RIPPIIN

How does one find unclaimed islands?

A few buddies and old Ark tribe mates and i are just getting back into the game. Were debating on staying on a lawless island, establishing on an owned island or searching for a new island we can potentially own. We know the pro's and cons of lawless, very risky as anyone can spawn and no peace time. Living on someone else's island always runs the possibility of them building up our trust and screwing us later down the road if we get big enough. Or the best option imo is to own an island, but how does one find an unclaimed island?

Plenty of islands on private servers, although most of them use the older method where you just can claim a circle of land around the flag and not the whole island. 

Interesting how this new "improved" method has almost no adoption when the players get to chose which method of claim they want to use.

We are on official PvP so it doesn’t apply to us. Seems by now every island is taken, either by a mega or other decent sized companies.

30 minutes ago, RIPPIIN said:

We are on official PvP so it doesn’t apply to us. Seems by now every island is taken, either by a mega or other decent sized companies.

Good luck with that. I wouldn't play on the official servers unless someone paid me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RIPPIIN said:

While I can't speak to official pvp, on the official pve servers, islands are contested after 10 days of non-occupation by the current owner. Trick seems to be, to find an island with 2-3 days left til that's possible, put down a bed, and a small chest with gold, and check back.

Edited by Yellowbeard
Typo
  • Like 1

If you play Official PvP, the bigger question is even if you do find some island that some mega company somehow forgot to claim, and you do claim it, how would you keep that claim? Once the mega company realizes its mistake, it is bound to come in wipe you out and claim the island and maybe thank you for pointing out the error of their ways :skull:

Edited by wildbill

You use the map to find an island. It's very straight forward. The problem is that even though plenty of islands become available every day, they aren't worth owning.

I don't believe that is the problem.  I believe the problem is hunters going around looking for people trying to establish a base then whipping that base and then moving on.

You're a pirate: just take one.

Find an island you want that is owned by a small, inactive company. Activate the declaim process while they are at war.

Alternatively, find unoccupied island by looking on the map for own-able islands without rings around them.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

On 1/16/2020 at 2:25 PM, wildbill said:

Good luck with that. I wouldn't play on the official servers unless someone paid me.

ok, cool story bro.

On 1/16/2020 at 6:09 PM, wildbill said:

If you play Official PvP, the bigger question is even if you do find some island that some mega company somehow forgot to claim, and you do claim it, how would you keep that claim? Once the mega company realizes its mistake, it is bound to come in wipe you out and claim the island and maybe thank you for pointing out the error of their ways :skull:

Wait, what? I thought you were a self professed unofficial only player? How do you account for your presumable knowledge of what goes on in a place that you wouldn't venture to without monetary compensation? 

Hold the phone! Are you getting paid?!

35 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

ok, cool story bro.

Wait, what? I thought you were a self professed unofficial only player? How do you account for your presumable knowledge of what goes on in a place that you wouldn't venture to without monetary compensation? 

Hold the phone! Are you getting paid?!

LOL, good point, although I'm not sure why it took you over a month to respond to my stupid post. :classic_biggrin:

I wish I was paid. I might be missing some fun, but can't even stand the thought of spending even a few hours to find out what they are like. I've tried playing on some official servers in ARK, even put in like 500 hours or so on a PvE. Maybe 50 hours on a few PvP servers.

Closest I came to the official Atlas servers was trying to login to an official PvP server when the game was first released and never really getting logged in anywhere that wasn't super laggy. I then tried an official PvE server and played there about a week. That was enough for me.

Edited by wildbill