Shepard_Fury

We need more information, where are we on the roadmap?

7 hours ago, Sau said:

ignore that braindead white knight

even steamcharts are wrong because you cant count all the players on privat servers. only the players on official servers are important and these numbers are super low.

20 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Not really white knighting bro. Just sick of the entitlement and silliness I only see from this gaming community.

Game has 12k+ daily players on Steam, plus however much from Xbox that doesn't get reported. Game is alive and thriving. Don't listen to forum chuds.

Well Sau, I know what ya mean. I recall before the xbox release and that "big update" that coincided around the same time, the NA PVP server was peaking out at about 150 players across the entire grid. NA PVE was peaking out around 200, EU servers were about 200-250 respectively the rest of the players were on private, which were still abysmally low numbers.

And the true irony here is even when ATLAS was dipping into all time lows of below 1000 and around 1500 players daily(most being in private servers), there were people still on the forums even then claiming the game was healthy in it's playerbase. And it's a mind blowing statement to see people say that, when it is incredibly easy to pull up things like steams own player tracker, or steamcharts or steamspy, or any of the other trackers that show approx. units sold based on user accounts that publically own the game. 

Then folks like Ol boy pegleg up there, "Dont listen to forum chuds the game is super healthy" but then they chud it up and say things like "U mad bruh" when you point out that having 0.5-1% of players playing isnt healthy, nor does it fit the definition of thriving. I was honestly hoping for more man. Like an actual discussion on the real health of the game, not imaginary perceptions.  

We all had big hopes for this genre of game, both survival and pirate theme. Pretending the game is healthy or isn't severely flawed in a lot of regards or mismanaged/neglected in a lot of ways isn't going to help it get better.

Edited by Inigo
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Then folks like Ol boy pegleg up there, "Dont listen to forum chuds the game is super healthy" but then they chud it up and say things like "U mad bruh" when you point out that having 0.5-1% of players playing isnt healthy, nor does it fit the definition of thriving. I was honestly hoping for more man. Like an actual discussion on the real health of the game, not imaginary perceptions. 

Are you high? Who cares about the number of people who got the game and only played once. Thats like saying "American Football is dying because only .2% of peewee players make it to the NFL." Also, 12-15k of 50k is not ".5-1%."  Not that percentage of purchasers playing actually matters, that's just a figure you pulled out of your ass to continue to justify your 'dead gaem' circlejerk. Case in point: Rust only has 2% of people who ever bought it playing it right now, still a top 10 game on steam. Then you have absolute pine-cones like @Sau who think that singple-play dont count. Completely ignoring the fact that Xbox stats aren't even reported.

WNDbKQf.pngqdcDfje.jpg

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

17 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Also, 12-15k of 50k is not ".5-1%."

That is the only remotely accurate thing you have said so far. 12-15k of 50k is definitely not .5-1%, it would be 24-30%.

HUGE difference I admit, you got me there, the math is sound. You are right good Sir. Unfortunately I distinctly recall saying 12k was .5-1% out of 1,000,000-2,000,000.

And yes, the percentage of players playing, actually does matter. 

You cited Rust. Rust is a game title that is 7 years old, and still has a much higher percentile of players still playing and is still growing. Rust is pretty dedicated to bug fixes, content growth, anti-cheat(including hardware bans)., and sustains itself on more than just selling units of the game. 

All of the things that ATLAS developers do not do. Rust is thriving.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

HUGE difference I admit, you got me there, the math is sound. You are right good Sir. Unfortunately I distinctly recall saying 12k was .5-1% out of 1,000,000-2,000,000.

Hey, galaxy brain: No game on Steam has that many players.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

AKSHULLY

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

You cited Rust. Rust is a game title that is 7 years old, and still has a much higher percentile of players still playing and is still growing. Rust is pretty dedicated to bug fixes, content growth, anti-cheat(including hardware bans)., and sustains itself on more than just selling units of the game. 

All of the things that ATLAS developers do not do. Rust is thriving. 

If you recall Rust also dipped down to 3k players. Right around a year after Nu-Rust came out... huh...WEIRD. It's like big player lulls happen when EA hype dies and new games come out.

Guess its just coincidence that player counts are going up steadily as the devs balance and optimize things in the background.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

% of players vs what? Those who bought the game at anywhere from $5-$30? No son, that does not matter to anyone. I have several games for that price I have never even loaded.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

It would be categorically unfair to compare a finished and released game to an EA title with as yet no real advertising. Also still 11 months left on the original development clock before the scheduled release.

boot lickers preconceptions aside, GS is the only company i've ever known that has handled their games player base in such a way that they have and its not a good look.

spin it any which way you like but it's obvious the games population is dying AGAIN. the game has barely gotten anywhere for the past year of its planned 2 year development. the devs don't say or do jack to keep this community interested/growing (unless you count the inclusion of xbox) and instead the devs seem to have abandoned this games development in order to work on ark while potentially major competitors like starbase, new world and lost oasis are about to steal a huge swath of atlas's last remaining now disenfranchised playerbase. 

what your condescending and mental midget arguments don't seem to address is that 99% percent of the people freaking out and complaining right now, are doing so because we love this fucking game and have huge ambition and hope that atlas stays relevant and constantly evolving in a positive way, which it currently is not.

idk about you but this shit is hitting me right in the feels. like my wife is cheating on me with my brother or some shit...

i just wanna cry. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

instead the devs seem to have abandoned this games development in order to work on ark while potentially major competitors like starbase, new world and lost oasis are about to steal a huge swath of atlas's last remaining now disenfranchised playerbase. 

"Fallout 76 is going to kill Rust, Ark, and PUBG!"

New World: Not likely to even touch Atlas. Will flop. Amazon Game Studios doesn't have a good track record making fun games. New World is meant to show off what Lumberyard can do.

Last Oasis: Maybe. We'll see.. Ive only seen trailers so far. Waiting on my beta invite. Really doubt it though. Building battle Straandbeasts appeals to a different crowd than building Ships of the Line.

Starbase: lol no. Space is boring very quickly. I mean, its literally noothing.

what your condescending and mental midget arguments don't seem to address is that 99% percent of the people freaking out and complaining right now, are doing so because we love this fucking game and have huge ambition and hope that atlas stays relevant and constantly evolving in a positive way, which it currently is not.

I really wouldn't use the term "disenfranchised." It's just a game man. If people on this forum "love this game" they have a peculiar way of showing it.  I  don't see how you can say, or anyone can say the "game is dying again" when population keeps going up, and Xbox is just in love with this game.

Four out of five stars on Xbox; for a buggy as fuck EA title. Think about that.

Have you checked the Steam store page lately either?
Not long ago recent and all reviews were both OVERWHELMINGLY negative.

Now look:

u9qd6Wo.png

Both the claim that 'the game is dying' and 'its getting worse' are just not congruent with reality.

It falls right in line with clowns who think that "game studios don't work on multiple projects at once" and that "releasing Xbox was a money grab." Look, it's obvious some people on this forum don't know that studios work on several projects at once, and generally, you try to support all platforms at once. Games would take decades to fully roll out if they did it that way *cough Halo: Master Cheif Collection on PC cough* shit sorry I just had some WORK ON TWO DIFFERENT PLATFORMS ONE AFTER THE OTHER stuck in my throat.

I don't  know how else to explain that "this is the normal Early Access experience, you signed up for this, stop being nasty to the devs."They are on boarding just for this game. Go check, you can go to WCs website and see. Erick was hired to do take over design. Like, I dont see how you all can't see that the devs are trying very hard to turn the ship around. The same thing is going on with Ark as well.

My goodness, the complaints about communication or lack there of? This is where my complaints about so many people here begin. "Three months with no communication" that we were completely forewarned about. Let alone that three months is kind of short as far as dev cycles go.

boot lickers preconceptions aside, GS is the only company i've ever known that has handled their games player base in such a way that they have and its not a good look.

This is the only game community I have ever been a part of that is this nasty and entitled at the devs. The reason the devs don't communicate is because this forum and the Discord abuse the shit out of them. Better yet?  They let you do it. You'd never get away with this on any other EA forums, save for maybe Rust/FP... but Gary would just be nasty back at you instead.

"It's not a good look"

lol no lmfao

These devs are saints to put up with everyone's shit and not just close feedback entirely. That's not to say I want to suck Jat's donger here. I fucking hate so much about the design of this game. You have no idea how much I want to go to the studio and throw stinky lettuce leafs at everyone's cars some days. But you know what.... I keep those feelings inside.

This community is super abusive and entitled to these devs. You wonder why they don't talk.

Now the fact that Gorgons Gaze - L6 is still fucking down; really chaps my rump

idk about you but this shit is hitting me right in the feels. like my wife is cheating on me with my brother or some shit...

i just wanna cry. 

I don't know if you are serious or not. If that's the case... it's time to play another game mango. Just give it a break for a bit. The game will still be here when you get back. Maybe not your stuff, but that gets wiped periodically anyway, no? Going hard in this game is an exercise in futility. I hope you understand that.

It's why I keep telling you guys to not be so entitled about the game, that, if you don't enjoy it, that's on you. This game  is what you make of it. The bugs really don't break anything major, let's be real. That's S1/S2 shit.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

2 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

New World: Not likely to even touch Atlas. Will flop. Amazon Game Studios doesn't have a good track record making fun games. New World is meant to show off what Lumberyard can do.

Last Oasis: Maybe. We'll see.. Ive only seen trailers so far. Waiting on my beta invite. Really doubt it though. Building battle Straandbeasts appeals to a different crowd than building Ships of the Line.

I really wouldn't use the term "disenfranchised." It's just a game man. If people on this forum "love this game" they have a peculiar way of showing it.  I  don't see how you can say, or anyone can say the "game is dying again" when population keeps going up, and Xbox is just in love with this game.

Now look:

u9qd6Wo.png

Both the claim that 'the game is dying' and 'its getting worse' are just not congruent with reality.

It falls right in line with clowns who think that "game studios don't work on multiple projects at once" and that "releasing Xbox was a money grab." Look, it's obvious some people on this forum don't know that studios work on several projects at once, and generally, you try to support all platforms at once. Games would take decades to fully roll out if they did it that way *cough Halo: Master Cheif Collection on PC cough* shit sorry I just had some WORK ON TWO DIFFERENT PLATFORMS ONE AFTER THE OTHER stuck in my throat.

I don't  know how else to explain that "this is the normal Early Access experience, you signed up for this, stop being nasty to the devs."They are on boarding just for this game. Go check, you can go to WCs website and see. Erick was hired to do take over design. Like, I dont see how you all can't see that the devs are trying very hard to turn the ship around. The same thing is going on with Ark as well.

My goodness, the complaints about communication or lack there of? This is where my complaints about so many people here begin. "Three months with no communication" that we were completely forewarned about. Let alone that three months is kind of short as far as dev cycles go.

This is the only game community I have ever been a part of that is this nasty and entitled at the devs. The reason the devs don't communicate is because this forum and the Discord abuse the shit out of them. Better yet?  They let you do it. You'd never get away with this on any other EA forums, save for maybe Rust/FP... but Gary would just be nasty back at you instead.

"It's not a good look"

lol no lmfao

These devs are saints to put up with everyone's shit and not just close feedback entirely. That's not to say I want to suck Jat's donger here. I fucking hate so much about the design of this game. You have no idea how much I want to go to the studio and throw stinky lettuce leafs at everyone's cars some days. But you know what.... I keep those feelings inside.

This community is super abusive and entitled to these devs. You wonder why they don't talk.

I don't know if you are serious or not. If that's the case... it's time to play another game mango. Just give it a break for a bit. The game will still be here when you get back. Maybe not your stuff, but that gets wiped periodically anyway, no? Going hard in this game is an exercise in futility. I hope you understand that.

It's why I keep telling you guys to not be so entitled about the game, that, if you don't enjoy it, that's on you. This game  is what you make of it. The bugs really don't break anything major, let's be real. That's S1/S2 shit.

Tbh I only accept one more wipe when it's necessary. But after that I'm out and play games that are worth my time when it comes to more wipes. I won't deal anymore with this fuckery wipes. 

3 hours ago, Caine said:

Tbh I only accept one more wipe when it's necessary. But after that I'm out and play games that are worth my time when it comes to more wipes. I won't deal anymore with this fuckery wipes. 

You should stop playing Early Access then.

21 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

You should stop playing Early Access then.

Atlas is the first title I ever played in EA that needs tons of wipes. That's why your answer cannot be tolerated here. After 3 EA games I played, Atlas is by far the only one where wipes happen. 

Tbh Atlas feels more like a closed beta than an EA title and that's how things should be. 

EA doesn't mean wipes are hard needed like we see it here in Atlas. I played enough EA, Beta and closed Beta/Alpha to talk about that. 

Edit: When you are interested in the difference then you can read it here:

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/364040166686353959/

It's a pretty nice explanation of EA, beta and alpha. 

Edited by Caine

4 hours ago, Caine said:

Atlas is the first title I ever played in EA that needs tons of wipes. That's why your answer cannot be tolerated here. After 3 EA games I played, Atlas is by far the only one where wipes happen.  

Rust is built around wipes tho... Not saying Atlas should be, but; wipes became part of the gameplay of Rust

Just saying.... It's not unheard of and actually pretty normal at this stage. Especially since we have only had three in one year.

4 hours ago, Caine said:

EA doesn't mean wipes are hard needed like we see it here in Atlas. I played enough EA, Beta and closed Beta/Alpha to talk about that. 

Not you too....

11 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Now look:

u9qd6Wo.png

"It's not a good look"

lol no lmfao

Wow, just wow,  arguing every point but the one that matters. LACK OF COMMUNICATION.

Please just so I can have a good laugh, explain the difference in communication over the last 12 months, captains logs, competitions, non-reliance on discord, posts and replies.

24 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Wow, just wow,  arguing every point but the one that matters. LACK OF COMMUNICATION. 

Please just so I can have a good laugh, explain the difference in communication over the last 12 months, captains logs, competitions, non-reliance on discord, posts and replies.

A lack of communication we were forewarned about. I dont see why this requires angery times my dude.

25 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

A lack of communication we were forewarned about. I dont see why this requires angery times my dude.

Even with the warning, are you content with the state of community engagement?

Not angry, more like apathetic towards Grapshot at this point.

1 hour ago, Jack Shandy said:

Even with the warning, are you content with the state of community engagement?

It's ... fine?

Exactly what I expect from any developer?

13 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

It's ... fine?

Exactly what I expect from any developer?

you have to be trolling, you do know what alpha means rights

1 hour ago, FrotsyMan said:

you have to be trolling, you do know what alpha means rights

Obviously you don't, or else you would have posted a definition.

Do you guys like it to diggilido each other in the butt or what lol. Can you discuss like human beings pls 😂

Edited by Caine

On 1/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, PeglegTheAngry said:

Now look:

u9qd6Wo.png

"It's not a good look"

lol no lmfao

Conan EA, the forums were just as bad.

On 1/29/2020 at 9:32 PM, Caine said:

Tbh Atlas feels more like a closed beta than an EA title and that's how things should be. 

The only other game I've played EA was Conan. They had way more many wipes than Atlas has had.

On 1/29/2020 at 6:32 PM, Caine said:

Two wipes in a year isn't a lot and most people don't even count the first wipe(1 month in) because the flag claim system needed a change. I have been playing in Alpha - Beta - EA games for over 20 years now. EA is "usually" meant to be a closed Beta stage. However, some companies under EA release their games in a late alpha stage to help fund the games development. You may think this is an immoral practice(to some it would look that way) but no one is forcing you to buy or play the game, we live in a free market. Wipes are fine to me in a game that is still being developed because the changes they make will sometimes change the direction of the game and implementing it could cause data wipes anyway. If they need wipes to progress the game then I support it. If you are frustrated about the wipes then maybe you should wait for the game to be finished first before you focus your time into something you know may or may not be wiped.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:54 AM, Enki Anunnaki said:

spin it any which way you like but it's obvious the games population is dying AGAIN. the game has barely gotten anywhere for the past year of its planned 2 year development. the devs don't say or do jack to keep this community interested/growing (unless you count the inclusion of xbox) and instead the devs seem to have abandoned this games development in order to work on ark while potentially major competitors like starbase, new world and lost oasis are about to steal a huge swath of atlas's last remaining now disenfranchised playerbase. 

i just wanna cry. 

Steam charts shows it has doubled average players and peak players since October 2019. That is not including the Xbox players. Your dying game argument is dying. For someone who apparently "loves this fucking game" you have a lot of doubt and negativity towards the game, its supporters, and its developers. I don't feel entitled enough to demand the devs communicate with me. This is my first post on the official forums and I have been playing since launch and have been enjoying, mostly, every minute of it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bustaddawg said:

Two wipes in a year isn't a lot and most people don't even count the first wipe(1 month in) because the flag claim system needed a change. I have been playing in Alpha - Beta - EA games for over 20 years now. EA is "usually" meant to be a closed Beta stage. However, some companies under EA release their games in a late alpha stage to help fund the games development. You may think this is an immoral practice(to some it would look that way) but no one is forcing you to buy or play the game, we live in a free market. Wipes are fine to me in a game that is still being developed because the changes they make will sometimes change the direction of the game and implementing it could cause data wipes anyway. If they need wipes to progress the game then I support it. If you are frustrated about the wipes then maybe you should wait for the game to be finished first before you focus your time into something you know may or may not be wiped.

Steam charts shows it has doubled average players and peak players since October 2019. That is not including the Xbox players. Your dying game argument is dying. For someone who apparently "loves this fucking game" you have a lot of doubt and negativity towards the game, its supporters, and its developers. I don't feel entitled enough to demand the devs communicate with me. This is my first post on the official forums and I have been playing since launch and have been enjoying, mostly, every minute of it.

doubled average players lmao... i'm sorry i don't consider 5.5k all that much better than 3.5k.. especially a year after the EA release thats started with 55k players. my doubt rests solely on the developers and their inability to commit to atlas, nothing else. a game like this lives and dies because of its playerbase and the devs are supposed to be the ones that keep the playerbase entertained and invested..  if you actually looked at the charts,  it takes a bigger dip in players each time the devs fail to deliver on their promises.. and take longer and longer to release anything of substance whatsoever. an explanation and some engagement with the community would go a very long way...  congratulations, your thoughts about "entitlement" are irrelevant mr first post since you've supposedly been playing on launch. lmao. youre not even remotely invested. i've been active in the same large company since day one and have influenced a lot of changes already made since then. i don't understand where you think you're coming from, but me i'm here because i love this game. dont much give a fuck what you think. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

5 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

doubled average players lmao... i'm sorry i don't consider 5.5k all that much better than 3.5k.. especially a year after the EA release thats started with 55k players. my doubt rests solely on the developers and their inability to commit to atlas, nothing else. a game like this lives and dies because of its playerbase and the devs are supposed to be the ones that keep the playerbase entertained and invested..  if you actually looked at the charts,  it takes a bigger dip in players each time the devs fail to deliver on their promises.. and take longer and longer to release anything of substance whatsoever. an explanation and some engagement with the community would go a very long way...  congratulations, your thoughts about "entitlement" are irrelevant mr first post since you've supposedly been playing on launch. lmao. youre not even remotely invested. i've been active in the same large company since day one and have influenced a lot of changes already made since then. i don't understand where you think you're coming from, but me i'm here because i love this game. dont much give a fuck what you think. 

Taking the 55K as standard is a very dumb thing to do. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Percieval said:

Taking the 55K as standard is a very dumb thing to do. 

probably a good thing i never implied 55k was the standard then, just what this game started with.