xhanth

First time tamer

So I spent like 12 hours raising bears and I needed sleep I filled the food up and all was set up I wake up like 5 hours later and only one bear is alive I do not see why you are requiring like what 48 hours to grow a bear in the first place and why they would need to eat 5000 meat, some times it feels like some one is just trying to kill me and my pets. Pretty bummed about wasting my time on this its just a tier two animals if it was tier 3 I would understand. Plus how does two bears die and everything els is okay.  Over all the time required for this game is beyond human ability and the rewards are very limited. I can not even log out some how my bear will die and I have to stay awake for what 48 hours lol. GG also need 10,000 meat!

I was doing 9 cubs at a time last week. I had 3 troughs full once they became the age to eat from them. About every 6 hours or so I would fill the troughs back up with the berries gathered from a giraffe.

They can eat berries all the time, meat is not necessary and you only need to do a total of about 4 hours standing by them in the very beginning once they are born. Unless of course you are trying to raise them outside a temperate zone.

Edited by Bobothewizard

Can not sleep or have a job if you want to breed.

Also had berries I was packed on food they had all they needed so I could sleep but never enough 😛 

My bet is that breeding is supposed to be a Company co-op thing and not possible for one guy. 

Best thing would be to team up with friends covering timezones and communicate about the tasks. 

I would say lots of things with this game pends on cooperation with in bigger groups. 

Edited by MrAPOD

well I guess that will be a limited number of people while most people will need a job and sleep. Also its Tier 2 if it was 3 I would understand. I just do not see how one is alive still while the twin to it died and another died in the same time frame.

My company has several breeders that work together to get this done.  Going alone is possible, but like you said no life if you plan on it. 

Oh yeah dont get me wrong. Every other week I get a 3 day weekend from work. I actually start on Friday and pretty much one breeding session goes on for 24 hours, only because of the imprint timer. My wife gets angry when I have to get up at 1am in the morning to get that imprint. It does suck, but for doing maps and stuff the imprint/breeding is not necessary.  A level 30 wild tamed out to 40 or so would be the same.

Saturday I was getting rid of a bunch of our old wild tame bears so I decided to take them (5) into the arctic to kill those abominable snowmen, it was insane and I didnt have one death for either myself or any of the bears. I ended up  unclaiming them and leaving them there because we had way to many bears at the base.

• Like 1

We like setting one tame to wander and short/medium range aggression.  Set the rest to follow that wandering tame and attack target.  Check up on them once in awhile to see how long they last. 

We once had an island with 50 hogs doing that.  It was pretty barren for a couple of weeks.  Was really funny when people would turn up dead in the company logs for going there to do maps. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, xhanth said:

Can not sleep or have a job if you want to breed.

Also had berries I was packed on food they had all they needed so I could sleep but never enough 😛 

Can't help you with the time required, but can give you a bit of advise on the food.

Plant some crops, they have two advantages, the spoil time is a lot longer than berries and they provide more food so the animals eat less. A win / win for breeding.

P.S. no need for more than the basic skill, they changed crop growth about a year ago making the advanced farming skills virtualy useless.

Save yourself the trouble and give it up, you will be so much happier for it.

Tried breeding myself, i mean sitting in 1 place for the 1st 4 hours? Not my thing I'm afraid. The system is poorly designed. Now if you said you get something extremely special for sitting there hours I would say, oh ok that is worth my time but not right now.

The game has always been pushed towards large companies right from the beginning. They were warned about this early on by the independent companies but they took no notice. 1 year on they lost the majority of those players which now includes myself.

I've still  had my fun with it for a year but Atlas is just about dead and the last throw of the dice was tempting xbox users and I know quite a few of those have moved on already also.

Its such a shame, I had high hopes for this game before release but you don't have to be intelligent to know this game is on the road to nowhere. 

I think when it comes to taming conan exiles have pretty much got it right. Yeh it takes a long time, but you don't have to be online, or sit outside the taming pen for hours. Also you will get the odd rare pet too.

You don't need to sit with them for the entire time.

Once you get the correct number of grills lit, the temp is good day and night, and one stack of wood lasts the 4 hours it takes to reach the juvenile stage.

One stack of potatoes (other veggies available) will feed a baby bear for 35-40 minuits, so once it can hold a stack you can do other stuff and come back. and at about 2 hours in a bear can hold 4 stacks, more than enough to feed it untill juvenile and feeding from a trough.

One trough full of potatoes (I like potatoes) is enough to feed 2-3 bears to full maturity.

So if i'm not imprinting it takes 2 hours, with only the first 10-15 minutes of constant attention, meaning I can breed even on a weekday evening. Pop on at 6pm and mate the bears, set timer, pop back at 10pm and raise them, by midnight they and the troughs are topped up and ready to be left alone.

Imprinting is a different matter, and only possible if I have a free weekend.