Pufferfi5h

PVE Land Claiming on Official

Okay, so I'm a relative noob on Atlas but have played a hell of a lot of Ark so am not new to the general concept of this game.

I'm currently loving the game but have a slight issue with something that I have noticed:

On PVE Official, all of the islands have been claimed, and rightly so as time has passed prior to my arrival lol... but, the issue I have is that there dosn't appear to be any way to make a claim for an island, or so I can see. 

How does a new player to the game, like me, get the chance to stake their claim on a piece of land in order to collect taxes from visiting players?  Everything I've read so far mentions about decayed flags etc but I'd simply like some advice as to whether or not it's worth trying to scout a new home outside of the Lawless Lands.

Any advice, is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Some of the islands in my grid have changed hands 3 or 4 times since the last relaunch.  Look around for for an island that seems to have little to no activity on it.  Maybe combine that with a long sailing trip to get discovery points.  The population isn't that high, and the flags do expire.

• Like 1

All flags decay after 10 days of inactivity. It doesn't matter if they throw 2 million gold in them, no one from that company logs into that grid for that period of time, then poof. Island becomes claimable. You would need to be extremely lucky to just randomly find one though. Those that want it, watch and when a timer gets down to a day or so have already made preparations to be there the second the timer goes. Good luck. Another way would be if the flag runs out of gold, but since gold is stupid easy to get and basically has no real purpose don't count on that happening either. Since the only effective way to level beyond 65ish is to do 100s of maps, most people have more gold stockpiled than they will ever spend before they get bored and move on.

why would you pay upkeep on an island that is not even fully yours because of the 24 hour building rule.

there is no reason to pay gold, because you have the same advantages/dis on laweless servers.

24 hour window to keep griefers away from your island is a joke.

even if you claim an island and then decide to not pay upkeep anymore, you could have pillard the whole island and some places with beds for easy spawning so you keep the island even if someone else pays it, he can not build sh.. on his island

this is why we needed the raze option that was removed! what a mistake. yes for pve needed.

anyway the claiming system will be updated again for sure, stated to happen in phase 4.

Edited by photek