Shepard_Fury

We need more information, where are we on the roadmap?

I used to get the fatal error on my pc with atlas, I ended up starting in low mem mode as it seemed to stop it happening, I also found that atlas updates weren't downloading properly so I bought an external hardrive to free up space. Now I play the xbox version more anyway cos I don't get many probs with it, but it's not as good to play as my pc version is. And obviously no mods either which narrows down the private servers available.

15 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

In this place called reality "low level fatal error" can be one of literally thousands of errors; all of which have nothing to do with "spaghetti code"

Stop using programming buzzwords you know nothing about.

I've been coding for more than 30 years, you ignorant fuckwit.

Edited by user1
  • Like 2

On 1/21/2020 at 12:29 PM, Percieval said:

We’re at the ‘ark DLC’ part of the roadmap. It was written down with such tiny letters nobody even saw it, it came after the ‘screw you, PC players’ part. 

Yep

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/500664-a-message-from-the-founders/

The #2 most played tester on their Genesis map is Jat...

Edited by Cap’n Ro
  • Like 1

I think it says it all when Jat was on the ARK forums 33 minutes ago and 3 days ago on the Atlas forums. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I think it says it all when Jat was on the ARK forums 33 minutes ago and 3 days ago on the Atlas forums. 

Yes, it is interesting that a new company was formed to create Atlas, but you can't help but feel that was done for legal purposes. These guys have been sued once and are not about to make the same mistake again, which is to cover their butts legally by having a separate entity to protect the main company from lawsuits (the one that has the money that would attract a lawsuit). 

So just what is the Atlas team of developers doing right now? Probably not that much work on Atlas and more work on Genesis.

1 minute ago, wildbill said:

Yes, it is interesting that a new company was formed to create Atlas, but you can't help but feel that was done for legal purposes. These guys have been sued once and are not about to make the same mistake again, which is to cover their butts legally by having a separate entity to protect the main company from lawsuits (the one that has the money that would attract a lawsuit). 

So just what is the Atlas team of developers doing right now? Probably not that much work on Atlas and more work on Genesis.

Well I’ve just lost any respect for any of the devs. I have never been this mistreated by any game devs in my life, and I’ve seen some shit. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, user1 said:

I've been coding for more than 30 years, you ignorant fuckwit. 

Presses X to Doubt

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, wildbill said:

Oh god here we go. "Jeremy got sued for breaking exclusivity contracts with another studio, therefor this company was opened to protect them"

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

Sounds about right. Owning the company, instead of having an owner sounds good to me.

1 minute ago, eeeceee said:

What?

Maybe I am misunderstanding you lol.

But: GS as a subsidiary studio isn't protecting Wild Card from anything, considering Grape Shot appears on the Ark splash page and on the Wild Card website. Jermy getting sued for something that's pretty common to get sued for in the software world has nothing to do with Grape Shot as a studio.

Its really dumb to see it as anything but a subsidiary made specifically for Atlas.

I wouldn't say it's common.

Owning a company is better than having an owner.

NFI what else you think you're talking about. Seems you're not making an argument, or a point there, that you can have knowledge about.

10 hours ago, wildbill said:

This, Wildbills absolute shit take that we have heard a million times.

10 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

?

Click on the link and you’ll find it or would you prefer I screenshot the image so it’s less believable?

24 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

This, Wildbills absolute shit take that we have heard a million times.

Hey, I was just speculating. I actually don't know, don't really care how Wildcard and Grapeshot run their businesses, although I do agree, it would be nice to have more information on when we will see more of the roadmap implemented. Like a lot of people, give me too much time waiting, I lose patience and start speculating why it is taking what feels like soooo long. :classic_biggrin:

I actually took a 10 month break from these forums and from the game, so haven't actually heard it a million times, maybe a few times.

1 minute ago, wildbill said:

Edited by wildbill

28 minutes ago, Cap’n Ro said:

Click on the link and you’ll find it or would you prefer I screenshot the image so it’s less believable?

I'm not really sure what you are saying. Jat is working on other Wildcard projects? Why is that a problem? Do you know how game studios work?

20 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Like a lot of people, give me too much time waiting, I lose patience and start speculating why it is taking what feels like soooo long. :classic_biggrin:

I actually took a 10 month break from these forums and from the game, so haven't actually heard it a million times, maybe a few times.

The devs have done SO much for us lately... especially with the Xbox release. Just let them finish Genesis so they can work on Atlas next.

48 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

I'm not really sure what you are saying. Jat is working on other Wildcard projects? Why is that a problem? Do you know how game studios work?

The devs have done SO much for us lately... especially with the Xbox release. Just let them finish Genesis so they can work on Atlas next.

Define ‘lately’ because last time they did something for us is 10 months ago. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Define ‘lately’ because last time they did something for us is 10 months ago. 

October was three months ago. Learn to count.

10 months or 3 months of nothing for a game in development is bad, whoever you are.

When there is so little attention on the game that players need to spam discord accounts just so they can get them to reset the region server that has been down for days.

Greifers running riot because tickets are ignored, so regular players feel abandonded.

The severe lack of community engagement that makes you wonder what the hell is going on.

This is why they have lost my respect.

Just look back at this forum 1 year ago, captains logs every couple weeks, community competitions, dozens of posts daily by GrapeShot emploees, there seemed a real zest for this game by all despite the growing pains of an EA title.

Now?, What can I say? There is nothing.............

• Thanks 1