Ronnie king

War on pve?

Can I declare war on pve?that would be so to be able too do that having control over the war times and having to accept the invitation is how it should be cuz then you can sleep in peace lmao

I think all PvP includes PvE. So if you can declare war, then you are playing PvP.

I don't play PvP, but if I understand the current rules, you claim an island and set an allowed PvP time for each day. Other parts of the day are PvE only. You can use the Settlement War Declaration to over-rule the designated PvP times for the island. It is not cheap to do that though, says in the wiki, 500 x 3 crystal, 500 x 3 gem, 40,000 gold.

10 hours ago, Ronnie king said:

Dang thank you I think they should make a pvx server 🙂 hahhahah

We've been asking for this for a year now. Some private servers run a PVPVE mix that works well. For instance, I played on a custom 4X4 grid where the middle 4 zones were PvP zones and on a 5X5 where the middle row and middle column were PvP and the rest was PvE. It was pretty cool. No reason Grapeshot can't do something like. 

20 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

We've been asking for this for a year now. Some private servers run a PVPVE mix that works well. For instance, I played on a custom 4X4 grid where the middle 4 zones were PvP zones and on a 5X5 where the middle row and middle column were PvP and the rest was PvE. It was pretty cool. No reason Grapeshot can't do something like. 

If you do run a PvPvE type of server, don't fool yourself into thinking this will be a place where both PvP and PvE players can play. It is a server for PvP players. Many PvP players also like a safe place where their base will not be raided and where they can gather resources. Once ready they can move to or travel to the PvP area which is usually set for higher danger and rewards. Most PvE players do not want to play on a PvPvE server. They play on a PvE server to avoid the drama, the competition, the destruction made by PvP players. A server that is half PvE and half PvP is a server that a PvE player can only play on one half of. And even in the PvE section, they will have to see the drama and toxic behavior in chat and other places from the PvP players.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, wildbill said:

If you do run a PvPvE type of server, don't fool yourself into thinking this will be a place where both PvP and PvE players can play. It is a server for PvP players. Many PvP players also like a safe place where their base will not be raided and where they can gather resources. Once ready they can move to or travel to the PvP area which is usually set for higher danger and rewards. Most PvE players do not want to play on a PvPvE server. They play on a PvE server to avoid the drama, the competition, the destruction made by PvP players. A server that is half PvE and half PvP is a server that a PvE player can only play on one half of. And even in the PvE section, they will have to see the drama and toxic behavior in chat and other places from the PvP players.

All assumptions on your part and incorrect in the case of the 2 servers I played on. It's all based on the Admin and rule sets. The players all traded and helped each other and the PvP areas were there because the Admin were awesome and we built a community arena and had events like treasure hunts. You could participate or not and it really didn't impact the PvE side. People that built in the PvP areas could only be raided/attacked at certain times and only IF they were online. Violation of the rules were strictly enforced and players were banned for a week for 1st offense and permanently for 2nd offense. For the most part we had zero problems as most of the core group was mature players who understood rules, consequences, and accountability. Unfortunately, the servers only lasted a few months each due to the cost and the number of players who gave up on the game due to bugs and lack of progress in development.  

So it can be done, you just have active admin and mods and who must occasionally take out the "trash". 

1 hour ago, Sydhart said:

All assumptions on your part and incorrect in the case of the 2 servers I played on. It's all based on the Admin and rule sets. The players all traded and helped each other and the PvP areas were there because the Admin were awesome and we built a community arena and had events like treasure hunts. You could participate or not and it really didn't impact the PvE side. People that built in the PvP areas could only be raided/attacked at certain times and only IF they were online. Violation of the rules were strictly enforced and players were banned for a week for 1st offense and permanently for 2nd offense. For the most part we had zero problems as most of the core group was mature players who understood rules, consequences, and accountability. Unfortunately, the servers only lasted a few months each due to the cost and the number of players who gave up on the game due to bugs and lack of progress in development.

So it can be done, you just have active admin and mods and who must occasionally take out the "trash". 

You can't use private severs to argue that, as all the players know or want that system when they join, so only people happy with that set up play there. So there is no surprise it works for those playing there.

1 hour ago, Sydhart said:

That last sentence is what I'm talking about. The "trash" do show up, they seldom go quietly. So for me, this is a non-starter.  Sure you can make it work, but if you have PvP, you are always going to have drama.

Now PvE does have the rule breakers too, although they break rules that are kind of dumb. Like many servers don't allow you to destroy other players stuff when the timer is up. You can't go in some other players base even if they have no doors on their doorways. You can't claim tames that become claimable. I find all that kind of stuff fun, but if that is the rules, then I try my best to follow them.

8 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

You can't use private severs to argue that, as all the players know or want that system when they join, so only people happy with that set up play there. So there is no surprise it works for those playing there.

Ya, I think the thread is about PvPvE on official servers. Sorry, I think I'm the one that side tracked it to all the private servers that are already configured that way, and in my opinion, don't work as some would think. I was talking about private, since that is the only place this exists. But extend it to official, and there will be no rules, just the game mechanics, and then it will be even truer, it will be mostly PvP players. PvP players will definitely find ways to exploit the fact that there are PvE areas where they can not be attacked. I can imagine all kinds of hit and run on the PvP side next to the PvE section.

Maybe this is what PvP players will want, and if they do, give it to them I say. I just won't be participating, since I play PvE.

Edited by wildbill

i think id like an area to go to where maybe i can do Ship PVP and just risk the ship and crew but not my entire base/ fleet. maybe have some kind of wager between parties just to have a bit of fun and a reason to build warships. 

Edited by Lemming
typo

1 hour ago, Lemming said:

i think id like an area to go to where maybe i can do Ship PVP and just risk the ship and crew but not my entire base/ fleet. maybe have some kind of wager between parties just to have a bit of fun and a reason to build warships. 

There are private servers that do just that. On some, they even spawn in the ships for you. You get a few minutes to customize is slightly to your liking and then you fight it out. At the end there is likely some reward for the winner of some sort. Others have rules about exactly which type of ship and how customized it can be, but you build it yourself. One player was telling me about a server that just roles back the whole serer after an hours long PvP battle. If you want it, someone has probably thought of it and is already doing it occasionally.

Yes wildbill but if I'm using a ship I grind for and blueprints I own then it adds an actual risk and an actual loss. And the wager would add an actual usable gain on public servers. I like PvE but sometimes I'm in the mood to build a new ship so I can use one I dont care about and send it out with a bang. Or I can use all those fancy BP's I've been collecting to make a real profit. On my terms and its be my choice to participate.  I dont gave to come back after 2 days off to find I'm wiped out and all my ships are gone like in PvP