Jump to content

unseengiant

The game is great but here's my opinion

Recommended Posts

The game concept  is great. But the start off the pvp could use a lot of work.. question  when does  pvp eventually  stop and it turns in to bullying. When does it become pay to play. 

 

When  other companies  pvp they take the game way to far for newer players to play. Being on pc and xbox I can see both ways.. pc will always have the advantage over xbox.

 

You have tribes such as d&t, Sdc, jojo, multiple  Chinese  and bigger companies bully players like this to stop playing. For instance jojo is a chinese mega company  that owns A8 players cant settle in that tiles  or surrounding  tiles unless they pay tribute. Which is all fun for a game mechanic.

Now a company  who was settled their refused because they found out they were paying actual  money to steal boats from other crews (insiding) for weeks on end jojo tormented this company  insulting them in their native  language raiding them hanging them, capturing them to make a new character over and over again. Mind you these are xbox players who cant get any where near their super mega base of lag. To fight back..

 

Now we here its pvp. Pvp is person v person. U want to pvp cool but it's really bullying if all you do is harass  players who have no power to run a already built structures that over load the xbox.

The big consensus  is optimize  the game and make an xbox only official server so players can truly experience  the game. In all fairness  people (or xbox players in general)  are already saying the game is dying because of it. Even alot of D&t members are discouraging players on reddit  by posting fake pictures of developers and players are eating it....you want a bigger player base make an xbox official  pvp/pve server and optimize  the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To add on this freeports should have 20 min unclaim animals and destroy ships if their are no active players.. companies  use it as a port to protect their ships and tames from pvp 

 

https://ibb.co/NFhkFJj

 

Edited by unseengiant
Add pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 1:02 AM, unseengiant said:

The game concept  is great. But the start off the pvp could use a lot of work.. question  when does  pvp eventually  stop and it turns in to bullying. When does it become pay to play. 

 

When  other companies  pvp they take the game way to far for newer players to play. Being on pc and xbox I can see both ways.. pc will always have the advantage over xbox.

 

You have tribes such as d&t, Sdc, jojo, multiple  Chinese  and bigger companies bully players like this to stop playing. For instance jojo is a chinese mega company  that owns A8 players cant settle in that tiles  or surrounding  tiles unless they pay tribute. Which is all fun for a game mechanic.

Now a company  who was settled their refused because they found out they were paying actual  money to steal boats from other crews (insiding) for weeks on end jojo tormented this company  insulting them in their native  language raiding them hanging them, capturing them to make a new character over and over again. Mind you these are xbox players who cant get any where near their super mega base of lag. To fight back..

 

Now we here its pvp. Pvp is person v person. U want to pvp cool but it's really bullying if all you do is harass  players who have no power to run a already built structures that over load the xbox.

The big consensus  is optimize  the game and make an xbox only official server so players can truly experience  the game. In all fairness  people (or xbox players in general)  are already saying the game is dying because of it. Even alot of D&t members are discouraging players on reddit  by posting fake pictures of developers and players are eating it....you want a bigger player base make an xbox official  pvp/pve server and optimize  the game.

if you don't like it start your own mega group and go to war with them and wipe them out. this is a world sandbox you have that choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not all just bullying, this game sorta has a high limit on how well you can craft stuff.  Makes it seem like alot of the fights are unfair. 

This game is also in no way pay to win, or pay to play.  There are no in game advantages that money can LEGALLY buy you. Trading real money for anything in the game is against the rules, could get you banned, and if it's too much money, can also land you in jail. 

I have fun playing still however, most of my stuff is in the Freeport.  The Freeport strat is actually great for small companies. 

Also when you build a base or a ship.  Just realize that all ships must sink and all bases will be decayed or raided. 

I see so many players go into the pvp, thinking "I'll defend my stuff from whatever comes at me" already setting their expectations to an impossible task. 

Instead try thinking, what's the way I can have the most fun out of this situation?? Just keep a clear head, and think about what will really hurt my attackers right now? 

You cant defend your stuff, you can try, and I would hope you have fun trying, however in the end, all will fall. 

Big companies still arent an exception to this, SDC, Blackholes and some of the other big na pvp companies may seem like there stuff will always be there, but it wont, and when a big company goes, it ALL GOES down. 

Cheers! And if you see me outside of a Freeport and dont want to pvp, RUN. 🙂

Edited by Mike L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game will never thrive.  Get used to that.  Most former Atlas players are now playing Last Oasis.  All of my Atlas friends are there, and they say it was everything they had hoped Atlas would be.

They could literally save this game with one simple change.  Ship vs Ship servers.  Also, reduce the disparity between the high and low end of ships.  Common ships vs 200% ships is only going to end one way.  People can say, "Just create your own Mega," but that is the dumbest thing anyone could say.  Creating a Mega isn't easy, and not something new players can accomplish in a short period of time.  Most players are already in a Mega.  The simple fact is, this game is extremely hostile to new players, casual players, and players that like to play in small groups.  Ship vs Ship servers, with ships ranging from 100% to 125% tops, would save this game.  Will that happen?  I doubt it.  All of the former Atlas players I know said they have no faith at all in Grapeshot ever seeing the light.

They note that Last Oasis devs actually care, and police the servers.  They have already wiped clans that duped.  They also have long cool-down timers so that megas can't swap people in and out of the clan.  In short, the Devs listen to the players.  There is NO offline raiding, because you upload your walkers to the Lobby before logging off.  Your crafting base packs up in the blink of an eye, and is stored on the walker, as are your resources.  The game puts the focus on PvP, not grinding...and no grindy base defenses.   Atlas, unlike many survival games, could go this route, but they seem to choose not to.  As such, the game is dying.  These forums are nearly dead also.

 

Those who make survival games have to understand that it is a Game, not a job.  Nobody wants to have to spend 10 hours a day playing it, in order to compete.  Atlas, ARK, and so many other survival games require you to treat it as your second job, or you will fall to those who do.  This is why Last Oasis is going to top all of them.  It is extremely popular right now, as a result of the emphasis being on fun, not work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your playing last oasis then why are you on this forum last  i last i checked this was an atlas forum not last oasis forum trust me no one cares friend and you best believe when something better then last oasis comes out your friends will leave you alone again on last oasis better stop following the crowd and go your own way never ends well for those who follow others i dont care what game once a better one comes out you will get left alone and the next and the next and the next because sheeple cant think for themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 6:23 AM, Captainlongjohn said:

If your playing last oasis then why are you on this forum last  i last i checked this was an atlas forum not last oasis forum trust me no one cares friend and you best believe when something better then last oasis comes out your friends will leave you alone again on last oasis better stop following the crowd and go your own way never ends well for those who follow others i dont care what game once a better one comes out you will get left alone and the next and the next and the next because sheeple cant think for themselves

Ah yes, there's always one, "well why are you here, then?"

Because I have many many hours in Atlas, on Official, and a lesser amount on unofficial.  There are aspects of the game that I love, and aspects that I hate, and many people hate, and it drove them from the game.  I am here, because I would like to see changes made that make the game more fun for more people, so that we can once again, have a healthy sized player base in Atlas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 6:23 AM, Captainlongjohn said:

If your playing last oasis then why are you on this forum last  i last i checked this was an atlas forum not last oasis forum trust me no one cares friend and you best believe when something better then last oasis comes out your friends will leave you alone again on last oasis better stop following the crowd and go your own way never ends well for those who follow others i dont care what game once a better one comes out you will get left alone and the next and the next and the next because sheeple cant think for themselves

Also, I have to point out that this might be the worst paragraph ever written on this forum.   Periods, and commas are left out, making the majority of it unable to be fully understood.

 

But the part about people leaving Last Oasis...if something BETTER, does come out, I am sure they will.  The key word there being, BETTER.  This would be 100% normal and expected.  The question is, why did they leave Atlas, for Last Oasis?  I mean, I am literally running into Atlas Mega, after Atlas Mega, now in Last Oasis.   And another question is, would they come back, if Atlas became a BETTER game than it is currently?

 

One reason that Last Oasis isn't likely to lose a large amount of players, is because it is very very attractive to most players that they don't risk what they don't want to risk, in most circumstances.  In fact, I can load up my crafting base into my Walker, and upload the Walker, and then go to bed KNOWING that it will be available to me when I log back on.  In fact, since I can store an amazing amount of stuff in that base, and it doesn't count against the weight limit of the Walker, I can even keep all my resources safe from thieving clan members.

The reality is that Grapeshot didn't pay enough attention to how much people hated their stuff being destroyed while they were offline.  Grapeshot should have had a better plan to make the game more focused on ships at sea, and less focused on base defense.   I absolutely love that the focus is not on base defense in Last Oasis, and in fact, it makes no sense to invest tons of resources into a base because the tile you would build it on, will eventually burn up.

It's not too late for Grapeshot to create an Atlas game that is attractive to a wider audience, but that time is quickly running out.  To get a large audience back, they are going to need big news that is appealing to them.  A ship vs ship server, would be just what the doctor ordered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All new games start with the honeymoon period, and it seldom lasts before the cracks appear. I think if a decent pyrate game get's released that is dedicated to the subject, with devs that stay the distance ,then yeh Atlas would be pretty much be over. Tbh the problem as I see it is Atlas still hasn't broken properly away from being an ark dlc, Hopefully they will eventually do this and it will become a stand alone survival game in it's own right. For a lot of us that have played from the start it certainly needs more content now to bring the interest back. But I would like to add that the devs in no way deserved the torrent of abuse and toxicity that they got when they used to regularly post on the forum, I don't suppose that it helped them to remain upbeat and positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

All new games start with the honeymoon period, and it seldom lasts before the cracks appear. I think if a decent pyrate game get's released that is dedicated to the subject, with devs that stay the distance ,then yeh Atlas would be pretty much be over. Tbh the problem as I see it is Atlas still hasn't broken properly away from being an ark dlc, Hopefully they will eventually do this and it will become a stand alone survival game in it's own right. For a lot of us that have played from the start it certainly needs more content now to bring the interest back. But I would like to add that the devs in no way deserved the torrent of abuse and toxicity that they got when they used to regularly post on the forum, I don't suppose that it helped them to remain upbeat and positive.

100% agree.  I am passionate, but I try not to be toxic.  Nobody deserves to be abused, and certainly not over a video game.

I also agree that it has to get away from being an ARK dlc.  To do that, IMHO, it has to get away from base defense.  I know many people feel the same way.  It brings so many bad aspects, including having to start all over, and often, while knowing that so many ships you run into will totally outclass your ships for weeks, and months...which twists your mind in the wrong direction.  Instead of welcoming PvP, you try to avoid it.  Then you simply get angered, when once again, your base gets wiped, because you are nowhere near ready to properly defend it, and once again, you start from scratch.  This is the experience most players experience, and why most of them experience a "the honeymoon's over" feeling.

Yet, there are many games where people stick with them for decades.  WWIIOL has had a two decade long run...and that game was designed from the beginning for the average player to experience a 1:1 success ratio.

 

I had high hopes for Atlas, and would love to come back to it, and see many people come back to it, but I just don't see that happening without a major change to the way the game is played.  IMHO, this game is the most well suited to being a game that allows safe areas, while at the same time, offers plenty of incentive to PvP.  Did you see my 34 point suggestion in another thread?

It offers suggestions on how to create the safe zones...how to create incentives to PvP without wipes...etc...

 

 

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 2:02 AM, unseengiant said:

The game concept  is great. But the start off the pvp could use a lot of work.. question  when does  pvp eventually  stop and it turns in to bullying. When does it become pay to play. 

 

When  other companies  pvp they take the game way to far for newer players to play. Being on pc and xbox I can see both ways.. pc will always have the advantage over xbox.

 

You have tribes such as d&t, Sdc, jojo, multiple  Chinese  and bigger companies bully players like this to stop playing. For instance jojo is a chinese mega company  that owns A8 players cant settle in that tiles  or surrounding  tiles unless they pay tribute. Which is all fun for a game mechanic.

Now a company  who was settled their refused because they found out they were paying actual  money to steal boats from other crews (insiding) for weeks on end jojo tormented this company  insulting them in their native  language raiding them hanging them, capturing them to make a new character over and over again. Mind you these are xbox players who cant get any where near their super mega base of lag. To fight back..

 

Now we here its pvp. Pvp is person v person. U want to pvp cool but it's really bullying if all you do is harass  players who have no power to run a already built structures that over load the xbox.

The big consensus  is optimize  the game and make an xbox only official server so players can truly experience  the game. In all fairness  people (or xbox players in general)  are already saying the game is dying because of it. Even alot of D&t members are discouraging players on reddit  by posting fake pictures of developers and players are eating it....you want a bigger player base make an xbox official  pvp/pve server and optimize  the game.

no you don't... d&t has been gone for months, sdc has been gone for weeks or a month..

Honestly though? Jojo has an island in B7, i have a base there and have never had issues so I'm wondering how much of all this is nonsense.

Are you complaining because they have taxes? I think they are at 15%..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×