Okidoki

[Solved] Grills take 70 mins to refill when irrigated by reservoir.

NA Pve and single player games

When the grill is snapped to a pipe connecting to a stone reservoir or an intake pipe it will take 70 minutes for the grill to refill.

This is opposed to the 5 second complete refill which was working until last Tuesday.

The grill is sitting on a wood floor.

While i understand i can easily use water jugs to make dyes in the grill, i'm not going to keep doing this for the 100's of dye i need to use for custom sails and flags and the stacks of Ale i need to make for drunken pirate games.

Things I have done:

Re-piped grills.

Replaced grill and pipes.

Replaced intake and reservoirs.

Used water jugs.

Note: when crop plots are connected to the intake or reservoir, they fill instantly. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 1/20/2020

SOLVED:

Removing the grill and addanother straight pipe which goes into the ground.  Snap grill back onto the same spot.  Irrigation now works again.

Edited by Okidoki
Solved
  • Sad 1

Yes I'm getting the exact same issue. A few weeks ago on officials I setup a grill with 3 connected reservoirs on the roof of the building and pipes going down to the grill and it almost instantly refilled with water after making recipes. It was awesome. I recently started the game again on an unofficial and have just made a similar setup and now it just slowly trickle-feeds the grill with water. Very frustrating indeed. 

Please, please, please fix this slow water irrigation to the grill bug and make it work like it was before. 

The issue with the grill was always the order you placed them.

The pipes will not snap to the grill, even though it looks like they do. When you do it that way round you get the issue with the very slow re-fill.

You need to place the pipes first then snap the grill to the pipes.

Edited by Killer Keen

That's exactly what I did. I built a reservoir on the roof, laid the pipes down, then snapped the grill to the pipe. But it was very slow to fill up, whereas before it would make a bubbling sound and instantly refill. I'll try breaking and resnapping a grill to see if that fixes the problem. 

OK. I managed to fix it by running the pipe all the way down into the floor (instead of having it just reach to the grill). Water now flows thick and fast again. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 3:15 PM, Kitalon said:

OK. I managed to fix it by running the pipe all the way down into the floor (instead of having it just reach to the grill). Water now flows thick and fast again. 

Demo-ed the grill (the grill that snapped to the straight pipe and onto the wood floor)

Placed 1 straight pipe, straight down which brought the pipe through the floor and dirt.

Snapped grill back onto the same spot as before.

Irrigation is now instant again.

Thanks for the assistance KITALON