Acemac

Harvest bonus?

So my crew and I started playing about a week ago when the game went on sale on steam. we have had a good time so far. one thing that we noticed is that all of a sudden we do not harvest even half of what we used to and our tools break all the time now. I think this is because there was a harvest bonus going on for the holidays. Now that that bonus is over the game is brutal for us little guys. we Struggled to make our first few ships with the bonus and now it looks like we will never have enough materials to do anything.   so my question is do they do bonus weekends often? are those bonus weekends announced in advance? it was a lot of fun with the bonus but good lord without the bonus it's just silly how long it takes to get the stuff. I hope we get more bonus on weekends.  

• Like 1

They usally do a 2x harvest every weekend.

Biggest thing is get yourselves an elephant (wood bonus to harvest, best taming food is wheat), a giraffe (thatch, best taming is beets), and a bear (fibers, use honey).

And then get a few more bears, bc they are the go to for treasure maps and killing general pve stuff.

Yes we have got a few cargo bears and I want to figure out how to find an elephant this weekend but even their harvesting is next to nothing without the bonus. I just want a fleet of ships so we can fight on the water but all our play time is consumed with whacking trees to stay warm lol. 

Tropical zones and equatorial for eles/giraffes.

They get a weight reduction bonus plus something like 6x tool harvest for the correct material.

Its not huge vs a bonus weekend, but its alot more than tool harvesting.

When you have some decent animals you can still craft a galleon solo in 1 day. But yes, in the weekends it’s 2x again (even though they haven’t announced it this week, so let’s see what happens.) 

• Like 1

Highly likely that it wont happen this weekend due to the high amount of res we have been allowed to get over the last weeks , Was hoping for it myself also due to losing my ship last night to a bug 😕

But we will push through and prosper in the end 😄

29 minutes ago, Acemac said:

I thought hand gathering did not effect gathering with a tool? 

What do you mean? A 2x harvesting means 2x harvesting by hand, animal and any tool you have. 

• Like 1

Just give yourself a permanent harvest bonus.

Move off the official servers and on to a private server with 2x, 5x, or 10x harvest rates.

49 minutes ago, Khillian MacDille said:

It does sort of feel like the 2x rates should be the standard.  That said taking the gathering by hand traits helps a bit when you don't have tames

The current rate is actually a 2x rate. If you played the first few weeks Atlas was out, that was brutal. It was 1/2 the current rate. But I agree, 2x the default feels about right.

22 hours ago, Acemac said:

Yes we have got a few cargo bears and I want to figure out how to find an elephant this weekend but even their harvesting is next to nothing without the bonus. I just want a fleet of ships so we can fight on the water but all our play time is consumed with whacking trees to stay warm lol. 

I feel your struggles as you just entered this game. If you want we can let you build on our island we will provide protection unless you provoke our allies. If you like you can also join our company we play in pvp eu 

Your answer has already been answered so enjoy the game 

Private servers suck. I dont need abusive admins who live out their god complex because they are 12 year old boys without any love from mom in real life.

Try to survive on officials.Farm planks when the bonus is activated.

Shoot planks, while the bonus is not active.

Devs dont care about your comments, complains or suggestions. They just do what they want, shut the servers down without notification whenever they want and activate the bonus when they want.

Unfortunately not this weekend.

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2020 at 12:23 PM, Talono said:

Private servers suck. I dont need abusive admins who live out their god complex because they are 12 year old boys without any love from mom in real life.

Devs dont care about your comments, complains or suggestions. They just do what they want, shut the servers down without notification whenever they want and activate the bonus when they want.

This is perhaps your best post ever on these forums. 

On 1/12/2020 at 10:23 AM, Talono said:

So private servers suck, but then you go on to explain how apparently the official servers suck even more :classic_blink:

Ya, there are literally 1000 private servers out there, if you played on the ones run by 12 year olds, that would certainly suck. There are some run by adults that actually care about you having fun playing the game though. Way better than the officials, where no one cares what you do.