Pufferfi5h

PVP PC Mods Vs XBox - Crossplay

Quick questions for all you boffins out there:

I have swayed away from playing PVP on this game due to the ability of downloading MODs on PC, yet the inability to mirror on XBox.  Is there a way of preventing the download of resource MODs etc on PC, especially as this is now a cross platform game?  If not, how is it controlled as this would, in my opinion, give the PC members of the community, the added advantage in many aspects of the game.

As always, your constructive feedback is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. 😘

5 hours ago, Pufferfi5h said:

Quick questions for all you boffins out there:

I have swayed away from playing PVP on this game due to the ability of downloading MODs on PC, yet the inability to mirror on XBox.  Is there a way of preventing the download of resource MODs etc on PC, especially as this is now a cross platform game?  If not, how is it controlled as this would, in my opinion, give the PC members of the community, the added advantage in many aspects of the game.

As always, your constructive feedback is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. 😘

What MODs?

Mods are run on the server first, and then, if you connect to that server, those same Mods are loaded by your game.  If you disconnect and reconnect, those mods are again loaded for that session.  This only works for a PC running the game through Steam and connecting to a PC server.  It does not matter which Mods a user subscribes, the only Mods that are loaded are those that the server runs.

However, as I recall, a Crossplay server does not allow Mods, as the XBox client cannot use Mods.   There would be many issues if, somehow, players were allowed to connect without their gaming session loading the mods being run by the server; missing structures, issues with stack sizes/weights, missing items, etc.