gumbyc

Open treasure maps and crashing

I've been told it's not polite to complain about multiple items in one post, so I'll try to contain myself event if there are more bugs to talk about.

Blackwoods...unofficial servers....in other words, servers we pay for.

There has been a serious lack of patches issued by Grapeshot recently. Are they still in business ? Did they give up on us ? Regardless, here goes nothing. When we open a treasure map to look at it, that action crashes the game. This has been going on for quite a while and only happens on multiple private servers, as far as I know. I and others has submitted bug reports on this and don't understand why it has not been fixed or addressed.

One the the biggest complaints for players and me, is we never know what's going on when we submit bug reports. Did you get it ?, is it something your working on?, is it just a fluke with a players computer?, what's the status? I feel like a mushroom when I submit bugs, kept in the dark and fed crap. There must be a better way. 

Well this particular bug is documented fairly well. Is only on Blackwood servers, all modes of play.

There is an easy workaround too. That is also documented and discussed a few times already in this forum and others.

The response from Grapeshot Games does feel lacking. I've read a lot about this one bug, but never seen one response from the devs as to when it will be fixed.

I'm giving this game another month or two to start getting some attention. If that doesn't happen, I'm looking for another game to play. The game is playable, but only if you chose how you play it carefully. Currently, Blackwood does not look like the best choice for how to play Atlas.

Thank god Atlas is in a good state right now (official), if not the game would be shit to play.  As for the maps, you don’t need to open the maps to check where the treasure is at, I barely do that. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1