seruum

The end game

Gday all

haven't played the game since about a month after the previous wipe due to the end game content being so limited. our small company of about 6 finished all quests before we could even got our 1st rejuvenation. i had played since day 1 and this last wipe kind of took away the endgame grind which for many was crafting sets and gear grinding. previously i had spent my end game time running maps and collecting gear to level up and make better quality items. since they removed INT from gear crafting sets are no longer an end game thing and since they considerably nerfed patterns are just not worth grinding out. so this leads me to the point of what is there to do in the way of endgame??? all the bosses are extremely easy with just basic ships and we managed to do hard yeti with 6 people and a little coordination like i said this took less than a month. there is absolutely no reason to repeat bosses since there is no reward (just like hard yeti boss has no reward) and we have had no real patches for about 3 months now and the last mega update was lacking in any additional content (we got a gun and a slightly reskinned boss with no reason to complete it) i was excited for the water mounts but that got dropped. There are literally dozens of threads of small changes that can be implemented to make the game more enjoyable (for a pirate game you have to admit that sailing is one of the most boring things in the game). give us something for tames to do that is more end game orientated (a boss or even an arena that spawns progressively harder enemies and rewards gold recipes or mythos upon completion) simply adding draft nets to the side of a boat would at least add some fun to sailing (collecting flotsam with nets that extend from the side of your boat and scales with boat size) the roadmap sounded good but we have seen nothing come from it (have we started phase 1 or is that already over) there is absolutely no news on upcoming patches why??? has this game been abandoned? what is going to happen to this once promising game? anyway what does everyone do at endgame after all quests are done?

9 hours ago, seruum said:

Gday all

haven't played the game since about a month after the previous wipe due to the end game content being so limited. our small company of about 6 finished all quests before we could even got our 1st rejuvenation. i had played since day 1 and this last wipe kind of took away the endgame grind which for many was crafting sets and gear grinding. previously i had spent my end game time running maps and collecting gear to level up and make better quality items. since they removed INT from gear crafting sets are no longer an end game thing and since they considerably nerfed patterns are just not worth grinding out. so this leads me to the point of what is there to do in the way of endgame??? all the bosses are extremely easy with just basic ships and we managed to do hard yeti with 6 people and a little coordination like i said this took less than a month. there is absolutely no reason to repeat bosses since there is no reward (just like hard yeti boss has no reward) and we have had no real patches for about 3 months now and the last mega update was lacking in any additional content (we got a gun and a slightly reskinned boss with no reason to complete it) i was excited for the water mounts but that got dropped. There are literally dozens of threads of small changes that can be implemented to make the game more enjoyable (for a pirate game you have to admit that sailing is one of the most boring things in the game). give us something for tames to do that is more end game orientated (a boss or even an arena that spawns progressively harder enemies and rewards gold recipes or mythos upon completion) simply adding draft nets to the side of a boat would at least add some fun to sailing (collecting flotsam with nets that extend from the side of your boat and scales with boat size) the roadmap sounded good but we have seen nothing come from it (have we started phase 1 or is that already over) there is absolutely no news on upcoming patches why??? has this game been abandoned? what is going to happen to this once promising game? anyway what does everyone do at endgame after all quests are done?

Seems like to me you want this game to be just like Ark and that wont happen. They trying to to avoid that. Another thing with Grapeshot/Wildcard they take a long time to make the games well. MMO is not an easy coding. Why do you think they dont drop games often? What do i do? I just keep my stuff alive and play other games until more content gets released. Till then its just a waiting game. Also last time i checked Yeti isnt a boss they just wild in the far north! So idk what you mean "Hard Yeti" have you played recently?

• Sad 1

Notown, there is indeed a yeti boss in the polar islands that can be completed on easy or hard mode like the kraken, and similar to it you need to have all 9 powerstones to enter it's cave

1 hour ago, blitzed909 said:

Notown, there is indeed a yeti boss in the polar islands that can be completed on easy or hard mode like the kraken, and similar to it you need to have all 9 powerstones to enter it's cave

By "Yeti Boss" are you referring to the flaming yetis aka alpha yetis, which boast over 100 lvls and usually kill you in a single hit?

Hello sir.

You know everything in the game, you prepared for the ultra rates, and made good use of it. After that normal playing feels unrewarding ofc. We are kinda at the same place now, we used the christmas rates for leveling to 130+. So without any boost it is hard to even go for the 25+ maps for the bps.
Yes they removed every carrot they had on the stick. BPS are useless esp. with the laughable crafting bonus.

We / I still have fun breeding and getting smal upgrades, but other endgame is just null.
Also breeding, i dont even breed muation that much, i could solo every map with a 210% bear, not even imprinted on me.
My tigers do q29 maps with ease, only i can die.
We did a legendary map with a 140% dmg crab only. So what content you need even high level tames for?

Waiting for updates myself, over half the playerbase did stop now after no news from devs (fmu).

Yep, I haven't had the urge to log on for about 3 weeks now due to boredom. Started a new playthrough of Witcher 3 and at the rate they are going, Cyberpunk 2077 will be out before I get interested again. Game is going to die completely if they don't get something going soon. 

1 hour ago, Sydhart said:

. Game is going to die completely if they don't get something going soon.  

Considering the game is posting solid gains right now, doubtful.

8 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Considering the game is posting solid gains right now, doubtful.

you're actually delusional and just proved you have no idea what you  are talking about.

4 hours ago, FrotsyMan said:

you're actually delusional and just proved you have no idea what you  are talking about.

😂👌👍

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

https://www.githyp.com/atlas-154365/?tab=player-count

🤷‍♀️ 14k Unique Daily Players from Xbox and PC, 9k Average peak🤷‍♀️

image.thumb.png.5e51ec00ce8db83fda49064d3cb639e6.png

🤪
yOu HaV3 No IdEa WhAt YoU  aRe TaLkiNg AbOuT. 🤪

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

Not sure how your graph shows what you are stating.

Seems to show an upsurge over the holidays around the 7.5k mark and a dicline since then with peaks at the weekends.

7 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

Not sure how your graph shows what you are stating.

So this forum has gone from making dubious sweeping claims about the player count, and when proven wrong ya'll suddenly cant read graphs or "Steam Charts dont show true player count"

Good god.

12 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

So this forum has gone from making dubious sweeping claims about the player count, and when proven wrong ya'll suddenly cant read graphs or "Steam Charts dont show true player count"

Good god.

well if you are going to state 14K players and then show a graph that peeks at just over 7.5k players some explanation is warrented. Just don't understand the relationship is all.

On 1/28/2020 at 2:38 AM, PeglegTheAngry said:

😂👌👍

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

https://www.githyp.com/atlas-154365/?tab=player-count

🤷‍♀️ 14k Unique Daily Players from Xbox and PC, 9k Average peak🤷‍♀️

image.thumb.png.5e51ec00ce8db83fda49064d3cb639e6.png

🤪
yOu HaV3 No IdEa WhAt YoU  aRe TaLkiNg AbOuT. 🤪

1. Holiday season you can tell by  that decline in player population 
2. Darkside RP averages about 3-4k players. WHICH IS NOT PART OF THE GAME BECAUSE IT IS COMMUNITY MADE now please stop white knighting 

On 1/28/2020 at 12:57 PM, PeglegTheAngry said:

Good god.

The upsurge in December is from the last large patch so people could test the changes. The upsurge in April 2019 was due to the wipe and reset, in October was due to Xbox release, and in December was a long awaited large patch that people jumped on to test. The average daily players in February 2019, 3 months after release was approximately 11K, a year later it's around 5.5K.  That's 5.5K players spread across 4 map clusters (15X15X5 cluster = 900 map grids), so approximately 6.1 players per grid. Those are not healthy numbers at all.

Month Avg. Players Gain % Gain Peak Players
Last 30 Days 5,337.3 -277.9 -4.95% 11,548
January 2020 5,615.2 +83.9 +1.52% 11,844
December 2019 5,531.3 +1,396.9 +33.79% 11,649
November 2019 4,134.4 +913.8 +28.37% 8,163
October 2019 3,220.7 +1,775.2 +122.81% 6,287
September 2019 1,445.5 -868.4 -37.53% 2,942
August 2019 2,313.9 -502.7 -17.85% 5,221
July 2019 2,816.6 -748.9 -21.00% 5,293
June 2019 3,565.5 -1,641.3 -31.52% 7,276
May 2019 5,206.8 -529.5 -9.23% 10,040
April 2019 5,736.3 +2,706.8 +89.35% 12,298
March 2019 3,029.5 -8,355.6 -73.39% 9,331
February 2019 11,385.1 -15,256.7 -57.27% 25,026
January 2019 26,641.8 -12,673.8 -32.24% 55,297
December 2018 39,315.6 - - 58,788

2 hours ago, hartsia said:

go pvp server and you find game is more rewarding,

Lol, Atlas has rewarding PvP? There is ZERO reward. There is literally ZERO point, ZERO accountability, and ZERO skill to the PvP in this game. PvP is based on who has the most time and best exploits to grief people until they give up. 

well it dosent ger boring,the reward from pvp is that you can loose everthing,and small things mather more,where you sleep,park your boat,how you build,how u prepeare for journeys,your allies,tribes, things that you take for granted on a pve server. 

Guest Elf

Play pvp, pve is always boring because nothing happens. pvp is fight for survival, and since you are playing an online survival game pvp is ideal for less boredom.

Guest Elf

Nice thing about this game different from ark is people are always looking for allies or settlers to their islands so if you are having a hard time in pvp don’t play in the lawless go around asking if people are taking settlers or look at advertisements in Freeport buoys of course no buoys allowed in Freeport anymore but should still be old ones. And I know this is way after your post but they have now implemented a lot of new features and are updating a lot