Chopa

Damned of Ships low range rendering, low spawns

Please fix this problem, 4-6 hours sail on empty golden regions, its not interested and stupid, drop like a sh... and 2-3 count of damneds.

I don’t get this thread. You have your view distance set to low and are complaining that they render in too late? And that there are not many around? That just differs. One grid has many of them, the other has none. It just depends on how frequently they get farmed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I don’t get this thread. You have your view distance set to low and are complaining that they render in too late? And that there are not many around? That just differs. One grid has many of them, the other has none. It just depends on how frequently they get farmed. 

I'am set draw distance maximal, ship draw distance maximal, world bufer maximal, rendering maximal.

I'am sail every day and i'am see what doings golden regions, if you not know about them please no spam. (ohh.. ee 2k posts.. please spam other treads bro)

Edited by Chopa

1 hour ago, Chopa said:

I'am set draw distance maximal, ship draw distance maximal, world bufer maximal, rendering maximal.

I'am sail every day and i'am see what doings golden regions, if you not know about them please no spam. (ohh.. ee 2k posts.. please spam other treads bro)

dont mind him too much percieval is not a very smart man (and rather toxic) that been said i dont think we will see any improvement on the game any time soon

1 hour ago, Chopa said:

You’re complaining about there being too less SoTD. Then find them, they have been farmed before you came there. That’s not too hard to understand now is it?

And having view distance set to Epic is more than enough to see them in time or to spot them at all. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

You’re complaining about there being too less SoTD. Then find them, they have been farmed before you came there. That’s not too hard to understand now is it?

And having view distance set to Epic is more than enough to see them in time or to spot them at all. 

My settings all okay, is Epic. 

You seriously think i would create a theme played 2,700 hours to this game and not trying out settings without swimming there for 5-6 hours with an online of 2-5 people, their team or alliance. Because of different mentality we can not understand each other, but it is about spawn and rendering distance sotds from server side.

There were much more damned ships before and in some cases we had to play pacman in regular travels. There were like hundreds of them each grid.

Alot of ppl were complaining about it here in forum. So I guess devs reduce amount of enemies, to stop all tears.

Right now there are at least 10 times less damned ships around, and ocean became more empty than ever. I was on my damned ship hunt recently in Golden and it took me around 2 hours to take down 7 damned ships.

But right now - this game is just that slow, you waste hours and hours to sail through empty wide ocean for resources and treasures. I've got masterwork canon blueprint and to create 10 cannons for my battle brig - I spent 3 days just for resources gathering. I didn't do anything else, just log in, gather food and ship maintenance resources then use sextant, set sails and then after 2nd sextant buff was about to end I anchor my ship for night somewhere. Next day totally slow overloaded ship was on my 3-4 hours way back to base.

In this state the game is for those who have all time in the world I guess...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

a

On 1/6/2020 at 4:10 PM, George Catcher said:

There were much more damned ships before and in some cases we had to play pacman in regular travels. There were like hundreds of them each grid.

Alot of ppl were complaining about it here in forum. So I guess devs reduce amount of enemies, to stop all tears.

Right now there are at least 10 times less damned ships around, and ocean became more empty than ever. I was on my damned ship hunt recently in Golden and it took me around 2 hours to take down 7 damned ships.

But right now - this game is just that slow, you waste hours and hours to sail through empty wide ocean for resources and treasures. I've got masterwork canon blueprint and to create 10 cannons for my battle brig - I spent 3 days just for resources gathering. I didn't do anything else, just log in, gather food and ship maintenance resources then use sextant, set sails and then after 2nd sextant buff was about to end I anchor my ship for night somewhere. Next day totally slow overloaded ship was on my 3-4 hours way back to base.

In this state the game is for those who have all time in the world I guess...

agree, damneds lot but not golden ruins

On 1/5/2020 at 11:31 AM, Percieval said:

Yes, it may technically be enough time to see them and stop. But as you can clearly see from all the posts about it, most people simply don't enjoy the extremely low pop-in distance. For one it is completely against the point of a sailing game, which is all about huge view distances except in fog.

The sense of danger they produce is wonderful, the Seas really feel Deadly. But the deadliness is on such a tiny time scale that it forces rapt attention for extended periods, in a game about huge distances and times, and very long animation cooldowns (for an action game).

That's why we see all these posts questioning the design conflict.

27 minutes ago, Califax said:

Yes, it may technically be enough time to see them and stop. But as you can clearly see from all the posts about it, most people simply don't enjoy the extremely low pop-in distance. For one it is completely against the point of a sailing game, which is all about huge view distances except in fog.

They're ghosts....

7 minutes ago, Chopa said:

more comments?

If you’re sailing for a couple hours in golden ruin grids and you can’t find any, there is nothing we can do about it. That never happens to me. 

• Like 1