Sign in to follow this  
Bobothewizard

Some simple questions.

Morning everyone, I have a few questions and was hoping the Atlas community could help. Little background first, my cousin and I play on the pve official server and we are both on Xbox.

1. What is the highest level of a tameable wild creature that can spawn? For instance, the highest level tameable bear we found in the polar region was 29, do they go higher?

2. I understand this is more of a personal preference, but what is the purpose of tames besides gathering? In ARK it seemed like most of the combat, on pve anyway, was focused around land combat with tames where in Atlas it seems, to me anyway, that it is focused on ship combat?

3, This kind of follows up number 2 above. If the game is focused more on ship combat, what would be the purpose of breeding animals when you can get away just as good with a level 40 tamed bear? I read a very detailed breeding guide yesterday and what I got out of it was that it is very time consuming to breed animals so that really begs the question of if it is even worth it or not to sink that kind of time into breeding.

4. Yesterday with Christmas and the day off of work I took our brig,  cousin has the galleon, and went from K6 up to, the polar region at K2. For some reason I thought this polar region would be just filled with all different types of metals but I was really disappointed that it had the same amount of metal or sometimes less that our main region in K6. Maybe I just wasnt looking in the right areas?

5. Do all of the resources follow the same latitudes across the map? For instance, if I get copper in K6 does that mean a6,b6,c6,d6's have copper? Basically is there an easy way to determine where different metals would be to get the necessary different types of metals to craft higher end items?

Other than that, we both like the game, its buggy sure, but we are having a good time.

1. it used to be 30

2. yep, tames in a sailing game imo are beyond stupid. many others agree and the "new" lead dev promised to greatly reduce the impact of tames in the future.

3. apparently a perfectly breed bear will allow you to do very high level treasure chests solo. i never bothered. in the hours it takes you to find, tame, then breed perfect bears you can do like 100+ treasures with a regular bear or just take the melee tree and use a 2hand mace.

4/5. there was a map on the wiki showing where all of the various resources spawned. the islands have been shifted around more than once though and im not sire the wiki has been updated. 

if hunting a specific resource your best bet is to be social and ask other players in game. several times friends and i did this and were greeted with thousands of surplus people had laying around.

if you are trying to make mythic gear and ships remember that this is supposed to be an epic pirate mmo and you shouldnt expect to have end game mythic raid tier gear much before 100 hours played.

enjoy the journey 🙂

1. 30...with max efficiency the tame will end up a wild level 44.

2. Gathering and combat.

3. As Motik typed above. Tames can solo treasure maps when bred out. However crabs are the new meta atm, since they can jump to places that you might have to build ramps to for bears.

4/5. All good advice in the post above. There are several tools to find out where specific materials spawn. Most just give the grid, some give the specific island. For example, straw is only found in a couple zones around the edges of swamps. Try this, and have fun. https://exploreatlas.co.uk/explore/

Just to add to that.  Bred bears if done right have much much better stats.  You can have Bred bears with over 200% melee and 1,000hp, 1,000 weight and 1,000 stam.  These Bears start at I believe around 85 or so and level into the 100's.  Then you can imprint on them and with 100% imprint they get a stat bonus when the person who imprinted them rides them.  Don't remember what that is, but I was told it was good. 

These things are worth it for PvP.  We've gone up against some horses that were damn near impossible to kill (seemed like) and could run for days.