Sign in to follow this  
McNibs1

Damage Multiplier ~ Resources Gathered

I know that by upgrading tames damage they will collect more resources. I am wondering if this is the same for a player. As there is no stat to upgrade for melee damage do melee damage multipliers increase resources gathered by a player?

Example. A fine metal pick with x1.25 melee damage. 

Would items like this increase resources gathered? To what extent is it needed to be significant (should i not bother until finding legendary blueprints)? With that is upgrading the tool or armor piece in the melee damage multiplier worth it? 

• Like 1

That's what actually need to be done.

A lot of players just don't wanna deal with tames, and right now there is just no alternative. We should be able to obtain just regular horse with cargo harness for heavy cargo carry and should be able to use our tools as effective as tames do (for that - we should use better quality tools).

Also go defeat the Abominable Snowman.  The harvest boost plus hand harvest skills are a huge bonus.  Mix that with the encumbered bonus (250% movement speed I think) makes it so tames are not needed.  I still use them because I like to, but I know plenty of people who never use them once they get these skills and feats.  At that point any melee bonus on tools is icing on the cake. 

Edited by DocHolliday

Soooooooooooooo. That is a yes? Melee damage on tools do increase harvesting? 

With that note does drinking alcohol also increase the harvesting?

I can confirm yes the added melee damage on tools increases the amount of mats you gather per swing.  If a tree is worth 200 wood and you normally hit for 25 it takes 8 swings.  If you have better tools and now hit for 40 it takes 5 swings.  This allows you to gather at a faster rate and move on to the next tree sooner.

As to alcohol.  I am not sure.  Never tried.

Edited by DocHolliday

Thanks so much! I dont want to pester but have any of you understood why some resources will yield 1000s and some only 100s? Or is it entirely random

3 minutes ago, McNibs1 said:

Thanks so much! I dont want to pester but have any of you understood why some resources will yield 1000s and some only 100s? Or is it entirely random

I don't understand what you're asking, if you mean how high they stack, that's how the game is organized, some resources stack at 5, some at 30, 100, 500 and 1000. if you're having trouble with slots, use a ship resource chest as any resource that goes inside it can stack up to 500000.

On 2/5/2020 at 2:07 PM, Swordphobic said:

I don't understand what you're asking, if you mean how high they stack, that's how the game is organized, some resources stack at 5, some at 30, 100, 500 and 1000. if you're having trouble with slots, use a ship resource chest as any resource that goes inside it can stack up to 500000.

Not quite. I mean the amount of resources you can gather from one (rock/tree/node). I have mined metal from one  (that appear the same size) and gotten 300 and another nearby that gave me 1500.

This is entirely my personal experience, but what I've seen is that the different types of trees for example, have a max and a min yeld interval. So there is a random factor, but some resource nodes have higher yelds than others.

It might be me imagining things, but I feel I know how much I am getting from some metal nodes based on visual size.  Certain nodes I harvest daily always give the same unless its 2x or I use my harvest feat, but even then I know what I am getting out of them.  It does seem more consistent than say trees do for thatch and wood. 

Edited by DocHolliday

5 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

It might be me imagining things, but I feel I know how much I am getting from some metal nodes based on visual size.  Certain nodes I harvest daily always give the same unless its 2x or I use my harvest feat, but even then I know what I am getting out of them.  It does seem more consistent than say trees do for thatch and wood. 

Harvest feat?