Sign in to follow this  
Jamesondrake

Making a Dock question.

I want to make a dockyard but where I want to set it up doesnt have great shore lines. Am i able to place foundations under the water and have ships park above it and drop anchor on the foundation?

Just start building your dock from the shore outward. Every 3 or so ceilings/floor plates, use pillars from the ceilings downward until you hit the seabed for support. Once you add a pillar support it will let you add you next few ceilings, repeat, repeat. It can be a bit tricky to snap them in place as you are swimming.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2020 at 3:07 AM, Jamesondrake said:

I want to make a dockyard but where I want to set it up doesnt have great shore lines. Am i able to place foundations under the water and have ships park above it and drop anchor on the foundation?

If you want to see a decent dock being built look up Radioman3's youtube Vids.. He is a fantastic builder.. 

As per @Gemini Five

Work out your height so the Cargo container is above it when docked.
The extend 3 ceilings out until it says you can't place it. Jump in the water and drop down pillars to the bottom. Make sure that it snaps to the ground by attempting to place another pillar below the last one and if it snaps, place it. Also put ropes down along the edge so you can get back onto the dock easier.

My dock has two sets of pillars going down at the end because it looks a bit silly and unstable having just a row a pillars down the middle.
Note my boats have a ramp+ceiling then a rope down to make it easier to board and get off the boat.

MyDock.jpg

Edited by moozoo