocean, way in another zone.  Should this be avoided?  Is there a better way to ensure she can stay safely on the boat while I am sailing?

Standard procedure instead of logging out on a boat that will be zoning is to place all items in a storage container, and fast travel (via bed) to a land bed, then logout. Reverse the process when you return.

Can't say I ever experience that issue, I always woke up on the boats, as did our crew members. We actually utilized that a lot during huge PVP raids because people would always have live feeds of the player tracker up watching who entered their sectors. When you're raiding any of the large companies that can materialize 10-20 people really fast, keeping them unaware was often best.

1-2 new players entering a sector wasnt terribly alarming, and almost garnered no response from whoever owned the sector. But you know 2 brigs packed full of cannon bears and crabs with 15+ peoples offline bodies all logging in the second you got to the shore was hilarious, slapping down beds, offloading the critters, building the FOBs. Good times.

Common problem, never log out on sea or on land with stuff on you. Always put them away and leave then. 

Logging out has worked for me, just always log out when the ship is at anchor, not when it is sailing. That seems to work better. Stuff does fall off boats I think though. I've lost a few tames. I think that is what happened to them.

When we played duo with my brother, he always logged out in boat while I was behind the wheel on our way back to base. Then he always logged in the same boat anchored at our base. 

Did that like 10 times, and always worked for us. EU PVE official.

Edited by George Catcher

As others have said its inconsistent.  This issue does not happen most of the time in my experience. 

Best practices.

1.  Put all gear away so naked.

2. Commit suicide.

3. Log off. 

When you log back in you are free to spawn where you want. 

i think it is maritime law to get naked and feed the sharks before bed.

10/10 ultra realistic pirate sim hehe

The engine does have some flaws and this kind of clipping happens in almost every U4 game I've seen, so if you're having it to often, put the gear inside a box and sink. That being said, it doesn't happen always, so perhaps if she logged off in a place a bit less prone to clipping it won't be an issue. Also, shame on you for not watching her body.

Edited by Swordphobic