AtlasForgiven

Fucking Whales?!

Seriously WTF?  Here I am just chilling in the far south, exploring and collecting resources and whales fucking appear out of no where. Thanks new update. I've got my entire life on this raft. Three days of collecting and getting read to set up shop somewhere when Moby dick comes out of nowhere, plows into my raft and then decided to beach its self on me and the raft. Guess what happened next? Yeah, not cool Grapeshot. 

28 minutes ago, AtlasForgiven said:

Seriously WTF?  Here I am just chilling in the far south, exploring and collecting resources and whales fucking appear out of no where. Thanks new update. I've got my entire life on this raft. Three days of collecting and getting read to set up shop somewhere when Moby dick comes out of nowhere, plows into my raft and then decided to beach its self on me and the raft. Guess what happened next? Yeah, not cool Grapeshot. 

You're missing the point where that is what adds value to the stuff you were gathering. 

Seeing as you can ram other ships it probably rammed him, and his ship and continued to damage to his raft while he was beached.

Unfortunate soul...

That's the way the winds blow...

Bring a mate... or be eaten...

There are dangers in the world, otherwise there wouldn't be much point to the game. No one ever promised you'd be able to sail around the world without getting attacked by anything. 

Whales have legitimately killed real people in the real world and destroyed boats in similar fashion.  I don't see a problem with this mechanic in game lol.  Shit, I'd laugh if it happened to me no matter how much I lost.

2 caught mew in the ocean and they come back for your ship even if youre not on it, they destroyed my bed but not my boat and i died in the ocean

you cant get away unless your ship is fast and lite

10 hours ago, Hackjob said:

That sucks but sounds so cool.at the same.time

It was awful. 

10 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

Whales have legitimately killed real people in the real world and destroyed boats in similar fashion.  I don't see a problem with this mechanic in game lol.  Shit, I'd laugh if it happened to me no matter how much I lost.

Do I look like Captan Ahab? 

10 hours ago, AtlasForgiven said:

Do I look like Captan Ahab? 

You do now.

But whales breach and kill people on boats fairly often in the real world and not just captains and shit.  Mostly people on vacations, fishing, smaller boats, etc.  I haven't seen one in the game yet, ships of the damned are keeping me mostly shorebound.

22 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

You do now.

But whales breach and kill people on boats fairly often in the real world and not just captains and shit.  Mostly people on vacations, fishing, smaller boats, etc.  I haven't seen one in the game yet, ships of the damned are keeping me mostly shorebound.

This sounds like a great start for an anti-whale tribe.