Sign in to follow this  
rawrizamonster

Contest Claim

So I'm confused on how claiming pve islands works. They're pretty much never claimable unless they're in the polar regions. When my company claimed an island on NA PVE, there was another company that contested our claim.. We eventually left said island because well yetis are mean and a lot of the polar islands are kind of blah. We're living in lawless right now but i'm curious how those people were able to contest our claim?

If people have 200k gold in their flag do they just keep that island for weeks even if they don't log in?

Is there any way to contest territory in pve?

Nope, there is no way to contest claims once the claim is done in PVE. However, if they allow the island to go into decay by not logging on(10 days), they will lose it no matter how much gold they have squirreled away in it. Contesting only occurs while you are actively claiming. If somone runs up and drops a flag in the radius of your dropped flag while you are waiting for the hour to count down (hit H to see radius) both flags timers will stop counting down till somone gives up.  There are various tactics to get around this, but it so very rarely happens now, not really worth going into. So, if there is a shiny island that you want, all you can do is hope the current owners do as so many others have and move on to other ventures.

But what happens when you drop a flag and another company drops another flag on the other side of the island 10 minutes later? Because im in this dilemma. After i claimed the island it showed us that our clain was contested, and when i run around the island i found the other flag. Im still around that flag waiting for the guy to give up. Does that flag really contests our clain and if i let it count down he will have the island??

You are on PVE. If they drop a flag 10 minutes after you and it is outside the radius of your flag, then they will see your claim go through 10 minutes before them. The only way to stop the timer is to drop another flag within the radius of anothers already placed and counting down flag during a claim. Standing there does nothing. You drop you flag. Make sure someone stays within the radius for the full hour so the timer keeps ticking down, and that is it. They can run over, shout mean things at you, crawl around on the ground and bark animal noises, unless they drop a flag within the radius of yours, nothing happens. They can only have one claim flag on a island per company (not to say there are not ways around that). Each time they move their flag it costs the original amount to drop again (not really an issue since gold is/has been stupid easy for competent companies to get)