viler

lame game mechaniks.

Setting a hard time limit would be nice.  Would need features to prevent abuse like removing cuffs and knocking victim out again and putting them back on for a reset, but capping it would work for me. 

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Setting a hard time limit would be nice.  Would need features to prevent abuse like removing cuffs and knocking victim out again and putting them back on for a reset, but capping it would work for me. 

A cap would be much better than what we have now, in both Ark and Atlas.

On 2/5/2020 at 3:29 AM, Swordphobic said:

The whole handcuff thing was bad mechanics in ark and still is here. Want to deny someone? Make a mechanic that makes him unable to use beds in the grid for awhile, not this heap of toxic "feature". I recall in S2 a group of toxic players that got their kicks out of picking offline players and putting them into cages for amusement thx to that none of my friends ever touched this game again and probably won't while they keep this uber griefing mechanic. 

so they copy pasted it from ark... why do i feel not surprised?...oh yeah because ATLAS is a giant ark copy paste.

You can't really complain when you're playing PvP, it is part of the game which is why I don't play it in the first place. You should try losing a Galleon or 2 on PvE, you would not last 2 minutes if you can't stand being in a cage until you die.

If you don't like the PvP go onto PvE. 

2 hours ago, DannyUK said:

You can't really complain when you're playing PvP, it is part of the game which is why I don't play it in the first place. You should try losing a Galleon or 2 on PvE, you would not last 2 minutes if you can't stand being in a cage until you die.

If you don't like the PvP go onto PvE. 

No one wants to play with you, go back to PvE.

Edited by Swordphobic

I feel like realistically this thread should just be like an entire gesture to ATLAS in general. 

Bad Game mechanics? Lets start with basic ship parts.

They needed to force people to "explore", so they made higher tier BPs require numerous different types of the same material to make shit. If they wanted a good mechanic, Different woods/metals would have different weight/speed/attributes so you could actually design and build ships around certain builds, do you want something lightweight and weak, or do you want heavier denser wood/metal that is slower but tankier? or a mix for something moderate? 

It was nice they had different sail types, but speed sails were broke since forever.

lackluster ship types.

NOW! How about those grapple hooks eh?

You're in a hot pursuit of an enemy ship, one of your friendly ships cuts off their route, and force them into you, one of your boys on deck grapples their ship, and suddenly you both stop moving, completely dead in the water. That's cool, somehow a ballista with a rope can destroy all momentum and render your sails inoperable. 

Sharks(2) spawning on fresh ship wrecks? have you even run someones harbor and sunk like 10+ ships and tried to dive that shit in the heat of a battle? It's fucking ridiculous. like you're in a bloody harbor and suddenly 20+ sharks.

Allowing people to pack 16+ cannons on the side of a ship with no counter balance. Greatest game mechanics ever.

Animals. 

How about this kicker.

During a TPG harbor raid we(Idiocracy), ran a Brig with 12 cannons (each manned by players, specced into cannon reload, which makes them fire like machine guns), we sailed that bad boy into a huge TPG harbor, harbor wall, wall cannons, mortars, etc. We sunk like 4 galleons, 8 brigs, tons of schooners before they were able to respond. And when they did, we had already gotten hammered by mortars, shot by wall cannons, we got stuck on a rock on the way out of the harbor when a gally and 2 brigs show up and start donking on us HARD.

Well we got unstuck, manage to sail away with 3 ships chasing us, we were missing all of our lplants on both sides, part of our top deck, had some of our rear and foreward planks, but literally both side of the ship were missing, we were sailing a skeleton of a ship that was filling up fast. 14 guys bailing water with buckets, we sailed that ship 2 zones, while being chased, ironically the ship went really fast without any planks on it, and we were able to outpace the water coming in. We had to scrap all the cannons, the all the storage boxes, everything, so we could build a smithy and start making planks. WE HAD NO PLANKS.

That ship escaped, and survived. We almost lost it to the lag from the zone change though, first zone change, everyone lagged, and suddenly the plankless ships water went from the bottom of the ship to the top deck, but 14 guys bailing water, we had that shit taken care of. SKELETON SHIP BOYS. WE DID IT. Great game mechanic.

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

How about this kicker.

During a TPG harbor raid we(Idiocracy), ran a Brig with 12 cannons (each manned by players, specced into cannon reload, which makes them fire like machine guns), we sailed that bad boy into a huge TPG harbor, harbor wall, wall cannons, mortars, etc. We sunk like 4 galleons, 8 brigs, tons of schooners before they were able to respond. And when they did, we had already gotten hammered by mortars, shot by wall cannons, we got stuck on a rock on the way out of the harbor when a gally and 2 brigs show up and start donking on us HARD.

Well we got unstuck, manage to sail away with 3 ships chasing us, we were missing all of our lplants on both sides, part of our top deck, had some of our rear and foreward planks, but literally both side of the ship were missing, we were sailing a skeleton of a ship that was filling up fast. 14 guys bailing water with buckets, we sailed that ship 2 zones, while being chased, ironically the ship went really fast without any planks on it, and we were able to outpace the water coming in. We had to scrap all the cannons, the all the storage boxes, everything, so we could build a smithy and start making planks. WE HAD NO PLANKS.

That ship escaped, and survived. We almost lost it to the lag from the zone change though, first zone change, everyone lagged, and suddenly the plankless ships water went from the bottom of the ship to the top deck, but 14 guys bailing water, we had that shit taken care of. SKELETON SHIP BOYS. WE DID IT. Great game mechanic.

Doesn't sound realistic, but damn if it doesn't sound fun.

• Thanks 1

Well another interesting game mechanic, is if you have a forge on your ship, you can just stand around the forge and dump your buckets into it, it magically works. dont ask my why or how, but dumping buckets into the forge was the way to bucket water on any brig or galleon because you dont really have to move, so no travel time. you fill up bucket, dump it onto the forge, rinse/repeat.

So with enough guys you can outspace the water intake.

Edited by Inigo

7 hours ago, Swordphobic said:

No one wants to play with you, go back to PvE.

Have I hit a nerve son? :classic_laugh:

On 2/5/2020 at 1:39 AM, PeglegTheAngry said:

You die after two hours omegalul

You're a PVE player, and are hence irrelevant to most discussions here. Plus anyone that uses the term "omegalul" should be kicked down a well. 

On 3/9/2020 at 4:20 PM, BurgsideTiger said:

You're a PVE player, and are hence irrelevant to most discussions here. Plus anyone that uses the term "omegalul" should be kicked down a well. 

Cry more bitch, I play both.

Hold down delete and shout yourself to death, pepega

Edited by PeglegTheAngry