Malkshurr

After 1 000 h of gameplay

Most of it on PVE like 80 % now

So, I return to Atlas after a while, I was hoping that most of the stupid mistakes will be repaired after a 5 months of my brake from game.

Guess what. They was not!

First of all, a sailing simulation , it was very very nice to sail in game the filing of it was so nice ( I did not sail irl ), an now you broke it !!! I don’t know what happened and when, but when I sail, I haw a wired d-sinc it looks like my ship sailing on code but graphics of waves is covering my ship to half of the height of the mast, and fallowing with flaying ship whey above the water.

Next – Why berries give vitamin c boost and berry tea give vitamin a boost ??

Can you make cooking system that is actually nice to interact, right now I don’t see any sens to use cooking for hunger and vitamins, only for buff, there is no sens in it, there is more meals with one vitamins combination then the other and if you want to make like 2 meals for all needs ( vit and hunger ) You can’’t or is very problematic to find ingredient.

Making game easier is not making it better, all the hunger and vit effects was good idea but wrong implementation. You have to have drawbacks when it is a little survival game, for now there is no sens for vitamins system at all.

Skills, just OMG

Progression of some skill tree just don't make sens, why you have to unlock hand to hand combat for harvesting skill, make it on his own or strap it to cooking or building or even farming …

Why Weaving is between tire of buildings, you don’t do it for buildings

Why sword and pike is a separate skill ( the first level )??

Why improved steady aim required Explosives And we got 3 skills for better quality bows fallow by grenades !! Just allow a firearms to be learned after a bow skill like advanced steady aim

In shipbuilding you can get sloop and small handling sail in one skill and afterword you can make a speed or weight sail, in bigger ships is sail first then ship

Preservatives should come from cooking not from farming – and change the icon

And the worst thing in skills

One skill is + 10 % per level and on the end is 30 %

other is like +10 +15 +25 and end result is +25 % Really

Sextans skill don’t provide bonus you get 7200 sec of buff time from one skill and the next don’t do much of a difference.

Sightseeing should give you boost to see a SotD from further away

And islands

Shoreline, there is a lot of very nice bays that can house more players, and allow them to create a city of some sorts ( if there is mechanics for it - claiming sucks -) but you can't sail in them because there or to shallow or at the entrance is a ridge preventing any ships to swim in, We need more shallow navigable waters, some can be cowered in mangrove, but with space to build homes and shipyards

BPC ….

Good idea with different minerals, from what I know it is that a gray BPC can get from lets say 0 to 10 % but a pink one can get from 0 to120 %

Make it like its green its not less then gray

It is for sure not all, but I just want say something, because I like this game a lot and I want it to be something more, but I know no one will care,

Just do like you said guys, sit down and tackle basics and build more on that solid base, do not add another jesus feature which will be broken because of core gameplay mechanics. You can add more ships, and ships building materials and more ability customize ships, but don’t brake old ones.

I like this game, I play it, and I enjoy it, with couple of my friends, and still think its a mess, in some parts.

and yes for PvPvE server

Edited by Malkshurr
  • Like 5

Same here. I've been gone since May till late autumn and found that game plays a bit different, but yet a lot of weird thing happened.

This wave issue - it's happens after storm. Because the way wind rotates is out of sync with wave direction, and I guess ship moves with right waves and we see wrong ones. I once had waves moving opposite direction to wind.

I also noticed that "+sail velocity" in speed sail blueprints is gone. Does it mean - better speed sails no longer increase speed? It's a bit strange.

We still have skill that increase radius we see thru fog of war (which is no longer exists in a game).

Tames are still irreplaceable.

Ship leveling is now dramatically long (like few days ago I was on my damned ship hunting, I took down about 4 schooners all from lvl-30 to lvl-60, I took like 5 brigs, all lvl-54+, and one Galley lvl-26 and guess what? With this holiday buff I got JUST +1 LVL from 35 to 36. Most blueprint I've got is masterwork one).

When you rebuild something in your base - random railings and ceilings all over the place are keep disappearing.

We still have rain with -20'c (-4'f) and snowfall when it's +25'c (+77'f), we've got like 3-4 fog waves during the daytime in tundra.

• Like 2

I agree also, I've stopped playing it and I only log in to reset my timers and feed the animals.

I'm hoping the update this month is going to bring us new changes, I won't h old my breath though. Until they add more things into the game then I won't be playing it anymore. For me the development is far to slow, for 1 year you would probably expect to see alot more things implemented in the game by now.

My opinion is I don't think they will end up with a good finished game, judging by how it's gone in 1 year tells me they are incapable of developing this game into what it should be like. I don't think bringing 1 new person onboard is going to change that.

With Other games coming up such as New World and maybe Skull and Bones, I think they will lose many more players, people have just got fed up of it and I start to find it repetitive. There is nothing to keep players engaged in the game, especially trading wise. Freeports are just left in the game empty, I mean anyone with half a brain should know these zones could be used for many things and bring players together but nothing has been done with them for a year.

The honeymoon period for this game was well and truly over months and months ago and until the devs wake up and take notice then it's downhill all the way. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I agree also, I've stopped playing it and I only log in to reset my timers and feed the animals.

I'm hoping the update this month is going to bring us new changes, I won't h old my breath though. Until they add more things into the game then I won't be playing it anymore. For me the development is far to slow, for 1 year you would probably expect to see alot more things implemented in the game by now.

My opinion is I don't think they will end up with a good finished game, judging by how it's gone in 1 year tells me they are incapable of developing this game into what it should be like. I don't think bringing 1 new person onboard is going to change that.

With Other games coming up such as New World and maybe Skull and Bones, I think they will lose many more players, people have just got fed up of it and I start to find it repetitive. There is nothing to keep players engaged in the game, especially trading wise. Freeports are just left in the game empty, I mean anyone with half a brain should know these zones could be used for many things and bring players together but nothing has been done with them for a year.

The honeymoon period for this game was well and truly over months and months ago and until the devs wake up and take notice then it's downhill all the way. 

Totally agree.  From the very beginning people were playing the game thinking this would be the next big MMO, the WoW killer if you will.  I don't think the Devs vision aligned with that.  Freeports should have became some kind of hub, more MMO elements and randomized systems should have been added into the game encouraging player interaction.  But nothing, instead they focused on singleplayer, and PVE mob events which are honestly pathetic in design and not very fun.  The cooperative and competitive player interaction is what should have been nurtured and is what the game that I think everyone at launch was desiring.

• Like 1

But nothing, instead they focused on singleplayer, and PVE mob events

...a-a-a-and more types of tames. Like hell we want em : ))

(I personally would love to see just a single horse with cargo carriage in basic skill, and more tools to avoid all tames/breeding skill-tree at all. By tools I mean for example mythic scythe gather resource as well as bear, etc).

Currently testing if i give it another shot myself, but i have seen that there are still so many things not working... Logging out on a ship that moves while you are offline still drops you off in the same sector next to the waterborder swimming.. Still tons of ghost resources you cant harvest... But we got annoying cats running around in Freeports. That's what every Pirate game really needs.

2 hours ago, Grongash said:

Currently testing if i give it another shot myself, but i have seen that there are still so many things not working... Logging out on a ship that moves while you are offline still drops you off in the same sector next to the waterborder swimming.. Still tons of ghost resources you cant harvest... But we got annoying cats running around in Freeports. That's what every Pirate game really needs.

Playing Atlas requires a good sense of humor and skepticism. 

The cats just make me laugh. I agree, I can't see any reason for them to be added, but they sure are funny to see.

On a ship, I'm just cautious. I don't even try to see what happens if I jump while on a moving ship. I expect I'll end up in the water, but maybe not. Same for a logging in and out. Why would you even attempt something like that. Just don't push your luck on stuff like that. I only log out if the ship is anchored. Same for logging in. I don't expect any more for Atlas than I would of a ARK modded map that is 99% finished. Most of those have resources you can't harvest too. Still fun to play with them if you don't expect too much.

Would I play ARK on official or with low multipliers? No way. Still fun though under the right circumstances (like with a mod that removes the need to balance vitamins).

I don't understand the developers and PR managers in general. They need to work with the forum community, read about the problems we talk about, and fix them as we are the most important factor for them. We give them money to have a bit of fun, and they should serve us because we are the consumers. There are a lot of things to be fixed, maybe they don't have enough time because they work on something else, but the fact is the fact, so many months passed and nothing changed. The game has great potential, but the attitude of the workers is lower than the game quality. I really hope that they will do something and improve the working principles as those guys from joker388. They also had problems, but after good management, everything changed in a few months. Now everything is great, the platform works perfectly, and the players are amazed about the quality.

Edited by MsAkagi