Sign in to follow this  
JTK45

Ship sink times

I recently started playing atlas again with some friends. I haven't played in a while (before the wipe). We have a ship someone parked in front of our base we haven't seen them since they first left it here and it's in the way. I haven't been able to find a straight answer on google as to how long it will take to sink on its own or whether or not the ability to overweight animals and leave them on it to sink it still works (wouldn't normally try this but its been here for so long and is blocking us) (never tried it before but I remember hearing about it happening a lot way back).

Weight bombing hasn't worked in a good long while. Once a ship is green anchored, you are stuck with it. Any interaction with it resets the timer. So tell your people to not crawl on it to "check on it" We have had a couple take anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months before they have disappeared. We have a raft that has been there since week one of this "season" and never gone away. Since you never know when someone either from your crew, the boat owner, or just some random has interacted with the boat, you will never know till that one day you log in and it is gone.

3 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Weight bombing hasn't worked in a good long while. Once a ship is green anchored, you are stuck with it. Any interaction with it resets the timer. So tell your people to not crawl on it to "check on it" We have had a couple take anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months before they have disappeared. We have a raft that has been there since week one of this "season" and never gone away. Since you never know when someone either from your crew, the boat owner, or just some random has interacted with the boat, you will never know till that one day you log in and it is gone.

alright thank you