DLS_Derkah1988

Question about Non Official Server Settings (Need some help)

Sorry I didnt know where to ask this. 

I rented a server through Nitrado and I am only getting the home port, free port and the map showed me 4 different squares but its limiting me to the one square. 15$ for 30 days for 10 slots. 

So does that mean I have to buy the other squares? 15$ per square? $60 dollars a month for 4 squares? Kinda dumb and expensive. 

Ark and Conan you spend the $10 for the slots and get the whole map...

Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks..

ps. If its what im seeing it as I dont plan on running a server at all.  

Edited by DLS_Derkah1988

I really dunno how Nitrado works, but I think you're buying a 2x2 server, with 1 freeport. So, you can only join to the server by the freeport and, after that, you'll be able to move around the 4x4 map. Almost this is how a server works normally...

Each server makes up a grid, so if you want a 2x2, you’ll need 4 separate servers. Unlike Ark, Atlas doesn’t have cross-ark, instead the servers merge together to form grids.

You start with a home server, then every other server must be an extension server to add to the grid. If you only want a single server, that’s fine because you can adjust the home server settings to no longer limit the XP and level cap. Also, every server can be heavily customised, so you can add a lot of islands in yourself.

If like me, you want a fuller experience without the effort, you’ll need to run the Blackwood map (comes with a lot of flaws mind you) as it doesn’t run as a normal grid, and is a standalone server that is approximately the size of 3 normal servers.