ATLAS

Upcoming Patch and Happy Lunar New Year.

Ahoy Pathfinders,

🏮   HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR! 🏮

To kick off the new year, we’ll be releasing a new patch late next week for both PC and Xbox. It will feature a number of various bug fixes, QoL improvements, and balance tweaks in a similar vein as the update from this past December.

The biggest change that players will see this update is the reduction of the max player level from 150 to 120. We wanted to give the community advanced notice of this particular change since it’s a fairly large shift in how players’ characters will experience ATLAS. 

All players who have raised a character past level 120 should expect those characters’ levels to be reduced back to level 120 and all characters (regardless of level) will have their skill points automatically reset for free. As such, players will need to reassign their skill points upon logging in after the update is released next week.

We’ll be sharing the rest of the patch notes with you once it's released next week. In the meantime, we’ll be enabling 2x rates for experience points and harvesting this weekend and those rates will continue to stay active while we continue to explore additional changes to gaining experience, harvesting resources, and leveling up in general.

Until next week!

globy3.jpg

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

Grapeshot Games

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

... unless you re normalize the explorers per level.. this is going to just mean we need 20% more explores per level, doesn't it? 

so . . . you're going to make pvp even more unbalanced? a further reduction in nade damage? continue to ignore the same problems over and over? 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Okay, you guys really need to get a professional writer to do this stuff. Next time give us some good news about the patch, then the bad news and close out with good news. Extended 2x harvesting and xp isn't really good news when it's already a common thing to get.  I know you have to be smart about revealing upcoming patch info since it's not set in stone what's actually going to make it into the patch until its practically time to release. Gotta manage expectations and all. But please try to give us more good news than bad.

• Like 2

and balance tweaks in a similar vein as the update from this past December.

... Nerfing grenades (and by proxynerfing raiding any base built on the east side of the map? Like really you gave invulnerable bases to a whole SECTION OF THE MAP! COME ON!)
Buffing Swivels and puckels to god tier trash game play? I remember alot of post from top company's ASKING FOR THEM TO BE NERFED. the ground game is essentially gone now (at least from the fun we used to have now it Just run this swivel in a circle..... OH JOY!)
Not to mention The elegant fix you said we would have for gliding barrle bombs is essentially glider dont work for anything any more. Gliding to ship or divebombing on to a deck is near impossible (still possible just incredibly harder to maneuver as the glider will now go left and right when ever shift is held. Just make it if you holding a barrel you go down when you hit shift. )

so i am now expecting you to break the combat mechanics even more with that statement

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

Swivels and puckles are still easy to take down.... no base is invulnerable.

Then youre raiding bob's who cant build worth a damn i can make a base unraidable, there are pillar bases on the east side that you can puckel and are not hitable w large cannon barrages. granted the bases below and ships can all be sunk and destroyed but some bases are not raidable.

7 hours ago, BurgsideTiger said:

so . . . you're going to make pvp even more unbalanced? a further reduction in nade damage? continue to ignore the same problems over and over? 

how is it making it more unbalanced low level player have 0% chance to win against the 150 players now it increased  a little at least

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Devil4ngle said:

how is it making it more unbalanced low level player have 0% chance to win against the 150 players now it increased  a little at least

yeah man, lets nerf everything!! thats how you balance stuff!! derp

• Confused 1

Hi guys, this is good news that you are aiming for a better balance of stuff 🙂 Please consider removing the crab ability to jump on land and make it just run faster(Like a real crab) Don't make it run sideways tho 😛 

People should stop being so frustrated and be happy that we have this large scale game in our amazing lives 🙂 Happy Lunar new year to you all 🇩🇰

Edited by Shepard_Fury
  • Like 1

How about fixing the issue with tames flying off the ships and vanishing into thin air? I went from G8 to N9, starting with 21 tames, ending with 18. 

Yeah man we all wanted puckle and swivel dmg increased, what is wrong with us that makes it appear to some newbies that we are crying.

What exactly did we get here, angry boy?

Edited by eeeceee

PVE players always come here and talk about the toxic community being cry babies. Meanwhile they sit in their RP castles raising baby bears and playing the drums. 

2x weekend boosts are really running thin. This is NOT  substitute for additional content, fixing BASIC gameplay mechanics, resolving performance issues, and COMMUNICATING WITH THE COMMUNITY. I mean jesus . . . even this update was half assed: we have some new things we are working on. . . kind of the same has some prior updates . . . we'll get to it next week and maybe get you a changelog once we decide what xmas changes we are going to revert and call it "retooled". 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Yeah man we all wanted puckle and swivel dmg increased, what is wrong with us that makes it appear to some newbies that we are crying.

What exactly did we get here, angry boy?

There are more changes coming silly. Read the blog. It's not just you "wanting puckle and swivel dmg increased" that makes you and most of the PvP community sound like cry babies.

22 hours ago, BurgsideTiger said:

PVE players always come here and talk about the toxic community being cry babies. Meanwhile they sit in their RP castles raising baby bears and playing the drums. 

Yeah man, how dare they have fun. They should be constantly pissed off too.

2 hours ago, Alasson said:

pls consider fix underwater rocks, pillars don't work if you place them on them

thanks 🙂

Pillars do work inside rocks, you just have to snap things using Q inside of them, sadly. I agree though, this needs  to be made easier

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Like 1

Good afternoon der Pirats.

Correct at least 2-3 critical errors, of which 3 dozen are in stock?

1. In particular - the random disappearance of any parts of structures built by players including chests and lining of ships (their subsequent flooding) when leaving them on the basis of further 1 sector of the map? (dedicated and official servers)

2. Will the players appearing under the textures or falling under them after stunning players on dedicated servers?

3. Critical crashes of the game client when using an anchor in shallow water on vessels with low landing (Brigantine, Galleon)?

4. Players are stuck in vertical staircases (in particular the emergency staircase of all ships) in case of building up the top of the stairs. With the subsequent becoming invisible to both the player and the ship, in case you transferred to the server at the time of this bug)

5. Spawn creachers  in player structures (home and ships)

6. Passing through the bottom of the ship. Despite assurances to the contrary, a bug with passing through the bottom of the ship was not removed. during a strong wind in a sea storm when there is a decent pitching with waves - being directly under the ship, clinging to the skin, moves you or other player creatures inside the ship. (apparently, as in paragraph 3. skeletal ship models hit the player’s model but in clause 3. the intersection with the “bottom” of the ship’s keel map causes the client to crash, and in the case of players and creatures teleport slightly forward and upward through the texture.)

7.Ship weight system, where the parameter * maximum number of crew members * is harmful

This from time to time creates the danger of flooding your vessel with gulls appearing inside decks (see the previous paragraphs). It is also actively used by grippers to stoke ships of players offline using game vulnerabilities ..

Edited by Gaskull

5 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

There are more changes coming silly. Read the blog. It's not just you "wanting puckle and swivel dmg increased" that makes you and most of the PvP community sound like cry babies.

Pillars do work inside rocks, you just have to snap things using Q inside of them, sadly. I agree though, this needs  to be made easier

Pillars work inside rocks where you can glitch a pillar inside, the problem is there are rocks that DON'T make you build inside cuz they are huge.

They create a major problem if you are trying to build a structure over the sea, like a wall, harbor or towers

I'm not the only reporting this bug:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/3247562523086824935/

Edited by Alasson

I'd be ecstatic if I just got a response to my ticket. When you get totally surrounded by an enemy's wall and can't get water, food, tame or even go to sea, I'd say it's a game breaker. And can anyone explain how someone else can place a lighthouse halfway through your base so you can't access half your stuff? Griefing at it's best. SMH

• Haha 1

do you plan to open small tribes servers? because honestly the big tribes dominate and the small ones can do nothing on atlas . 

59 minutes ago, Fabulus said:

do you plan to open small tribes servers? because honestly the big tribes dominate and the small ones can do nothing on atlas . 

If you think that will fix anything, I can sell you a bridge, real cheap. They tried the small tribes with ARK. Fact is, players use a tool like Discord to organize and coordinate. Which tribe they belong to is just a small inconvenience. They don't rely on tribe chat, they have something like Discord for that, so 10 different small tribes can organize and dominate just about as easily as one large tribe.

18 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

We didn't want puckle and swivel dmg increased, you misread my post because you have no clue what you're talking about. Did you notice the posters above talking about invulnerable / very annoying bases?

What changes? I read the blog, silly.

Those drums sure are fun?

Somehow I doubt you've ever built in a rock.