Shepard_Fury

We need more information, where are we on the roadmap?

1 hour ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

October was three months ago. Learn to count.

October? You call that an update? You got your standards set low then. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

1: 10 months or 3 months of nothing for a game in development is bad, whoever you are.

2: When there is so little attention on the game that players need to spam discord accounts just so they can get them to reset the region server that has been down for days.

Greifers running riot because tickets are ignored, so regular players feel abandonded.

The severe lack of community engagement that makes you wonder what the hell is going on.

This is why they have lost my respect.

3: Just look back at this forum 1 year ago, captains logs every couple weeks, community competitions, dozens of posts daily by GrapeShot emploees, there seemed a real zest for this game by all despite the growing pains of an EA title.

Now?, What can I say? There is nothing.............

1: Simply not true, and you know it. We have got a lot over the last 10 months. Im sorry it wasn't a shiny new ship. We got optimization and balance changes.... WAY more important than a new toy to placate entitled players.

2: "Have to spam Discord accounts" Seriously? Can you contact someone like Jeff Kaplan, Notch, Will Wright, or Sid Myers through Discord? Oh, no... you cant, that's right. You have unprecedented access to the devs, a way that no other studio offers you. It's not good enough? Infact you think its a bad thing that you can contact the devs directly? You have got some serious entitlement issues, kid.

3: Wow, the team stopped posting to the community that abuses the shit out of them. Shocker. Who could have guessed that would happen!?

6 hours ago, Percieval said:

October? You call that an update? You got your standards set low then. 

Significant balance and optimization passes, Xbox release, brand new server software that allows live updates without shutting down.... yeah; my standards are super low alright!

10 minutes ago, Ktott said:

The main thing is that they are silent! No information!

Look how people treat them!

JUST LOOK.

Why do they owe anyone here anything if you all treat them like shit?

Why is it I can suggest things, and file tickets, and ALWAYS get responded to? Hmm?

Fucking witchcraft, must be.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

12 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

1: Simply not true, and you know it. We have got a lot over the last 10 months. Im sorry it wasn't a shiny new ship. We got optimization and balance changes.... WAY more important than a new toy to placate entitled players.

2: "Have to spam Discord accounts" Seriously? Can you contact someone like Jeff Kaplan, Notch, Will Wright, or Sid Myers through Discord? Oh, no... you cant, that's right. You have unprecedented access to the devs, a way that no other studio offers you. It's not good enough? Infact you think its a bad thing that you can contact the devs directly? You have got some serious entitlement issues, kid.

3: Wow, the team stopped posting to the community that abuses the shit out of them. Shocker. Who could have guessed that would happen!?

Significant balance and optimization passes, Xbox release, brand new server software that allows live updates without shutting down.... yeah; my standards are super low alright!

JUST LOOK.

Why is it I can suggest things, and file tickets, and ALWAYS get responded to? Hmm?

Don’t care about any of them. If you say the game improved on a large after that update then you’re out of your mind. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Don’t care about any of them. If you say the game improved on a large after that update then you’re out of your mind. 

Mind blower here:

Maybe you don't like this game?

Maybe it's time to switch gamemodes?

PvP sucks right now dude, thats not going to change until PvEvP and some sort of faction system is finished. But, for now you can live with the headaches of PvP or move to PvE and just... enjoy the game?

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

There seems to be a fair amount of pvp on this forum at the moment. It's obvious that the devs are pretty busy on the ark right now, we will just have to sit it out and wait to see what happens after. That's all we can do tbh.

On 1/21/2020 at 6:33 PM, PeglegTheAngry said:

I spend an hour on this sub and I turn angry and stupid

you have my word that you were already like that when we found you 😁

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

you have my word that you were already like that when we found you 😁

You’ve gone up a notch in my book. You’re on notch 1 😉

yes w/e happened to realist? he spent a year waiting on this game, then quit after a month of play lol. new world is full release in 2 months who is pumped?!

Edited by lordkhan4444
  • Haha 1

I might try New World, although I'm worried if we all go in there as excited as we were for Atlas when it first came out, we might be expecting a bit too much and be disappointed :classic_biggrin:

Edited by wildbill

it's amazing that Peg can find the time to bash everyone on the forums and try to get them to come to PVE where the game is magically fixed and amazing. I guess his RP castle is already filled up with bears and crabs and other pointless shit that doesn't matter in PVE. Get back to painting one of the 3 types of boats you have. 

10 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

yes w/e happened to realist? he spent a year waiting on this game, then quit after a month of play lol. new world is full release in 2 months who is pumped?!

well to be fair if he rly did quit i cant blame him, i mean aside from an activity to kill time there is not much atlas can rly offer

about new world, i am not exactly what you would call exited, rather i am very curious they seem to have faced the same problems in their alpha than atlas did in early access like offline rading, power abuse, etc. fortunately they seem to have learnt from atlas mistakes and are taking entirely different decisions to tackle those same problems so i wanna know how it all goes.

4 hours ago, wildbill said:

I might try New World, although I'm worried if we all go in there as excited as we were for Atlas when it first came out, we might be expecting a bit too much and be disappointed :classic_biggrin:

well first of all atlas taught us you should never feel to excited about an unfinished product, since as we have seen it can be put on halt/slow development anytime for any reason (greed for example), yet i think they are developing it in a way that sould tackle a lot of atlas problems, if anything i will miss not being able to sail around since the only reason i came to atlas in the first place was that it was supposed to be an ocean focused pirate themed survival game

3 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Ha ha ha ha ha

You guys think New World is gonna be better than Atlas.

Realist quit the forums because plays the game now.

well thats relative, they have lots of similarities but also huge differences, the fact that new world doesnt have sea content might be a no go for people who came to atlas exclusively for that type of content, yet for the people who came to atlas because it was a survival with open pvp they might actually enjoy new world much more, they have almost infinite resources to throw at the game, hence the ammount of content they will be able to create will most likely be huge in comparison, they have even said they are considering creating dungeons, wich could attract those atlas players that also like MMORPGs, and new world will have the option to "opt in" pvp, wich means that all the people that left atlas because of the griefing will also see it as a viable alternative.

Edited by The D Legacy

On 1/24/2020 at 5:30 PM, PeglegTheAngry said:

JUST LOOK.

1. and yet the game plays worse now that back then, ships out of sync with the waves, worse lag than I used to get etc...

2. don't know who those people are but they or their team probably keep an eye on their servers or the tickets so contacting them direct is not needed.

3. some people treat them like shit, like you do other posters, most don't. I feel an expectation due to previous engagement, I don't mind a bit of ebb and flow but the complete lack these past few months felt like abandonment.

Witchcraft, as believable as you always getting responded too, so maybe.

On 1/24/2020 at 1:25 PM, PeglegTheAngry said:

Mind blower here:

Maybe you don't like this game?

Maybe it's time to switch gamemodes?

PvP sucks right now dude, thats not going to change until PvEvP and some sort of faction system is finished. But, for now you can live with the headaches of PvP or move to PvE and just... enjoy the game?

I think if they dropped claiming all together and just made everything "Lawless",  add a mix of max timers (starting at 12am 6am 12pm 6pm) to all the islands in each grid, and allow defenses to continue to defend even during peace time, to keep snoopers out as well as pvp still being allowed against players, npc, and tames, not structures / ships at the island. 

See a polite suggestion, why would people attack devs? They did way better at making a game than any of us have. However, we play the game, so it should be enjoyable. We relay our suggestions politely and they see what they can do to keep it enjoyable. 

You right man, dont know why all these people are so toxic. They have to be young.

2 minutes ago, Salty Captain said:

They did way better at making a game than any of us have.

Not a good comparison.  It's their job to make games.  We're their customers, not their teammates.

Still no reason for toxic comments, although I do think we've earned the right to a good bit of snark.

One of my biggest beefs with the game is the current environment.  For some reason, xbox players don't use in game chat.  At all.  After the xbox expansion I was excited to finally see a lot of people in the grid, but it's like they're not even there.  Nobody says a word.  Same old ghost town.

what atlas needs right now  is a PR rep with power. someone to crack the whip and get people to talk about shit. someone invested. because honestly, what has happened with all the silence and shafting the community could very well ruin this games future forever. you devs need to step up your game here.

tiny hints, teasers, and even explanations along the way of development, even if its boring shit like optimisation... hype is like a flame... you need to keep feeding it in a controlled manner else as simple as a candle could burn your house down.  right now.. the hype to make atlas the greatest sandbox survival pvp fantasy pirate mmo the world has ever seen... has turned into resentment and loathing. 

i keep rewatching the dev streams trying to figure out where it all went to hell... it occured to me, after months of silence from the devs and rewatching the vague "blueprint" stream over and over again, that the devs find "surprises" fun and entertaining... now look at the steam charts.... we do not.

TALK ABOUT SHIT GOD DAMN IT.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

let us just wait for the patch. it should be a change in gameplay and some QOL improvements and bugfixes.

i would be happy if they just fix kraken fight summoning and do some QOL stuff for now so i can play this game again, including fixes for ships vanishing under my A while spawning on it, and the boring sailing.

i know i wont see a seapony or other new ships or factions, but these things will be ingame later.

lets hope for now they fix at least the core issues of the game.

On 1/21/2020 at 2:42 AM, lordkhan4444 said:

yall did hear about the Q&A a couple days ago right? they pretty much nerfed pvp in that game to the ground, check out the video of it on youtube, people are mass refunding that game atm. it pretty much became a PvE focused game overnight sad days 😞

why you lie about mass refunds you scrub

10 hours ago, BurgsideTiger said:

it's amazing that Peg can find the time to bash everyone on the forums and try to get them to come to PVE where the game is magically fixed and amazing. I guess his RP castle is already filled up with bears and crabs and other pointless shit that doesn't matter in PVE. Get back to painting one of the 3 types of boats you have. 

Wow. EXTRA salted french cires. This is no good for my hypertension.

Damn, how dare I enjoy the game. That's so wrong of me. Sorry, I forgot that I should be constantly frustrated and pissed off at Grapeshot and my crew-mates, like everyone else who plays PvP. I should 100% go back to Uganda and Oblivion to listen to zoomers and developmentally stunted millennials scream Twitch emotes in voice chat.

/s if you cant tell. 

Atlas is a good game. We wouldn't (yes, you too) be playing it if it wasn't. The problem with PvP is other players and the decision to have Survival FPS style PvP in a world that needs to be MMORPG styled; while still allowing loot. This is the reason PvE is over populated and PvP has vacant islands. Atlas can survive as an MMO with PvE, it cant with just PvP. I want you to try PvE because I want you to see the game without other people fucking it up for you.

2 hours ago, photek said:

let us just wait for the patch. it should be a change in gameplay and some QOL improvements and bugfixes.

i would be happy if they just fix kraken fight summoning and do some QOL stuff for now so i can play this game again, including fixes for ships vanishing under my A while spawning on it, and the boring sailing.

i know i wont see a seapony or other new ships or factions, but these things will be ingame later.

lets hope for now they fix at least the core issues of the game. 

See, Photek has the right idea here. Why would the devs communicate QOL changes a head of time? What is there to be hype about?

You guys aren't gonna be excited about shader changes, daily balance changes, etc.

It's the exact opposite of what a lot of people on this forum and the Discord get hype about: Weeks of stuff breaking, and getting changed. Exploity metas getting patched out.
How many of you are going to "Quit and uninstall forever?" when they nerf more non- gun and cannon based methods of raiding?

Devs dont owe us shit.
They could call the game finished tomorrow and we would have to just live with it. They could turn the game into Hello Kitty Island Adventure if they wanted.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Like 1