bummerlunder

Medium walls / structure limit / Please ask for constructive opinions

With this post I would like to suggest introducing medium walls. These medium walls should snap into place like normal walls. With 4x4 walls z. B. The following advantages are obvious:
- e.g. a house wall of 28x8 wood walls could be saved by 4x4 medium walls 210 structures (on 1/16). The same with floors and ceilings
- less structures, less lag
- build more comfortably
- you don't get to the structure limit so quickly

Half disadvantage:
- more area is partly built on. However, this is already possible with large walls. So it won't degenerate into medium walls.

Best wishes

PS: I translated this text on the Internet from German, please check me for possible grammatical errors :)

Yes, we know, and said so in the past already... not happend in ARK, not happening here... you are only preaching to the choir...
Ja, wissen wir, und haben das in der Vergangenheit schon gesagt... passierte nicht in ARK, passiert nicht hier... du trägst nur Eulen nach Athen...

😢

14 hours ago, José Gaspar said:

There should be a wall that matches the size and style of each gate.

There is a mod that has huge walls the same size as the behemoth gates. I'm not sure, but they might have a few other sizes, each matching other gate sizes.

Regardless of whether or not it will happen, I do believe this is a good suggestion. For both games. 

They both have their ups and downs, and one will sometimes make up for what another lacks. As I play both - I have noticed a lot of what I like and hate about each. 

And one thing they are both missing out on, each to a different degree, are larger building segments. 

For example, you are posting about larger wall segments. 

And as a builder, I honestly prefer they take it a step further. Below are some examples;

• Tall Walls - 4 high
  • Medium Walls - 3 high
  • Short Walls - 2 high
  • Single Walls - 1 high (standard in game)
  • Small Square Walls - 2x2
  • Medium Square Walls - 3x3
  • Large Square Walls - 4x4

And that is just for the walls. I would also suggest that this be carried over to other building segments;

• Foundations
    • They would have the square variety outlined above along with a "Long" variety as opposed to "Tall". They would be one segment wide and would stretch forward the number of tiles associated. 
    • They would require that all pieces be able to snap within the height allowance of a standard foundation. If even one of the segments would not normally snap the piece would not allow placement. This could be outlines by showing a red outline of the piece when you go to place it as a whole or as the number of square that will fit in blue and the one that would not in green. The second option would show you where your issue would be so it could be scene as the more helpful. 
  • Ceilings & Sloped Ceilings
    • They could follow the same terminology as the foundations. Having both a square and a "long" format. 
    • Like the foundations they would have requirements for placement. The in case of a ceiling segment that stretches more than two places forward, this could mean that a supporting structure would be required before placement. 
  • Pillars
    • This is one that would go well with the "Tall" structures, sometimes severely cutting down on the number of pillars needed to support a structure. 
  • Stairs and Ramps
    • These could benefit from both a Tall and Square set up depending on the build
    • Both would require structure support beyond to segments if used, similar to that of the ceilings. 

Adding large building selections could help with lag just as the 4 high walls did in Ark. Those I played with noticed a severe change in lag once they made the change and I think it would work in this situation as well. Unfortunately they only went as high as the 4 high walls and did not take advantage of making addition pieces that could continue the shift to less building lag. 

And the best part about adding this to Atlas, because of the way the items are merged as one piece you can flip through the menu of, you could do the same with some of the items listed above if the point is to count the parts involved. 

That is just my opinion though.

*And this is from the perspective of a console player who does not have access to mods that may otherwise assist with this situation.