Lethal Epi

Freeport lodging

I think it would be cool if the buildings in freeport allowed players to claim a space to rent for a duration of time sort of like how we can hire crew. This space could have 1 of each crafting structure and a bed that becomes yours as long as you pay the rent. 

• Like 3

Why not just charge gold per hour to keep a ship safe..that could actually solve alot of problems. Keeping gold in the res box pays for safe anchoring in a Freeport..it could even be a pretty high rate to help balance larger/smaller groups. Simple fixes are great imo.

On 1/18/2020 at 1:41 PM, Viktor Ferrahgo said:

Why not just charge gold per hour to keep a ship safe..that could actually solve alot of problems. Keeping gold in the res box pays for safe anchoring in a Freeport..it could even be a pretty high rate to help balance larger/smaller groups. Simple fixes are great imo.

I think this would be a great idea.  It would resolve complaints about losing ships in free-ports, and about losing ships to offline pvp-ers all in one update...

• Like 1

One of the first good ideas i've seen in awhile! It would need to be thought out a bit to limit the amount of exploiting this would give to companies like SDC, it shouldn't allow more than a few people from any company, maybe like you said, one of each basic crafting station, but less than half the storage space in those stations, and only 1 small box for storage. Disabled for any company with more than 8 members. Disabled for any company with ANY allies. Cost per 24 hour IRL timeframe should increase substantially for every 20 character levels or something. No tames storage. 

could become a very cool mechanic. FYI: this is coming from a member of a very large PVP company. I would just love to see a bit of a safety net for smaller companies, and new players. You HAVE to provide a gateway for new players. . . . or they just leave. 

• Like 1

I've thought pretty often that new players (solo and small groups) should be able to anchor in freeports until they can carve out some lawless, or find a claimed island.  What's the point in having some level 10 who stored EVERYTHING they own (and it's not much) on a raft or sloop, and they lose it all while sleeping?

Granted, my stuff is fine.  Having to repair in shifts and such is fine for larger companies.  It would be NICE to be able to purchase tokens to keep ships from decaying for various missions, PVE and PVP, when you want to sail somewhere, and stage stuff overnight.  Without constantly repairing a galleon.

• Like 1

In Freeport ship planks leak after 9hr * Resistance...

At 266% Resistance you only need to go online once within 24h for 5mins to keep your stuff save 4EVA...

Would not recommend it for Gallies as they cost 10x to repair vs a brig...

Living in Freeport you will have so much time to play with the same ships every day... no replacing offlined ships... no taming new farm tames... no building weeks for indefensable bases and harbors... no gold farming for hundreds of npc defense that do not work...

just sail out again...

• Thanks 1

I like this idea. Maybe turn 2/ 4 of the surrounding lawless sectors of Freeports into pve islands with very small structure limit and 5 anchored ship limit per company. Add material based decay (like ship planks in Freeport ) to structures on land requiring you to repair your entire base (every single foundation, wall, door, window etc)  atleast once in a 48hr window using a resource chest and hammer. 

Make the water surrounding those islands full pvp for unanchored boats. 

There you have it. A PvP/ve setup for atlas. To keep the new guys safe. And also To keep the scaredy cats usually hiding in freeports paying through the nose and also heavily limited in growth. 

I know a mega can also use this function but atleast it has a brutal hard limit for them

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 8:54 PM, evilsmoo said:

I've thought pretty often that new players (solo and small groups) should be able to anchor in freeports until they can carve out some lawless, or find a claimed island.  What's the point in having some level 10 who stored EVERYTHING they own (and it's not much) on a raft or sloop, and they lose it all while sleeping?

Granted, my stuff is fine.  Having to repair in shifts and such is fine for larger companies.  It would be NICE to be able to purchase tokens to keep ships from decaying for various missions, PVE and PVP, when you want to sail somewhere, and stage stuff overnight.  Without constantly repairing a galleon.

This even more..a token. A set time for set amt of gold scaled by ship and/ or company size..gold is easy enough to get ( easy wildcard...its good the way it is) ALSO...what pirate never paid for safe port, while they drank and spent gold....just makes sense we shoukd be abke to pay a Freeport for safe srorage of a boat

Edited by Viktor Ferrahgo