Caine

Atlas Content and the difficulty

Hello there, 

I want to ask you how you think about the difficulty of the game (Pve-Stuff). 

I personally think that the ghostship, powerstones, Kraken 1/2 and ice dungeon are pretty easy to play. The fact that you don't have a player limit is one of the problems why you can easily rush the bosses and win. 

I would like to see a challenge in this game. 

Any game that has dungeons, etc., like Atlas can easily be defeated with a large number of players, assuming the game doesn't limit the number in some way.

Don't rely on the game to force you to play in a way that makes the game difficult. Challenge yourself. If you are playing with 20 people to defeat the kraken, try it with 10 instead. It is all up to you. This is a sandbox game after all. You can play easy mode or hard mode, Atlas is not going to tell you which mode is the most fun for you.

So far I've done none of the above that you mention, but I play solo. I do plan to team up with some people on the server I play on and do some of the above, probably the Kraken will be the first. I imagine about 10 to 15 of us will take it on. Some of us will die and not complete it. It don't think it will be "pretty easy" as you describe. The server does it as a weekend event and I watched one of the first in a video, looked pretty challenging.

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

Any game that has dungeons, etc., like Atlas can easily be defeated with a large number of players, assuming the game doesn't limit the number in some way.

Don't rely on the game to force you to play in a way that makes the game difficult. Challenge yourself. If you are playing with 20 people to defeat the kraken, try it with 10 instead. It is all up to you. This is a sandbox game after all. You can play easy mode or hard mode, Atlas is not going to tell you which mode is the most fun for you.

So far I've done none of the above that you mention, but I play solo. I do plan to team up with some people on the server I play on and do some of the above, probably the Kraken will be the first. I imagine about 10 to 15 of us will take it on. Some of us will die and not complete it. It don't think it will be "pretty easy" as you describe. The server does it as a weekend event and I watched one of the first in a video, looked pretty challenging.

Why should I be a dick to player who wants the event too? Ofc I'll help and team up to help. Kraken is pretty easy mode with 15 people. You can skip the whole tentacle/electro phase. Not sure why you try to discuss without knowledge about the fight itself when it comes to experience. The devs can make it harder when they design it to a playerlimit event and with more effects to dodge. It's not about crying, it's about more challenge in future content. 

Edited by Caine
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, wildbill said:

sorry but that is only avoiding the problem and pretending it doesnt exist.

kraken is not challenging at all, there are already strategies to complete it 100% of the times, you wont die as long as you know and follow those strategies

Edited by The D Legacy

8 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

sorry but that is only avoiding the problem and pretending it doesnt exist.

kraken is not challenging at all, there are already strategies to complete it 100% of the times, you wont die as long as you know and follow those strategies

He asked for opinions. That was mine. I think it is just fine.

I know a lot of people like that Atlas is hard core and the devs have made a lot of it very hard core.

Personally I think that is a dumb strategy. If a boss is really hard, people just find a way to cheat the kill. I don't know what you guys are doing that makes it so easy other than just having as many players as possible. I've watched several videos, no video shows a way to not have any of the lightning. If you've found a way, your just cheating the mechanic of the boss fight. If you want a challenge, just fight the boss the way it was designed to be fought, instead of gaming it like so many do. It is all your choice.

Like the powerstone caves. I've yet to do those too. Seems kind of dumb also. People just run in there naked with 10 other players. Half of them die, but half make it. They just repeat the process until everyone has made it. Few actually try and kill all of the threats on the way in or in the cave, they are just way too hard core (high level) for that to be a valid strategy. So why do they make it so hard core if everyone is just going to game it? I guess if I played PvP I might understand.

21 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I know a lot of people like that Atlas is hard core and the devs have made a lot of it very hard core.

Personally I think that is a dumb strategy. If a boss is really hard, people just find a way to cheat the kill. I don't know what you guys are doing that makes it so easy other than just having as many players as possible. I've watched several videos, no video shows a way to not have any of the lightning. If you've found a way, your just cheating the mechanic of the boss fight. If you want a challenge, just fight the boss the way it was designed to be fought, instead of gaming it like so many do. It is all your choice.

Like the powerstone caves. I've yet to do those too. Seems kind of dumb also. People just run in there naked with 10 other players. Half of them die, but half make it. They just repeat the process until everyone has made it. Few actually try and kill all of the threats on the way in or in the cave, they are just way too hard core (high level) for that to be a valid strategy. So why do they make it so hard core if everyone is just going to game it? I guess if I played PvP I might understand.

I think that they need to understand that nothing is a challenge in pvp. Pretty much anything can be done, just because the playerbase is extremely hardcore. That’s what I like about it. Kraken is easy because you use certain strategies, if that helps the bobs.. why not right. 

• Like 2

I'm not playing PvP and Kraken is easy because you can put a ship to every single tentacle, kill it instantly and then fight the orb the whole time. 

Powerstones also need a fix that you cannot use powerstones of the hydra for every other powerstone island. It should be bound to the island. 

Edited by Caine

3 hours ago, wildbill said:

The caves of powerstone is a joke my friend. Craft a good mace and shield then clear the whole cave. Easy shit. You can also burn the whole area to ashe. You don't even need good gear. People farming the cave for gold btw cause it's easy loot lol. 

Edit: You are welcome to the next kraken fight and I will show you the tactics. 

Edited by Caine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Caine said:

The caves of powerstone is a joke my friend. Craft a good maze and shield then clear the whole cave. Easy shit. You can also burn the whole area to ashe. You don't even need good gear. People farming the cave for gold btw cause it's easy loot lol. 

Edit: You are welcome to the next kraken fight and I will show you the tactics. 

Honestly not following what you are talking about. No idea what a maze is. If you mean mace, I don't see how you can use that with a shield, as the mace is a two-handed weapon. I'm terrible with combat, as I only play PvE and generally fight everything on a tame. Since I fight from a tame, I get no hand to hand combat practice, which is about all you are going to do on a powerstone island. Bringing any tame is sure to get it killed.

My very first attempt to got into a powerstone cave was yesterday. I tried to sneak around all the creatures naked so I wouldn't lose any gear, since I was doing it solo, if I lost gear, I probably wouldn't be able to recover it. Never made it into the cave. If nothing killed me before the opening, right before the opening a high level lion would always jump me and kill me. Made about 10 runs at it, never even made it inside of the cave. It is a private server. Everyone is saying try the one in A4, which is supposed to have way less stuff outside of the cave than the one I was trying.

7 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Honestly not following what you are talking about. No idea what a maze is. If you mean mace, I don't see how you can use that with a shield, as the mace is a two-handed weapon. I'm terrible with combat, as I only play PvE and generally fight everything on a tame. Since I fight from a tame, I get no hand to hand combat practice, which is about all you are going to do on a powerstone island. Bringing any tame is sure to get it killed.

My very first attempt to got into a powerstone cave was yesterday. I tried to sneak around all the creatures naked so I wouldn't lose any gear, since I was doing it solo, if I lost gear, I probably wouldn't be able to recover it. Never made it into the cave. If nothing killed me before the opening, right before the opening a high level lion would always jump me and kill me. Made about 10 runs at it, never even made it inside of the cave. It is a private server. Everyone is saying try the one in A4, which is supposed to have way less stuff outside of the cave than the one I was trying.

OK, I play on official pve. I also meant mace sry 😂 You just need 4 people with a mace and one with a shield and sword. You skill combat and weapons and then you can clear the whole cave. It needs some practice but it's pretty easy. I did a lot powerstones by myself but also with my company. You just need to pull the whole monsters into the water in the cave then you can rush to the powerstone machine. You can also use a zip line to skip the run.

Edit: I'm not sure if it works but you can also try sneaking lvl 3 in Beastmaster skill tree and then you can press x and crawl to the machine. 

Edited by Caine

17 hours ago, wildbill said:

i respect your opinion, i simply dont share it, also i am trying to understand what you mean by ATLAS being difficult (or even hardcore) but the only thing that comes to min is that you are playing a different version of ATLAS since the official servers are actually pretty easy.

also i am having  problems understanding your definition of chating, according to you if a boss throws a punch at you evading it is cheating? that sounds more like masochism than cheating to be honest, the kraken is as easy as to simple have each brigg take out the tentacles and what that is done make the galleons damage the core, you talk about the lightning...i guess you refer to the lightning balls that he shoots at you? you can snipe those with a carbine, or is that cheating too?

powerstones: well you dont have to fight every single thing you find you know? i mean you are free to do it and waste lots of time and resources for it but that is called being inefficient not hardcore, also thats poor game design, as you mentioned people do naked runs simply because the game developers think that if you drop your stuff when you die the game is harder, but at the same time they implement no feature to avoid people doing naked runs, wich makes no sense.

13 hours ago, Caine said:

Edit: I'm not sure if it works but you can also try sneaking lvl 3 in Beastmaster skill tree and then you can press x and crawl to the machine. 

thats exactly what i discovered the first day i tried to do the powerstones, some people i know tried 50 runs and died all of them, and there i was crawling my way to the machine in my 3rd attempt xD

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

i respect your opinion, i simply dont share it, also i am trying to understand what you mean by ATLAS being difficult (or even hardcore) but the only thing that comes to min is that you are playing a different version of ATLAS since the official servers are actually pretty easy.

What server are you on? Full loot, losing inventory when you die, in a persistent world is just about as hardcore as it gets in gaming.

powerstones: well you dont have to fight every single thing you find you know? i mean you are free to do it and waste lots of time and resources for it but that is called being inefficient not hardcore, also thats poor game design, as you mentioned people do naked runs simply because the game developers think that if you drop your stuff when you die the game is harder, but at the same time they implement no feature to avoid people doing naked runs, wich makes no sense.

How can you argue that dropping your stuff when u die does not make the game more difficult? Because there is no feature to avoid naked runs?

Why don't you go in the cave and farm some xp?

thats exactly what i discovered the first day i tried to do the powerstones, some people i know tried 50 runs and died all of them, and there i was crawling my way to the machine in my 3rd attempt xD

You can just run in, it's faster. You shouldn't die 50 times now that they nerfed the crap outta golden age.

2 hours ago, eeeceee said:

What server are you on? Full loot, losing inventory when you die, in a persistent world is just about as hardcore as it gets in gaming.

How can you argue that dropping your stuff when u die does not make the game more difficult? Because there is no feature to avoid naked runs?

Why don't you go in the cave and farm some xp?

You can just run in, it's faster. You shouldn't die 50 times now that they nerfed the crap outta golden age.

i stopped playing long ago, but honestly if you can craft it is not that punishing, i mean how long can you take to craft a new full set of armors? 30 min? in "Tibia" (25 years old mmo) if you die without your blessing active you lose your whole Backpack + 1 piece of  your gear that might be worth maybe 2 full weeks of grinding all day long, and  thats semi hardcore, the real definition of a hardcore game is Ogame, in wich if you get raided you could lose EVERYTHING, i have seen people lose 5 years worth of effort in a single day.

about the powerstones: as mentioned above i died 3 times the first 2 to figure out the safe spots and the last one when i discovered i could just crawl undetected in the cave

Edited by The D Legacy

A critical question is what TYPE of difficulty. I'd argue there already is quite a bit of RPG difficulty; it takes quite a lot of grinding, exploration, etc to hit that (I assume, not got there myself).

If you mean more twitch difficulty then I'd say you're probably in the wrong game; Atlas seems deliberately slowed down compared to Ark. Longer cooldowns, animations, etc.

The only added difficulty to the game is PVP. I’ve had my boat destroyed on many occasions when doing the power stones. Well, the hydra actually. Never got the stones as the ship was set of fire before the crew even reached shore and the lag spike prevented me from raising the sail’s. 

But Turning off PVP in the Golden Age is a different topic.