Sign in to follow this  
NoobieDooz

Updated info on Ghost Ship?

Ahoy! 

Been trying to find updated info on Ghost Ship, not easy....  (including asking in Atlas discord without secure replies). 

Got a few questions, most importantly:  Is Ghost Ship kill currently needed, to aquire all the sweet "bonus discovery points" that you get from Kraken, once you finished all powerstones?   ( I think u needed also the Ghost Ship previously, not sure how it is now).  For this question, please be very sure in your answer, such as "yes / no, because I have done Kraken after last wipe".  Thanks! 🙂

Would also appreciate anyway to find the current route.... Have googled with bad results. Also, the function of turning on the button in the quest log, does NOT seem to work... it shows me the ghost ship is on an island...  

Any further advice about the kill, how many ships needed, etc, also appreciated!  Cheers mates!  🙂   Thanks! 

Ghost ship doesnt give discovery points. Download the grid editor and the bottom central track on the grid is the ghost ship. It travels clockwise on that track. Killed it 2 days ago. The extra 20% gold is nice.

I guess I should add that it has 100k hp. It was hitting for 2k per cannonball on a 200% resistance schooner. Back cannons are the way to go, dont fight it broadside. With 200% cannons and 180% damage on the ship it took around 30 cannonballs, so bring the appropriate amount of balls for your build.

Oh, and one last thing. When it becomes night time and the ship becomes visible it is still invulnerable until it changes servers. Follow it 1 grid then lay into it when it goes across the grid border.

@Myrmidon  Oh, yeah, I didn't think the Ghost Ship itself gave any discovery points, so far I am with you.  But, is the Ghost Ship needed to get the "bonus" discovery points for Kraken ? I know you are supposed to do all powerstones, to get all the discovery points when you do Kraken.   I just don't know if the Ghost Ship is also counted as a "powerstone",  these days.  ( I think it used to be, before). 

Thanks for all the other info, very nice. I am not exactly sure if I can see/ make use of the "grid editor" if I am on official server, but i don't rly know how that works, so I guess I can try and download it. 🙂     Thanks again.

The ghost ship is no longer a powerstone. They added a new island that gives you that stone. Beyond the 20% gold buff (well worth it since most maps on claimed islands you lose 20% to tax anyways) there isn't any real benefit.