Telhma

Lost my Giraffe, 2 times in one trip.

I love this game

Traveling 6 hours with my brig from 01 to 08 to get a giraffe.

on the way down in 06 i see it is gone, sail half a grid back to find it swimming.

In O4 It is lost again. tracking our path down 1 and a half grid, but nowhere it can be found.

Spend 11 hours for nothing in this game again. pfffffff

I love this game, but i see why we play with 3 players on our server.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 8ball said:

Why on earth would it take you 6 hours to sail 7 grids??

Maybe he only has a small speed sail on his ship, you don’t know. 

• Like 1

I've never lost animals from the ship since they fixed the send to ship command. If I do see an animal jumping or feet off the deck I quickly jump on it to reset it then run back to the wheel as I'm usually solo these days when playing.

This game is a real grind and I think it needs to change for the people who don't have alot of time on their hands. Fortunately I do have the time but it's not fun for people who don't and they lose their things like this.

These days I only log in to reset timers and feed animals. The game has become to boring for me now, very little to do anymore, repetitive. The game needs a huge shakeup with new things added. The communication from the devs is appalling. They could easily share things with the community to keep people interested, the longer they stay silent the more people will leave. They should take notice because new games are just around the corner, couple of months including New World and possibly Skull and Bones. I know for one once these are released it is bye bye Atlas for me as it stands.

9 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I've never lost animals from the ship since they fixed the send to ship command. If I do see an animal jumping or feet off the deck I quickly jump on it to reset it then run back to the wheel as I'm usually solo these days when playing.

This game is a real grind and I think it needs to change for the people who don't have alot of time on their hands. Fortunately I do have the time but it's not fun for people who don't and they lose their things like this.

These days I only log in to reset timers and feed animals. The game has become to boring for me now, very little to do anymore, repetitive. The game needs a huge shakeup with new things added. The communication from the devs is appalling. They could easily share things with the community to keep people interested, the longer they stay silent the more people will leave. They should take notice because new games are just around the corner, couple of months including New World and possibly Skull and Bones. I know for one once these are released it is bye bye Atlas for me as it stands.

The whole grinding aspect is very hard to balance out, if not extremely hard. Making something more ‘solo’ or ‘time’ friendly, makes the gap between large and small companies way bigger. For PvE I can understand that people with less time want more, but that’s not something everyone wants. For me personally, I don’t want the game to be too easy. I need a grind to achieve something, just as I want to get rid of the OP tames which ensure you can make a galleon in a few hours. I think they’re at a good spot now, grinding wise. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Percieval said:

The whole grinding aspect is very hard to balance out, if not extremely hard. Making something more ‘solo’ or ‘time’ friendly, makes the gap between large and small companies way bigger. For PvE I can understand that people with less time want more, but that’s not something everyone wants. For me personally, I don’t want the game to be too easy. I need a grind to achieve something, just as I want to get rid of the OP tames which ensure you can make a galleon in a few hours. I think they’re at a good spot now, grinding wise. 

Simple solution for those that like more for less work is to play on an unofficial server. I'm currently playing on a 100x harvest server. There is still plenty to do and still lots of fun even though I spend very little time harvesting. Harvesting is just one of the many grinds in this game (a big one of course with vanilla settings). The devs made the ini settings for a reason. Everyone likes to play the game a bit different and you are bound to find some server with like minded people as you if you look hard enough.

Edited by wildbill

On 1/3/2020 at 12:09 AM, 8ball said:

Why on earth would it take you 6 hours to sail 7 grids??

Yea, i used a scooner with 2 handling and one weight sail. + cargo boxes.  does not goes that much faster 😞

4 hours ago, Telhma said:

Yea, i used a scooner with 2 handling and one weight sail. + cargo boxes.  does not goes that much faster 😞

Then it’s kinda.. naive to complain. I mean, weight sails on a schooner are not worth it AT ALL, especially when you have 2 cargo racks on it. And a handling sail... that’s the worst setup I ever heard. Maybe the giraffes lagged off because of the cargo boxes that take all the space on your deck. I never had an animal fall off, only when I’m in a tornado. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Percieval said:

Then it’s kinda.. naive to complain. I mean, weight sails on a schooner are not worth it AT ALL, especially when you have 2 cargo racks on it. And a handling sail... that’s the worst setup I ever heard. Maybe the giraffes lagged off because of the cargo boxes that take all the space on your deck. I never had an animal fall off, only when I’m in a tornado. 

😕 we now made a new ship, but that was the only one i had available, and it is made for farming and killing whales. if you live in 01 and have to travel all the time for fiber and wood, you want to have a ship that can cary something 😛 and if you farm whales, you need to be able to move 😛

but yea, i know have a galeon, it goes much faster. (with 5 handeling sales and a weight sale, maybe that does not make it better 😛)

On 1/2/2020 at 6:35 PM, Percieval said:

Maybe he only has a small speed sail on his ship, you don’t know. 

You're right, why do you think I asked? I see his answer . Now, for the op, always use the largest sail you can, ie. Large speed and small speed for a schooner. When you can make them, of course. If you can't,  come see me in K4, southern discomfort, will make them got you.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:43 AM, Telhma said:

😕 we now made a new ship, but that was the only one i had available, and it is made for farming and killing whales. if you live in 01 and have to travel all the time for fiber and wood, you want to have a ship that can cary something 😛 and if you farm whales, you need to be able to move 😛

but yea, i know have a galeon, it goes much faster. (with 5 handeling sales and a weight sale, maybe that does not make it better 😛)

Grats on the galleon. I made a cargo galleon, 5 large speed, 1 large handling. I would lose your weight sail and I would suggest sails like mine. The difference in speed is something you will appreciate. Mine us levelled to 200 resist and it's up to 41000 in weight, iirc. I never put more than 3 cargo boxes on it and keep my weight to no more than 50%. 

Wonderful, and it happened again. again traveling whole day to tame a pet, put it on the down deck now, do is could not fall off the ship.

2 zones before i get back home, i go down... to see nothing.

Who thought you could ragequit on pve in Atlas.

52 minutes ago, Telhma said:

Wonderful, and it happened again. again traveling whole day to tame a pet, put it on the down deck now, do is could not fall off the ship.

2 zones before i get back home, i go down... to see nothing.

Who thought you could ragequit on pve in Atlas.

Something wrong with the server or you ship then because i've never lost any animals for a long time. I have a tame gallion with animals on bottom and they have been fine. I've also had the animals on schooner and Brig without a problem.

I know this used to be a problem though but as far as I know it has been fixed. If I was you I would just buy your tames, do the maps and you will have money in no time. There is alot of animals to buy from people, some on my server have been selling for 300g not really high level animals but good enough to gather resources etc.

57 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Something wrong with the server or you ship then because i've never lost any animals for a long time. I have a tame gallion with animals on bottom and they have been fine. I've also had the animals on schooner and Brig without a problem.

I know this used to be a problem though but as far as I know it has been fixed. If I was you I would just buy your tames, do the maps and you will have money in no time. There is alot of animals to buy from people, some on my server have been selling for 300g not really high level animals but good enough to gather resources etc.

Ah, thanks, but i get them, just to breed with them. That's why it frustrates me so much, because it cost so much time to go get there, and then looking around to find level 29 or 30 ones. But well, i gonna stop dropping my frustration here 😛  it's just a game after all 🙂

*chuckles* lost a couple of bears today due to this actually.  Ended up making a suggestion on the suggestion forums for animal cages with a system similar to how sails work, based on animal and ship size, just a safe storage bin to hold 1 animal a piece

Travelled all day yesterday, probably crossed 20 borders but not 1 of my 3 animals on ship has fell off. It’s probably luck. 

• Like 1