moozoo

Beating Blackwood Snake Boss

As anyone done this solo without cheating?

I'm thinking double flintlocks or carbide for the snake boss , flame arrows + oil + grenades for the snakes that hatch with Creme Brulee for speed and no Armour.
For a solo player I don't see myself being able to destroy many eggs even with a legendary sword and entering combat slows you down.
What is the reward if any for successfully killing the snake boss and is it different based on Easy Or Hard?

The answer is No. And from the response to my question I'm guessing I'm the only one insane enough to play blackwood this much.

There is a way up the waterfall to a spot where you can shoot the at the snake boss without the spawned normal/bigger than normal cobra getting you.
With the default PlayerDamageMultiplier=1.0 using a masterwork Carbide (144%) You will use up 10 minutes of the 30 minutes getting  the snake boss hp down 1/4 to trigger phase two. ie. even with no phases, just shooting it, you can't shoot down the snake boss in time.
In phase 2 it disappears and you have to kill all the cobra to proceed. The only way to do this is with grenades. And.. the number of grenades to get through the whole encounter will make you overweight (I have 480.7 in weight). There are 4 or 8 Phases depending on how you count them.

At PlayerDamageMultiplier=3.0 you have to dps to kill the snake boss and run about a bit but you will still run out of grenades unless you perfectly round them up each time.
At ~700 hrs playing blackwood and on my 5th attempt (using admin fly to get my gear back) I said stuff this.
Even using god mode and using my legendary sword (176%) to kill all the spawned cobra/hatched cobra I still only did it with a couple of minutes to spare.

FYI there where spawned in cobra falling from the roof. They don't all hatch from eggs.

I think with default setting you need at least 5 players to do "Easy". Two focus on the Snake boss and Three on the all eggs/cobras.

Killing the snake boss gives you Voyage Of Power/Explore the depths. Which results in one dance and a submarine that you can't build because it requires 3 Gems and with blackwood you only have two lol Ruby (leery /cyclops island) and Emeralds (mermaid city).

Dev's if your listening please make Easy mode 2-4 snakes per player in the arena and have the Easy mode give a primitive sub and each level above that giving a higher quality sub. That way Solo players on dedicated severs at least aren't locked out of having a sub.

And... I still don't know why I need a sub. I explored Mermaid city perfectly fine with just the diving suit and moving the ship every now and then. Yes I know how to handle mermaids, sharks and crabs solo.

I did the snake boss solo with the adjustment sliders well in my favour and also entered on easy mode. And it was still the fight of my life.

• Like 1