einJosep

I wish, Ghost ships do not attack ships without weapons

I wish PVE Official Server. Ghost ships do not attack ships without weapons. Or if the ship doesn't fire on ghost ships. ?
For example: raft. (Translated with Google, de-en)

Edited by einJosep

Why?

1) This is a survival game.

2) They are Undead and hate the living, why wouldn't they attack? 

3) next, if I'm unarmed, cobras should just slither past me.

• Haha 2

Totally disagree, is a survival builder game,  hence the survival part, you get caught unprepared you pay the consequences. Sorry if you don't like this types of games then don't play em I hate vanilla players trying to take away the survival and difficulty of this type of games simply because you're all not competent players for this type of games. There is plenty of other pirate games you can all play that can give you a much easier type of game play but this ain't one of 'em and you shouldn't play 'em if you can't handle 'em or force the devs to completely change the games mechanic just for a few bad players. =:3

Edited by Rockingquix

You can't attack a sotd from a raft, it makes no sense for a game to annihilate players who are just starting out. sotd should only aggro ships that are armed , you can't even outrun them on a raft. The only advise I can give that isn't the obvious "give up, it's not for you" rubbish as above, is get a ramshackle sloop not a raft. The raft is ok for gliding round an island, but the ramshackle will actually get you there.

they used to not attack anything really close, but its been fixed a few weeks after the game released, but people was exploiting the game, and killing sotds from rafts, but if your intentionally sailing through them..., then you are at fault not the game

They sometimes appear the other side of grid boundaries. As you go through you get entirely mobbed. I got about 10 or 12 in a group yesterday, you used to only get 6 max. The sloop should outrun them, but on a raft you've got no chance at all. And if it's a new player it can be very off putting in a new game. We need more players tbh, not game mechanics that scare them away so that the hardcore elite can feel superior. With the dwindling numbers i'm getting a bit tired of the elitist attitude on this forum tbh. I'm sure i'm not the only one either. We should be helping and encouraging new players, not spewing unhelpful gibes at them.

Edited by Whitehawk

Das ist ne Sache die nur am Anfang nervt, nachher sind die Dinger genauso gefährlich wie nen floss 🙂 also nicht den Kopf hängen lassen 🙂

5 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

They sometimes appear the other side of grid boundaries. As you go through you get entirely mobbed. I got about 10 or 12 in a group yesterday, you used to only get 6 max. The sloop should outrun them, but on a raft you've got no chance at all. And if it's a new player it can be very off putting in a new game. We need more players tbh, not game mechanics that scare them away so that the hardcore elite can feel superior. With the dwindling numbers i'm getting a bit tired of the elitist attitude on this forum tbh. I'm sure i'm not the only one either. We should be helping and encouraging new players, not spewing unhelpful gibes at them.

Now, I can understand about a raft. I wasn't aware that std's started attacking them again. The aggro range should be very limited on a raft, still. However, that doesn't help spawning into hell across zone lines. 

I can't tell for sure if the OP is specifically talking about the ghost ship that is rarely seen or just the normal ships of the damned.

The ships of the damned are easy enough to avoid and see, even on a raft (well most of the time). I see no problem with them attacking an unarmed ship.

Now the ghost ship appears out of nowhere and is harder to avoid when it appears. Would be nice if it only attacked when attacked. I've only seen it I think twice, but if I recall correctly, it doesn't just spin in circles like the ships of the damned. It moves fairly fast in one direction and if you avoid it, it then just disappears in the distance.

There is a wonderful tradition of high-level Elite monsters roaming much lower level zones, leaving the trail of newbie corpses in their path. This venerated tradition should never change. Fear and respect are an integral part of immersion.

However it is critical that the newbies' death be attributable to some lack of foresight or inadequate response.

Thus, the real problem with ships of the Damned is, as mentioned, spawning into a horde of them or their low pop-in distance.

1 hour ago, Califax said:

There is a wonderful tradition of high-level Elite monsters roaming much lower level zones, leaving the trail of newbie corpses in their path. This venerated tradition should never change. Fear and respect are an integral part of immersion.

However it is critical that the newbies' death be attributable to some lack of foresight or inadequate response.

Thus, the real problem with ships of the Damned is, as mentioned, spawning into a horde of them or their low pop-in distance.

Yes, I agree. It isn't that there is stuff that can kill the unprepared. It is that there is stuff that will kill you even if you are aware of its existence and have taken reasonable measures to protect your self. This and the amount of harm caused. You can expect to die and maybe your tame die and be able to recovery your stuff if you are prepared for that. Say for instance coming across a tiger or two when you are exploring an island. Something like losing your entire ship and all its contents does not seem like a reasonable result for encountering a random hazard in the game like the SotD. You can of course recover some of the materials and contents of the ship if you have a backup ship close enough, but a new player is not likely to have any of that when they first venture out on the open seas.

Edited by wildbill
  • Like 1