Sign in to follow this  
Shepard_Fury

Ship weight/speed, the current pvp meta.

Hello Everyone,

I have been playing the current ship meta for a while now and i have to say it is not great. You have to shave all the weight of your ship to be able to take other ships down.

I would like the devs to change the ships so that if it is under 50% weight, then it has no impact on the ship max speed. This would make it so you can actually build on your ship and make different types of ships.
   It would also be nice if you refined the detection of structures sticking over the side of your ship. It would prevent wood armor from covering the planks on the side and front of the ship, this would prevent the armored schooners and brigs.

When a ship has cannons on the deck it makes it way stronger in ways of coverage or broadside damage. For instance people use a one side broadside brig where they have 12 cannons on one side to instant destroy galleon planks with the feat buff(You get hit by 24 mythical cannons at once). It would also be really good if there was a stat penalty for putting cannons on the top deck. It could be a reduction in resistance or damage of the ship.

Like the current speed/weight meta is boring and is not really how a wooden ship fights should be in my opinion.

The speed differences between the classes dose not make for great game play and fights. I would change the max speeds on the different classes, right now it just dose not make sense to me. Schooner should be the fastest, then brig and the galleon should be slowest.
   I will give you an example of how the max speed was in real life 16'th century time. Schooner 16 knots, Brig 12 knots and galleon 8 knots(Max speeds of those classes form the 16'th century). I am not saying that we need to go that slow but just balance the difference, so it fits more. You could go max speed schooner 30 knots, brig 24 knots and galleon 18 knots as an example. I believe that a galleon should always have support ships when in use, since they are large ships for company use!
   This would also create an objective for companies to protect there galleons and create fleets more often.

What do people think about this? Please try to keep an open mind and don't flame the people for there opinions.

Please like if you do agree 🙂

Best reguards
FightzGamer

Edited by Shepard_Fury
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This would also make more sense when you have grapple galleons. It is okay if you are able to grapple ships when you are a slow ship but right now galleons are way to fast.