Shepard_Fury

We need more information, where are we on the roadmap?

Just to say about xbox players not using chat, although you find this in most games anyway, the voice mode in atlas  for xbox doesn't always work and typing a message with a virtual keyboard in a survival game is pretty dicey too. I'm lousy at typing on the pc but the xbox is just impossible for me, and really slow at best. By the time I reply to someone, they are usually gone.

35 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Just to say about xbox players not using chat, although you find this in most games anyway, the voice mode in atlas  for xbox doesn't always work and typing a message with a virtual keyboard in a survival game is pretty dicey too. I'm lousy at typing on the pc but the xbox is just impossible for me, and really slow at best. By the time I reply to someone, they are usually gone.

Yeah, a couple of them have told me that.  It's a shame.  There's not a lot of point in playing an MMO when you can't communicate with anyone.

4 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

My wife uses a super cheap USB keyboard on xbox and I use Xbox App in REMOTE mode on my phone as a keyboard. Works great.

2 hours ago, KapitanKlaps said:

My wife uses a super cheap USB keyboard on xbox and I use Xbox App in REMOTE mode on my phone as a keyboard. Works great.

You can also pick up an old Xbox 360 controller with a keyboard attachment too. Like $15 for both now adays.

13 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Devs dont owe us shit.
They could call the game finished tomorrow and we would have to just live with it. They could turn the game into Hello Kitty Island Adventure if they wanted.

stop sucking the devs off, we payed for the game we saw in the trailer not this unfinished pile of shit. Also play PvP and see if you still have the opinion. ANOTHER thing the game is in testing phase, and WERE the testers whats the point of saying the game is in alpha if you arent going to listen to your testers.

On 1/22/2020 at 11:30 PM, Enki Anunnaki said:

OH MY GOD SOMEONE LEAKED THE PATCH NOTES!!!  

p1YiodA.jpg

mI5by2N.png

lol JK
((((I dont take credit for this, i found it on redit*))))

Sounds legit to me 🤣

I can see nobody else is going to answer the OP's question, so here you go:

Where are we on the Roadmap?

According to Google maps, we are at the Vince Lombardi rest stop on the New Jersey Turnpike.

image.png.ca92f5c6ecca73eacab20a59ce5c545a.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 5Phead said:

we payed for the game we saw in the trailer not this unfinished pile of shit.

What the hell are you talking about? That trailer was all in-game footage. Just about the only thing in that trailer that wasn't actual in game footage, and was scripted in some way was the freeport/city scenes. The video even has the hideous pop-in caused by having your clutter distance too low.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

Actually we should have all been aware that the game was unfinished, it says so on steam and on the xbox store, also read the startup screen, It clearly states that it might never be finished either.

Edited by Whitehawk
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Actually we should have all been aware that the game was unfinished, it says so on steam and on the xbox store, also read the startup screen, It clearly states that it might never be finished either.

Truth

36 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Ya, I hope we all know that. Now saying that, would you be happy if the game we have now is all we get and it is never finished?

I'll say that I'm happy with it so far, happy with how much I paid for it, but if it stays the same, I'll probably stop playing. I like to see games improve, not stagnate.

Oh goodness, been out a few months and man did I come back to same ol classic ATLAS/ARK Forums, the shameless Blind White Knights and the Angry Dev Haters.

Upon reading up on the state of the game, it's good to know nothing has changed either.

Yeh nice to see you haven't changed either, you criticize all the forum posters here with one uninformed sweeping statement. Gee it must be amazing to be so wise that you can separate yourself not only from the rest of us, but also from your own previous postings.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Oh goodness, been out a few months and man did I come back to same ol classic ATLAS/ARK Forums, the shameless Blind White Knights and the Angry Dev Haters.

Upon reading up on the state of the game, it's good to know nothing has changed either. 

Not really white knighting bro. Just sick of the entitlement and silliness I only see from this gaming community.

Game has 12k+ daily players on Steam, plus however much from Xbox that doesn't get reported. Game is alive and thriving. Don't listen to forum chuds.

2 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Not really white knighting bro. Just sick of the entitlement and silliness I only see from this gaming community.

Game has 12k+ daily players on Steam, plus however much from Xbox that doesn't get reported. Game is alive and thriving. Don't listen to forum chuds.

Well you took it like it was directed at you or something, so it must have resonated.

The highest peak for the month was 11k according to steamstats, the peak today was 6k according to Steam itself. And it just got off of being on sale.... Soooo like temporary inflation from a $9 sale for an EA game doesnt amount to a game thriving as much as it points towards it general trend of 3-4k peaks being padded by a sudden influx of players.

Using the word entitlement to describe people you disagree with is pretty dismissive of other people's general experience and opinion of the game that you obviously do not share. 

People dealing with probems you may not have encountered or had negative experiences you may not have had, and voice their opinion of the state of the game and the development team are not entitled. What they are; are customers who paid for a product, that is realistically under performing on both PC and XBOX. PC players who literally funded the games continued existence are also genuinely not happy that development of the game literally got put on the back burner so they could push out the shabbiest of all launches on xbox to abysmal performance issues if it was even playable.

Just.... So they could get some money flowing again, because lets be honest PC interest had waned to an all time low at that point, as in it was fluctuating b 500 to 2k peaks(SUPER HEALTHY AND THRIVING! This was just before the xbox release).

At the end of the day, over 1,000,000-2,000,000 PC users have bought ATLAS. At the end of the day if you want to talk about a game thriving, if it's averaging 5-6k players daily according to steamcharts, thats like 0.25-0.5% of the players that own the game. Lets just say its 11 or 12k peaking out like ya said, thats still only 0.5-1% of the PC playerbase.

HashtagThriving.(Did I do that right?)

Edited by Inigo

39 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Well you took it like it was directed at you or something, so it must have resonated.

The highest peak for the month was 11k according to steamstats, the peak today was 6k according to Steam itself. And it just got off of being on sale.... Soooo like temporary inflation from a $9 sale for an EA game doesnt amount to a game thriving as much as it points towards it general trend of 3-4k peaks being padded by a sudden influx of players.

Using the word entitlement to describe people you disagree with is pretty dismissive of other people's general experience and opinion of the game that you obviously do not share. 

People dealing with probems you may not have encountered or had negative experiences you may not have had, and voice their opinion of the state of the game and the development team are not entitled. What they are; are customers who paid for a product, that is realistically under performing on both PC and XBOX. PC players who literally funded the games continued existence are also genuinely not happy that development of the game literally got put on the back burner so they could push out the shabbiest of all launches on xbox to abysmal performance issues if it was even playable.

Just.... So they could get some money flowing again, because lets be honest PC interest had waned to an all time low at that point, as in it was fluctuating b 500 to 2k peaks(SUPER HEALTHY AND THRIVING! This was just before the xbox release).

At the end of the day, over 1,000,000-2,000,000 PC users have bought ATLAS. At the end of the day if you want to talk about a game thriving, if it's averaging 5-6k players daily according to steamcharts, thats like 0.25-0.5% of the players that own the game. Lets just say its 11 or 12k peaking out like ya said, thats still only 0.5-1% of the PC playerbase.

HashtagThriving.(Did I do that right?)

u mad bro

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

Thought this was the general discussion board, thought we were having a discussion here. Should I have just flamed or something? You threw out some numbers, I threw out some numbers too

Edited by Inigo

22 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Thought this was the general discussion board, thought we were having a discussion here. Should I have just flamed or something? You threw out some numbers, I threw out some numbers too

he mad

Tbh Atlas is this EA game title which sucks balls hard since launch. Too many bugs, laggs, less content and the worst thing: wipes. 

Temtem is an EA title aswell but doesn't have that many problems and the playerbase is actually pretty happy with the game. 

I know, I know... Atlas is a little bit more difficult in software etc. but in the end it should work a little bit better than this. I think of all bad things that happen in Atlas wipes are the part that is the most frustrating thing here. To struggle with the bugs and laggs, only to lose everything in the end again and again is how to push away your community from you. 

I hope they will learn that. Actually I think Atlas just needs more content and some software and server tuning. 

Edited by Caine

I bought fallout 4 as a finished game years ago, even now the bugs are still there. Even skyrim had bugged questlines , that was also a finished game. As for numbers, I paid £29.95 for skyrim on pc and played it for roughly 150 hours, and i'd completed the game long before that amount of hours. fallout 4 I paid £39.95 for and have played for under 100 hours. Atlas I paid £11.00 for on pc and played the pc version for just under 1000 hours. And yeh I agree they coulda added more to the game in the last year, and if they weren't so involved in other projects they probably would have done, and should have done. But I and many others play cos we still like it, and I will until it no longer interests me. Yeh I'm also gutted for the people who bought it and don't like it, but if that's where you're at then don't rant at everyone else to make them feel bad cos they still play it, it's not your business what people do with their spare time. I don't stand outside a restaurant everyday with a placard saying 'don't eat here' just cos I didn't like the food, or had a bad meal there. I just go somewhere I do like. Bon voyage.

Edited by Whitehawk

47 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

I bought fallout 4 as a finished game years ago, even now the bugs are still there. Even skyrim had bugged questlines , that was also a finished game. As for numbers, I paid £29.95 for skyrim on pc and played it for roughly 150 hours, and i'd completed the game long before that amount of hours. fallout 4 I paid £39.95 for and have played for under 100 hours. Atlas I paid £11.00 for on pc and played the pc version for just under 1000 hours. And yeh I agree they coulda added more to the game in the last year, and if they weren't so involved in other projects they probably would have done, and should have done. But I and many others play cos we still like it, and I will until it no longer interests me. Yeh I'm also gutted for the people who bought it and don't like it, but if that's where you're at then don't rant at everyone else to make them feel bad cos they still play it, it's not your business what people do with their spare time. I don't stand outside a restaurant everyday with a placard saying 'don't eat here' just cos I didn't like the food, or had a bad meal there. I just go somewhere I do like. Bon voyage.

In the end it's just losing your stuff that is the bad thing at all I think. I can live with some bugs and laggs. I know that from other games. Nothing is perfect. But to lose your progression is something that cannot be accepted. I mean: I have over 1k hour play time and what is left of that? A hat skin? Big yikes. I dream of a server marketplace ruled by player but this cannot happen when you lose everything again and again. Also it's not that motivating. Rest of Atlas is fine for me but it clearly needs its time before it can be released. 

13 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

steam doesnt agree with you:

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

average players throughout this month 5969

35 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

steam doesnt agree with you:

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

average players throughout this month 5969

ignore that braindead white knight

even steamcharts are wrong because you cant count all the players on privat servers. only the players on official servers are important and these numbers are super low.

Edited by Sau

On 1/26/2020 at 9:31 AM, Winter Thorne said:

Not a good comparison.  It's their job to make games.  We're their customers, not their teammates.

Still no reason for toxic comments, although I do think we've earned the right to a good bit of snark.

One of my biggest beefs with the game is the current environment.  For some reason, xbox players don't use in game chat.  At all.  After the xbox expansion I was excited to finally see a lot of people in the grid, but it's like they're not even there.  Nobody says a word.  Same old ghost town.

Xbox players are in xbox party chats.

Tbh I found the xbox party chat unusable and haven't tried since. And xboxers don't communicate in mmo's as much as pc players do. I've played eso on pc for years and the chat box is full even when the servers are low, I bought the xbox version too and the chat is mostly empty. Fallout 76 has barely any communication at all.GTAo, barely any chat. Dc online barely any. And we are talking about world chat here not just friends. They need discord for xbox. It also doesn't help that I have to plug the mic into the controller either, who's stupid idea was that? Drains my batts like double time.