BigBombz

Stuck tames should be pushed to firm ground by game.

So.. I was treasure hunting, of course the spot was on top of the cliff as usual. I had my tiger and my bear with me because it was quite high quality map. Long story short.. one of the guardians got stuck in a small crevise, and when I tried to kill it with my tiger my bear attacked that too pushing me and my tiger into the crevise where we too got stuck. Not only that but the bear jumped into the same crevise after that guardian. Now both my tames are stuck in there, floating in air and I have no way to get them out.
I think there should be an automatic detection by the game of floating tames (and player characters) and after some time they should be teleported to nearest firm ground. I don't believe that it would be impossible to code, and I can't really think any way to exploit that feature. At least pve should have this.

Theoretically you can set your tames to "following" and leave area for some time. After you back - most likely you'll find your tames on the ground somewhere.

Yeah try to get them to de-render after setting to follow.  Leave area for 30 minutes and come back.  I don't recall how long it takes so that sounds good.  🙂

I left the island and logged off once and came back to find my bear that was under the ground was back at the surface.

Edited by DocHolliday

9 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Yeah try to get them to de-render after setting to follow.  Leave area for 30 minutes and come back.  I don't recall how long it takes so that sounds good.  🙂

I left the island and logged off once and came back to find my bear that was under the ground was back at the surface.

Can confirm this mostly works. I've used this method before when I had critters stuck. Worst case scenario I had was they fell under the map sometimes when they would render in and start following.