Talono

One basic sloop with one cannon meta...

im telling you.... AUTOMATED SHIPPING AND NPC TRADE ROUTES.... would save this game and make it more playable for everyone, especially those who are not in massive companies. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

15 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Who mentioned anything about a giant fortress? Or a huge island for that matter? You have a little shack and it's gone. You either haven't played PvP or you are part of a large company. Your solo doesn't exist, not in this game. Good luck with sailing as a solo after spending the time to build your ship.

This is where your small thinking is restricting you. The shack doesn't matter if there is nothing inside it. So you gotta replace a few walls and crafting benches? No worries when your goodies are hidden in very hard to find or even raid places.  You can even do the "open raided" base trick where you leave your walls blown up and only keep a room upstairs closed off with your stuff in it. Looks like your base is raided, so most people move along and leave it alone. Worried about your tames? Drop them at a freeport overnight and pick them up tomorrow. Your ship? Find a couple islands with different raid timers. Talk to the owners about parking there during their peace time - most don't care. If you are green anchored and peace time your boat can't be touched. There are tons of little tricks to reduce the risk of losing stuff in game. You'll never compete with medium or large size companies - but you can play. You just gotta learn to play smart and play within your means.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Worried about your tames? Drop them at a freeport overnight and pick them up tomorrow. Your ship? Find a couple islands with different raid timers. Talk to the owners about parking there during their peace time - most don't care. If you are green anchored and peace time your boat can't be touched.

see there is the problem. YOU HAVE TO DO IT EVERY FUCKIN DAY. i am not playing pvp because it forces you play like a nolifer. THAT IS TERRIBLE GAMEDESIGN. the game needs full offline protection or it will never succeed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sau said:

the game needs full offline protection or it will never succeed. 

Full offline protections does not work... this is not CS...

It is not the problem that they cannot destroy your stuff while you are offline... it is that YOU cannot destroy their stuff, because they will use it also, killing your PVP experience of the game... and you call that a success... it is called PVE...

You complain about being offlined... well guess what, you would never see another online player... because one of you will log out ASAP before risking their stuff encountering someone else...

You might think they might invest more time in local dedi server configiration and small group play then, eh? 

Got at least 6 purchases lined up if it were possible to host a server for less than 1000gb ram.........

On 1/7/2020 at 5:58 AM, Sheepshooter said:

I would not say that in PVP ships should be exempt from damage while anchored.
I recommended multiple rules (it is still a game) to keep not only ships "safer".

Like a claim gives full protection but for the flag area, so every ship and settler is safe on a claimed island until it falls - would also help with the harbor and settler structure count, as there would only be need for one fortress... unfortunately they would have to finally FIX defensive PVP, as it does not work while "offline"...

Other option for ships is to make them way more 'unsinkable'... it is very hard to sink a sail ship with just cannonballs above the waterline... usually a fire destroys the ship... the cannons prime target and use was to kill the crew, so the ship cannot work anymore... under that idea the defender has a choice if his ship gets sunk or he just looses resources...

- yes, strudyness only prolongs the sinking... so it takes a few minutes more for it to sink when the planks leak while you are offline for a few more hours...
resistance is the way to go...

- not sure, not tested on official yet... depends on when the damage factor is calculated for the 12hour full damage or if it is fixed number for each ship type...

- have to say lawless is the biggest game killer... everyone in build up is pissed that everyone else just destroys their stuff for NO GAIN most of the time... the only gain is that the other guy has less again... and the same people will start to destroy the other peoples stuff the moment they manage to get a cannon going... so stupid...
funny enough that does not happen between island owners as such behavior is a war declaration... and as most owners are in a alliance they are even less inclined to attack anyone stupidly...
though the owners do go hunting in lawless as well - and they are in even less need to steal from the bottom dwellers in lawless, so it is just for fun = toxic...

- well bases can be safe, but not because of any NPC defense...
you have to have it cannon-tame safe = high...
you have to have it climbing protected = straight high...
you have to have it glider protected = highest point around...
then only a drake can come and drop of dudes... so you have to have NPCs for the dudes...
but you need PCs with guns for the drake and kill him ASAP...
so you are F'd if you are offline like in a war-token scenario...

although I know of a pillar so high that you can build into the upper server limit, where you die instantly = so no drake can fly above your base...
but it is a shitty spot for getting up there...

fun thing is, even if you can raid such a base, there is nothing there to raid... everything should be in an underwater FOB and you will not carry away the resources, if they are not pop-corned by the owner before that... yeah you might kill a breeding line...
that is the point, you never gain anything form any PVP in this game (if everyone is playing smart, and hiding their stuff)... you only set back the other guy...

that is why the only end goal in Atlas PVP is to get the other guy to leave the game because of you making playing for him impossible (at least in his mind = where it counts)...
that is whats  killing the game = people leave...

the second-to-last guy leaves when he realizes that all his defenses do not work at all and he has no fair chance to survive an attack...
and not only that... the attacker has basically no cost/investment in taking the defender down who invested a lot (time) just to be not "safer" at all...

and the winner - last bob standing - gets...: a dead server, dead game... welcome to Atlas single player...
this works on the ARK network where it is no problem if only one group lives on a server and kills of (for protection) any newcomer... there are more connected other servers to find a place... in Atlas the server grid is not big enough to hide away... and they will find you... and they will wipe you again 'just because'... until you leave the game...
perfect business model...

On 1/8/2020 at 7:54 AM, Percieval said:

That I can just anchor away when being chased. Great way to unbalance ship fights is to make them invincible immediately after being anchored. Add a 30 or 60 sec timer to it, then we’re talking. 

Absolutely. Even a 10-30 Min timer. Probably should have said something about that earlier.

On 1/8/2020 at 4:13 AM, Sheepshooter said:

Think your idea through...
The attacker comes when he wants to your island... you could not preemptively attack his ships, because they where invincible... now they come to you...
And all your stuff is in your ships and there is nothing to destroy for them...
Oh you can take away their island claim... no you can't, because they don't have the island claimed or defended... because the claim is not as save as their anchored ships...
For the fun of it, the attacker gets a bunch of sloops going and corner your ships in so you cannot leave... hell they could just slap down a tiny shipyard and spam rafts and dinghy...
They bring in a land attack base-ship so they can grief you while you are running around farming or such... you cannot do anything to this spawn base, because it is anchored... will be so much fun when the naked guys run around with spears zerging your tames...
The only thing you will loose is your mythical shipyard all the time... because it is the only target available and therefore now worth destroying everytime ...
Gold will become more useless, because you do not need to waste it on claims and almost useless NPC defenses...
The only upside of your idea is that the XBobs don't have to deal with the structure lag... there will be way way way less structures...
The insider will be the way to go... if your are on the inside you can un-anchor the other guys otherwise not protected ships and sink them...

Please do understand that if there is a way to grief people will find it... just take a look at the PVE servers and what they do to each other... Atlas is so messed up that PVE is the toxic form of Atlas PVP...

1. Not ALL of your stuff is on the ship. If it is, then you don't have very much stuff. Just what a ship can hold. The obvious adjustment is the ship limit count. Easy.

2.  You can only anchor on the coast. Its not usually a fast and easy process. Trapping someone in with sloops? Not likely. Further more, I would not count anything smaller than a sloop as a ship. The immunity would not extend to them. Shipyards are not immune from dmg.

4. You take the island, then you actually ( I believe), have the option to remove all ships and structures for a short period of time. Demo is not disabled, just dmg. This actually adds some incentive to owning/claiming the island. Gold would increase slightly in value because of this.

5. Less structures, good for ALL, not just the console kids.

6. Insiding is already the way to go. 

7. Now the ship FoB, that one I concede to, although I don't think its as broken as you might. It can't deal dmg either remember, and can only hold so many supplies. People and tames would still be vulnerable to dmg, unless they were inside of the ship, which would not be attacking you at that point. However, I have a solution. Disable immunity while the combat window is open. Its not what I would prefer, but a step in the right direction none the less. Lawless, there is no window, always safe anchoring.

Keep in mind the DEVS, not me, stated that the ships should be bases. I simply agree with them.

Look, no real pirate is sinking a ship if it can be helped.

On 1/8/2020 at 11:16 AM, eeeceee said:

What are you talking about? That is invincible if it woudlt receive or deal dmg while anchored.

It would only be "invincible" while anchored. It can still be demolished. To me, that is not really invincible, but you can call it that while its anchored if you like.

If you demolish (scuttle?) my myth gally, or your own, you are an asshole

Edited by eeeceee

On 1/9/2020 at 6:32 PM, Chucksteak said:

1. Not ALL of your stuff is on the ship. If it is, then you don't have very much stuff. Just what a ship can hold. The obvious adjustment is the ship limit count. Easy.

2.  You can only anchor on the coast. Its not usually a fast and easy process. Trapping someone in with sloops? Not likely. Further more, I would not count anything smaller than a sloop as a ship. The immunity would not extend to them. Shipyards are not immune from dmg.

4. You take the island, then you actually ( I believe), have the option to remove all ships and structures for a short period of time. Demo is not disabled, just dmg. This actually adds some incentive to owning/claiming the island. Gold would increase slightly in value because of this.

5. Less structures, good for ALL, not just the console kids.

6. Insiding is already the way to go. 

7. Now the ship FoB, that one I concede to, although I don't think its as broken as you might. It can't deal dmg either remember, and can only hold so many supplies. People and tames would still be vulnerable to dmg, unless they were inside of the ship, which would not be attacking you at that point. However, I have a solution. Disable immunity while the combat window is open. Its not what I would prefer, but a step in the right direction none the less. Lawless, there is no window, always safe anchoring.

Keep in mind the DEVS, not me, stated that the ships should be bases. I simply agree with them.

Look, no real pirate is sinking a ship if it can be helped.

1. Ships can carry infinite stuff and tames while anchored...
2. Going full speed towards island and spamming X is hard to do...? Also are you already negotiating your idea because you have not thought about the anchored ship spam to lock your ship in...?
4. Foundation structures are what gets the boot, not ships... because ships are easy to get rid of currently...
7. Unlimited resources (which you can also resupply from the attacked island), as much gear as you can fit storage on the the ship (like hundreds of large boxes on a gally PER DECK), as many tames as you can stack on it. and because it does not need any other skills, at least up to 41 beds to re-spawn the Zerg... did I mention that you can hide inside from any defender fire...?!?!

- I agree with the devs which agree with the majority of their customers, but only few live like this currently and it is way more fun than base grinding for nothing...

- No real pirate will waste cannon balls on a ship of which he has defeated the crew already... and if he really wanted to sink/destroy it, could do it later with fire...
That is the point really... as a pirate you are limited on crew and usefulness owning many ships you cannot use anyway... what you want is the stuff in the ship and not give anything back... that is the creed, yarr!
In Atlas you sink the ship to get easy access to the ship while the defender cannot re-spawn anymore... while the defender will try to popcorn your stuff because of it... you build tons of ships because they sink so easy and mostly while you are not there... Atlas pirate ships are Herring not Sharks... safety in numbers... but getting eaten by cannon bears...

If there was less ship sinking it would mean less problems with everything else in the game, hell they could leave the broken land PVP as is, because no one would care anymore... everyone would be out sailing... enjoying ship PVP... not shooting sitting ducks on a beach...

FWIW: 

The trick with these resistance buffed ships is working very well. Too bad that this means you have to login for repairs very often.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:42 AM, Ktorr said:

The "secret" to anchoring in a Feeeport is to frequently log in and repair the planks.  No other option.

The more HP on planks, the longer they will last before starting to leak.

It must be broken. Our Schooner was parked at a freeport for 2 days but we had a person logging in to repair it every 4 hours. It just sank. It had 148% sturdiness. Maybe there is some crazy debuff when you leave a ship for longer than a day, or sinking a ship with an army of cats to overpopulate the ship still works (our crew was 11 / 14)

You cant sink a green anchored ship with crew or weight anymore. You guy most likely missed a plank.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:21 PM, KapitanKlaps said:

It had 148% sturdiness.

And again it need RESISTANCE to take less damage over time... not strudiness so it takes "longer" to sink when ALL planks fail at the same time and leak... and you are hours away from login in...

And - from testing - BP planks do not help... their base damage taken in Freeport is still (FullHealth/12hrs)...