Shepard_Fury

We need more information, where are we on the roadmap?

Hello Grapeshot,

Most people are wondering where we are on the roadmap and what is happening?

I would also like to know if you are working with the ark devs on there new expansion and this is why we are not hearing anything?

Best Regard
FightzGamer

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:00 AM, Shepard_Fury said:

Hello Grapeshot,

Most people are wondering where we are on the roadmap and what is happening?

I would also like to know if you are working with the ark devs on there new expansion and this is why we are not hearing anything?

Best Regard
FightzGamer

that wouldnt be strage at all, specially considering they kicked the PC development of atlas to the side of the road for 10 months to focus on the xbox release, my advice is just wait for "new world" from amazon it seems it will be a medieval-survival kinda thing and is scheduled to release in march may

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

that wouldnt be strage at all, specially considering they kicked the PC development of atlas to the side of the road for 10 months to focus on the xbox release, my advice is just wait for "new world" from amazon it seems it will be a medieval-survival kinda thing and is scheduled to release in march.

Have you heard anything about when the beta is supposed to start for that?

NM..I just saw closed beta April, so I'm thinking March is incorrect.

Edited by Winter Thorne
nevermind

yall did hear about the Q&A a couple days ago right? they pretty much nerfed pvp in that game to the ground, check out the video of it on youtube, people are mass refunding that game atm. it pretty much became a PvE focused game overnight sad days 😞

I didn't watch the video, but read the Q&A article that I found. It sounds more like they removed the typical player vs base, high level player vs low level player type of PvP that many toxic PvP players seem to enjoy. Actual PvP between willing participants, they seem to have improved on the ability to have and the rewards you can get from it.

I hope they will be a success. It could give other companies a clue as to the proper way to implement PvP in a persistent game world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

yall did hear about the Q&A a couple days ago right? they pretty much nerfed pvp in that game to the ground, check out the video of it on youtube, people are mass refunding that game atm. it pretty much became a PvE focused game overnight sad days 😞

Can u send me a link of this Q&A? Cheers.

4 hours ago, Viktor Ferrahgo said:

There ya go grapeshot. Now you have people discussing other games to play in your forums...seems we should hear something methinks. 

Meanwhile both PvE servers are absolutely thriving.

The toxicity of your fellow PvP players is not Grapeshot's fault.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

yall did hear about the Q&A a couple days ago right? they pretty much nerfed pvp  griefing in that game to the ground, check out the video of it on youtube, people are mass refunding that game atm. it pretty much became a PvE focused game overnight sad days 😞

If the griefers won't police themselves someone else will do it.  Good for them.

• Thanks 1

We’re at the ‘ark DLC’ part of the roadmap. It was written down with such tiny letters nobody even saw it, it came after the ‘screw you, PC players’ part. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

The toxicity of your fellow PvP players is not Grapeshot's fault.

Well, what about grapecard not doing a single frickin thing to prevent it? Is that entirely on us, too?

What about all those dysfunctional mechanisms that enable this kind of griefing behavior in the first place?

Did grapeshot not create those?

Is there anything at all that possibly could be grapeshot's fault?

GS not only enables and tolerates such behavior, they absolutely give the impression to endorse it.

Because they're so hardcore™.

• Like 2

I haven't even been able to motivate myself to login to this game for about 2 weeks now except for once each week just to feed animals. I'm bored and burned out feeding animals and sailing to do treasure maps to pay crew.

I'm almost to the point of just saying screw it and uninstalling because I don't think there is going to be any changes that will make this game worthwhile to continue investing time into it considering the path it's already taken. I've pretty much done everything 3X already. 

3 hours ago, user1 said:

Well, what about grapecard not doing a single frickin thing to prevent it? Is that entirely on us, too?

What about all those dysfunctional mechanisms that enable this kind of griefing behavior in the first place?

Did grapeshot not create those?

Is there anything at all that possibly could be grapeshot's fault?

GS not only enables and tolerates such behavior, they absolutely give the impression to endorse it.

Because they're so hardcore™. 

Saying "Grapecard" unironically while trying to make the argument that it's not you being toxic?

Face it: The Ark import players into this game are the problem. You guys are toxic as hell. It's infectious. I spend an hour on this sub and I turn as angry and stupid as you. Quit spending your time around other stupid and angry people. Atlas is a fantastic game, but, playing it with a large group of people who are toxic and bad at it; you'e gonna have a bad time.

Sure, we can blame bad mechanics or imbalance on Grapeshot.

Blaming grapeshot for people's actions? No.

Like I said a few months ago, if this is how you feel: Uninstall, leave the forums, leave the discord. Or, instead of leaving, shut the hell up and suggest ways to fix problems that are actually productive.

If you'd rather do neither and continue your forum exploits, move to PvE like the rest of us who possess something resembling intelligence.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

I'd be happy to deal with toxic players again if it meant playing, but since Low level fatal error is now my problem, I'm unable to play at all. And it would be nice to get some response from grapeshot concerning that

48 minutes ago, Huck Finnley said:

I'd be happy to deal with toxic players again if it meant playing, but since Low level fatal error is now my problem, I'm unable to play at all. And it would be nice to get some response from grapeshot concerning that

That's a problem with your computer, not Grapeshot.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

No, actually that's a known issue with UE 4. And they have addressed the issue in recent builds of the game engine. I'm sure you have evidence to support your claim. But I have spent the past week researching it, and all its possible work around. And there is even a post from Jat acknowledging it.

That being said, we haven't seen recent updates from grapeshot since some of the possible fixes have been made to the engine itself

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Huck Finnley said:

No, actually that's a known issue with UE 4. And they have addressed the issue in recent builds of the game engine. I'm sure you have evidence to support your claim. But I have spent the past week researching it, and all its possible work around. And there is even a post from Jat acknowledging it.

That being said, we haven't seen recent updates from grapeshot since some of the possible fixes have been made to the engine itself

It’s been in ARK for 4 years now and they didn’t do anything to fix it there so I will be surprised if they will do it here. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Huck Finnley said:

This error is caused by several things.

Things you can do:

Make sure you aren't overclocking your GPU.

Alternatively, if you are talking about "low level error" "fatal memory exception" it means you need more RAM or a better GPU.

You may need to install the game on an SSD

Install higher speed memory.

Playing on a laptop? Make sure you aren't in power saving mode.

Turn off Shadow Play.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

14 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

This error is caused by several things.

Things you can do:

Make sure you aren't overclocking your GPU.

Alternatively, if you are talking about "low level error" "fatal memory exception" it means you need more RAM or a better GPU.

You may need to install the game on an SSD

Install higher speed memory.

Playing on a laptop? Make sure you aren't in power saving mode.

Turn off Shadow Play.

In this place called "reality" though, that problem stems from some developer not being smart enough to free all the memory that his spaghetti code did allocate when it isn't needed anymore, and thus floods your swap file.

You could argue that the stupid user, who is obviously entirely single-handedly responsible for creating an environment in which even the worst piece of shit code will run flawlessly, just needs to increase the swap file size.

That would obviously mean to deviate from windows recommended settings, but i'm sure the guy who forgot to oversee the life cycle of his in-memory objects is more capable and trustworthy than the software engineers over at Microsoft.

Also if your assumptions of whether something is being said unironically or not are as far off as in your previous post, you might want to consider stopping to make any.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, user1 said:

In this place called "reality" though, that problem stems from some developer not being smart enough to free all the memory that his spaghetti code did allocate when it isn't needed anymore, and thus floods your swap file.

You could argue that the stupid user, who is obviously entirely single-handedly responsible for creating an environment in which even the worst piece of shit code will run flawlessly, just needs to increase the swap file size.

That would obviously mean to deviate from windows recommended settings, but i'm sure the guy who forgot to oversee the life cycle of his in-memory objects is more capable and trustworthy than the software engineers over at Microsoft.

Also if your assumptions of whether something is being said unironically or not are as far off as in your previous post, you might want to consider stopping to make any.

WTH dude.

In this "reality", he gave the exact right answer for the other guy to realistically fix his real problem. 

.....windows recommended... get outa here with that BS.

6 hours ago, user1 said:

In this place called reality "low level fatal error" can be one of literally thousands of errors; all of which have nothing to do with "spaghetti code"

Stop using programming buzzwords you know nothing about.

6 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

OH MY GOD SOMEONE LEAKED THE PATCH NOTES!!!  

lol JK
((((I dont take credit for this, i found it on redit*))))

Fuck Plebbit piss babies and your stolen content lol.

All Reddit does is make bad meme, eat hot chip, and cry.