Sign in to follow this  
Pufferfi5h

Squatters!

Does anyone know if there is a way of preventing other players from bombarding your area with random buildings/ship yards etc??  I went resource hunting yesterday, came back about two hours later to find the water way, where my base is, completely cut off due to large ships and ship yards blocking where my base and ship yard is... I now have to park my ship a long way away and run back to my base along the coast as I can't get close enough... not ideal when you have just collected a heaving haul of metal etc.

I'm just curious as to if there is a way to stop folks selfishly blocking bases etc.

I look forward to some advice and input.

pve; youre screwed. If its your own island then you can delete anything people place within the first 24 hours. 

pvp; blow it up.

• Like 2

OR you can enter a support ticket and pray someone still looks at them.  In the past I have seen cases where they removed ships/structure that were purposefully blocking people. 

Edited by DocHolliday

1. Blow it up.

2. If you cant blow it up, switch to PvP server, or accept that you agreed to play peacefully and enjoy your neighbors and thus have no recourse except to block them in too.

10 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

1. Blow it up.

2. If you cant blow it up, switch to PvP server, or accept that you agreed to play peacefully and enjoy your neighbors and thus have no recourse except to block them in too.

" accept that you agreed to play peacefully "

In your own words, so did those greifing him.

Next!

13 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

1. Blow it up.

or make it so boats dont have collision with other boats at x distance from the shore? or make it so players are forced to park in specific spots if they want to lower anchor? or create decks where people can park their shit? or from the 70 billion other solutions the one you like the most?

4 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

or make it so boats dont have collision with other boats at x distance from the shore? or make it so players are forced to park in specific spots if they want to lower anchor? or create decks where people can park their shit? or from the 70 billion other solutions the one you like the most?

First suggestion is just.. wauw. Second one makes sure you can be grieved so I wouldn’t do that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

Yeah, nah.

Rampaging through some bob's harbor with my galleon is one of the best feelings in this game..

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

" accept that you agreed to play peacefully "

In your own words, so did those greifing him.

Next!

Peacefully griefing, exactly. What the problem with what I said?

7 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

There is actually no real problem with the way it is now. The PvE crowd often forgets that this game was designed for PvP. It was not redesigned to facilitate PvE. They just turn off PvP ability and bam, there you go, a game mode that is simply an afterthought so as to include more people into the target demographic.

Regaurdless,  my solutions are what I would do. Your solutions are what you would do. The main difference being I dont need devs or other conditions to be met for my solutions.

I think a solution to some of the problems pvp and pve have would be to give us the ability to lower the anchor in any water, shallow or deep, shore or mid of sea. For one it would be more realistic anyway, and it would also mean people could literally live at sea. (until someone or some force sinks them o course). In sea of thieves they use the anchor all the time.

24 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

There is actually no real problem with the way it is now. The PvE crowd often forgets that this game was designed for PvP. It was not redesigned to facilitate PvE. They just turn off PvP ability and bam, there you go, a game mode that is simply an afterthought so as to include more people into the target demographic.

Regaurdless,  my solutions are what I would do. Your solutions are what you would do. The main difference being I dont need devs or other conditions to be met for my solutions.

well we have to be consequencial here, there are PvE servers since day 1 for a reason, so if there is PvE servers then those should not work in the same way PvP servers do, thats the real problem, the developers were so lazy but at the same time greedy that they misslead everyone by promising what the people wanted to have but never delivering, and in such a contradictory way that is rly hard to even understand, if they had sided with pvp players i could understand it, if they had sided with pve players i could understand it too, but they tried to appeal to both and pleased none of them, like WTF are they even doing?

9 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

I think a solution to some of the problems pvp and pve have would be to give us the ability to lower the anchor in any water, shallow or deep, shore or mid of sea. For one it would be more realistic anyway, and it would also mean people could literally live at sea. (until someone or some force sinks them o course). In sea of thieves they use the anchor all the time.

i wanted exactly that, for me the land is for famers and sea is for saillors, anyone could chose what the prefer. but no, they had to force sailors to spend most of the time at land while they made the sea boring and teidous, like do they even know the theme of the game is about sailing and being a pirate and so? but not only that, we are forced to live under someone else, like wtf, if i wanted my hardwork to depend on the psychological state of another person i would rather get one of those hot but crazy girlfriends.

11 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

well we have to be consequencial here, there are PvE servers since day 1 for a reason, so if there is PvE servers then those should not work in the same way PvP servers do, thats the real problem, the developers were so lazy but at the same time greedy that they misslead everyone by promising what the people wanted to have but never delivering, and in such a contradictory way that is rly hard to even understand, if they had sided with pvp players i could understand it, if they had sided with pve players i could understand it too, but they tried to appeal to both and pleased none of them, like WTF are they even doing?

They’re doing the same as in ARK. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

if they had sided with pve players i could understand it too, but they tried to appeal to both and pleased none of them, like WTF are they even doing? 

Factions man... factions. Im telling you. Also.... MOST PvE players seem to be really happy with the game when they aren't getting griefed.

1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

hey had to force sailors to spend most of the time at land while they made the sea boring and teidous, like do they even know the theme of the game is about sailing and being a pirate and so?

but not only that, we are forced to live under someone else, like wtf

Like I said before, sailors didn't want to spend all of their time at sea. While I agree there is a poor balance here, land raids and building/visiting friendly settlements was essential too pirate life. Certain aspects of ship maintenance could only be done while moored. Plus, having big ass period accurate manor kicks ass (from the outside anyway, all of my bases are just barns lol)

Also, no one is "making you farm" its pirate game. Go steal shit.

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

They’re doing the same as in ARK. 

Agreed; and they managed to import the same people who try and police/pillar spam everything they find.... on PvE.

2 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Agreed. Especially for maneuvering too.
I'd love to anchor turn some time at a cost to a bit of my plank HP.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Factions man... factions. Im telling you. Also.... MOST PvE players seem to be really happy with the game when they aren't getting griefed.

Like I said before, sailors didn't want to spend all of their time at sea. While I agree there is a poor balance here, land raids and building/visiting friendly settlements was essential too pirate life. Certain aspects of ship maintenance could only be done while moored. Plus, having big ass period accurate manor kicks ass (from the outside anyway, all of my bases are just barns lol)

Agreed; and they managed to import the same people who try and police/pillar spam everything they find.... on PvE.

Agreed. Especially for maneuvering too.
I'd love to anchor turn some time at a cost to a bit of my plank HP.

Pve is in a pretty nice spot. I enjoy the game at its best after I left the PvP. Atlas is after one year a good game but there are still things to work at before we can talk about release. 

10 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

well ofc i dont want to be at the sea 24/7, is only logical to go back to land to refill supplies or even raid, but gathering to refill takes too much time and raiding is not efficient with the current game settings, you go raid a place and you have to do like 20 trips just to transport the metal they had, i used to raid near the coast to minimize that time but it was still far better to just gather in my base with using my mounts, imo the ships are too small to fit the animals you need to do stuff properly, for that reason i built a galleon, but is expensive to maintain and the turning...omg the turning, i usually prefered to kill sotd and leave the loot on the sea than to go through the hassle of picking it up with a galleon, imo they should reduce the costs of everything or its weight or increase your weight capacity by a lot.

16 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

NO FACTIONS. They are terrible are RUIN open world PvP games, by making them not open PvP games.

This game was advertised as an open world PvP sandbox game. Factions are thematically opposed to that vision.

I am not sure that at any point the PvE mode advertised, beyond possibly mentioning it existed. The videos I saw clearly demonstrated PvP.

Most of the complaints I see are from PvE about griefers (outside of broken game functions ofc).

Hold the phone, you want less grieving and factions? That’s the same as saying you want the population of New York to grow but 10 mins later you drop an atomic bomb on it. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Plus, having big ass period accurate manor kicks ass no one is "making you farm" its pirate game. Go steal shit.

the same people who try and police/pillar spam everything they find.... on PvE.

7 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

you have to do like 20 trips just to transport the metal they had

but it was still far better to just gather in my base with using my mounts, imo the ships are too small to fit the animals you need to do stuff properly, for that reason i built a galleon, but is expensive to maintain and the turning

Ramble, ramble, ramble.

Hey, you kids, get off my lawn!

If they had factions, i'd play atlas pvp, as it would mean joining members would automatically have comrades (and enemies sure). But I understand why people don't want them. It may be noted that eso got rid of factions in the main game part a while ago, but tbh I preferred it.

9 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

But I understand why people don't want them. It may be noted that eso got rid of factions in the main game part a while ago, but tbh I preferred it.

It also completely ignores the fact that factions would have sovereign lands in addition to open PvP grids. Like that one other MMO that hangs over this game like a great big outer-space shaped cloud.

Well it would also get rid of the point of mega tribes as they are now. Reducing member numbers and associates hasn't worked..  whatever pvp solutions they opt for and directions they take, they are not going to please everyone.

What does sovereignty mean exactly? PVE while breeding bears in RP castles?

Factions would need content. However, the roadmap states no new content for a while, and I think stage one is still happening.

If there was a bonus/buff (nooo, lets nerf everything!) when doing faction vs another faction, and no bonus for faction vs own faction, while still keeping the 'vision of pvp persistent worlds that we can explore!", that might be fun. Other MMO's are meh.