KapitanKlaps

Xbox One X, sub 1080p res, very bad visuals, 10fps in freeports. Looks and runs a lot worse than Ark. Is this gonna be addressed on Xbox One X?

Hello, As a long time fan of Ark I've just bought the game for Xbox One X. It looks like Ark runs somewhere between 2k to 4k res with very high details and smooth framerate on Xbox One X. Atlas on the other hand, a game built on much newer version of UE4, runs at 1080p ( but looks worse, especially on the foliage like 900p)  has very bad framerate except SP mode (framerate in EMPTY freeports is below 10 fps!!!) and the graphics overall look like on ps2. This is really unacceptable. What's going on? I understand that Conan Exiles runs at 4k, with lots better visuals and framerate because the team might be a bit more talented or game is a tad less complicated, but How come Ark, your own game,  looks and runs on Xbox one X like a game that is a generation ahead of Atlas? Are there realistic plans to fix it? I was really expecting at least Ark level of performance and visuals. 

I remember when Ark released on xbox. It looked awful so I went back to it on PC. It improved visually over time on xbox.
Atlas on xbox when it launched on the platform looks much better than I remember Ark looking on xbox when it launched on the platform.
Hopefully they are able to improve upon it however, better is always good. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Um Ark ran at 480p on xbox in the early days. Atlas is HUGELY improved over the same period of Ark. Ive NEVER seen a noticable res drop. I do however get lag spikes and maybe 20fps with people hoarding ships and tames. 

The only way round that is limits, but people cry of such restrictions. This weekend I saw someone on chat complaining cos a snake killed over 200 of their parrots. WTF is wrong with you that you need that many, breeding doesnt if you're culling correctly. 

Its a neverending battle.

OP, Ark on official was the same on many of the servers I played on both with xbox and playstation (not sure about PC, but on PS4 server 34 had MANY bases that would blue screen everyone around them). Its the same hoarding behaviours, in EVERY game Ive played that doesnt place strict limits. 

Play on non ded with good admins, never had a problem then.  Otherwise, its just anways gonna be that way Im affraid.

3 hours ago, Bluestone said:

I remember when Ark released on xbox. It looked awful so I went back to it on PC. It improved visually over time on xbox.
Atlas on xbox when it launched on the platform looks much better than I remember Ark looking on xbox when it launched on the platform.
Hopefully they are able to improve upon it however, better is always good. 🙂

1 hour ago, Starsky said:

Um Ark ran at 480p on xbox in the early days. Atlas is HUGELY improved over the same period of Ark. Ive NEVER seen a noticable res drop. I do however get lag spikes and maybe 20fps with people hoarding ships and tames. 

The only way round that is limits, but people cry of such restrictions. This weekend I saw someone on chat complaining cos a snake killed over 200 of their parrots. WTF is wrong with you that you need that many, breeding doesnt if you're culling correctly. 

OP, Ark on official was the same on many of the servers I played on both with xbox and playstation (not sure about PC, but on PS4 server 34 had MANY bases that would blue screen everyone around them). Its the same hoarding behaviours, in EVERY game Ive played that doesnt place strict limits. 

Play on non ded with good admins, never had a problem then.  Otherwise, its just anways gonna be that way Im affraid.

Hey guys, I'm talking about Xbox One X, not standard Xbox. It always looked and ran amazing on Xbox One X....it's true it was crap on old one though. It was more blurry than Witcher on Nintendo Switch :D. I find it weird that it's the only game on the really powerful X that runs in such low res and bad fps, when even Ark looks and runs fantastic.

Edited by KapitanKlaps

Regardless, Ark has had time to improve optimisation on Xbox and Atlas will need time too.
I own both games on PC and Xbox.

8 minutes ago, Bluestone said:

Regardless, Ark has had time to improve optimisation on Xbox and Atlas will need time too.
I own both games on PC and Xbox.

That's very true. I wonder why they didn't use their optimization knowledge already in Atlas. It's pretty much the same game. Oh well. Guess I'll play and wait, it's amazing title. I've tried it just a while ago, and now I got 12 of my friends on board 😄

On 1/6/2020 at 2:53 AM, Starsky said:

The problem with dedi's, is that's its hard to find admins that aren't corrupt, as well as owners that care more about the people versus the income they could get from the players!